Any thoughts on floral-print Qasas? Confirmed for SS15. 

Edit: Changed the picture from a runway shot to a closeup.

call me a purist but i'd imagine them to look nicer in a yohji-type setup vs a "techninj" (i know some of you cringe at that word) aesthetic. granted they're just as nice as any other qasa so don't let me stop you if you like em >_>

Norse Store is on sale: Arc'teryx Veilance, Norse Projects (including that insulated wool shirt) etc

More insulated shirts to sort through:

Burton Mystic Jacket (mountain camo, dark ash heather). Wool blend, Polyester insulation, Cotton blend lining.

GE3s7OZl.pngFKlKewDl.png

Edifice Insulated Shirt (white stripes, navy gingham and navy chalk, grey chalk). Cotton, Primaloft, Nylon lining

6JKIOIil.jpg
ShI3Juol.jpg

vXYErWWl.jpg

might be the nicest so far (side seam pockets, thomas mason cotton) but ships in March/April as part of SS15 collection!  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other insulated overshirts to consider:

Burton Hadley Jacket (phantom, java). Cotton blend, Polyester insulation, Cotton blend lining,

and, if your wallet is heavy,

Visvim Kerchief Down Jkt 2L Cords (brown, lt brown, green, blue). Corduroy Gore-Tex, Down, Cotton/Linen lining

or

Loro Piana Winter Shirt Jacket (navy). Polyamide Storm System, Polyester, Cotton/Cashmere lining

Edited by SuE

thought I would post this for you all. Pretty amazing if it's legit. CP company multipocket jacket circa 1983. Not mine of course...unsure that it belongs in urban techwear but it seems to fit in terms of genealogy

$_57.JPG

Edited by lysosome

a little late but yes acg 3 in 1 jacket is std goretex and a good value jacket considering whatever insulated veilance field jacket you could compare it to.  though i don't understand why dudes think paclite is a lesser fabrication or not suited to year around use - it's a fucking shell.

was onboard with the acg tech fleece but not having flat locked seams killed it for me since the seam ends up directly on my knee.

backpack is intriguing so will have to see how that works out.

stoked on the news that sdr traveller will be doing other stuff bc i can't afford their duffel right now :(

The ACG kept me warm in today's -6°c weather. More profile fitting than I thought it would be. Kinda wish there was a tad more room in the chest (Oddly it already measures a whopping 23.5" p2p). I got the S and my chest is around 36.5". It starts feeling restrictive when I move my arms back to reach into the front pockets. Other than that I'm pretty pleased with it.

The dual chest pockets are interesting and spacious. There are headphone ports that lead between the inner pocket<>outer pocket<>inside the jacket. On the side pockets the zip is in the 'middle' and you have space either side.

The sleeves are articulated (I think?) but not as crazy as Acronym stuff of course. LOL

The hood is a pain in the ass to pack/unpack due to the stiff zipper (they're all pretty stiff tbh and some feel real nasty to use). When packed up it gives the collar a very nice structure though.

Construction wise everything seems fine. The ACG logo on the liner was peeling at the edges but thats about it. 

914fK20.jpg

paclite sucks

Edited by Redmau

a little late but yes acg 3 in 1 jacket is std goretex and a good value jacket considering whatever insulated veilance field jacket you could compare it to.  though i don't understand why dudes think paclite is a lesser fabrication or not suited to year around use - it's a fucking shell.

was onboard with the acg tech fleece but not having flat locked seams killed it for me since the seam ends up directly on my knee.

backpack is intriguing so will have to see how that works out.

stoked on the news that sdr traveller will be doing other stuff bc i can't afford their duffel right now :(

I originally thought it was Paclite due to poor quality photos of the interior. Larsss corrected me and I double checked the photos. I already admitted being wrong and said that for a GORE 3L with an insulated liner it is a good value jacket.

Already ate my crow, don't need to keep beating the point.

Do I remember correctly that ironing is supposed to, for a lack of a better word, reactivate the waterproofing on Levis Commuter cargos?

If not, does anyone have any suggestions because the knees are starting to get a bit soggy

it's not any cheaper:)

http://treasure-house.co.kr/front/php/category.php?cate_no=74

it's shadow project stealth / canada goose (hungarian goose) / scottevest ripoff. the demo is awful and the fit is terrible, the concept behind stealth jackets was to hide it, you can see the guy is so packed, it must be heavy when loaded like that. I guess it's ok for hipster lumbersexuals to stand in front of a coffee shop, but movement-wise it's weak.

Don't think that's his main point, man.  He just wants to know why people think Paclite is inferior to 3L

As far as water repellency and membrane durability goes Paclite is right on par with regular GORETEX products.  

The largest difference is 2L v 3L.

I personally feel that 3L fabrics feel nicer against the skin and wear better. I won't ever wear a short sleeved shirt under a 2L shell because of the clammy feeling I get from the membrane against my skin. However I will do this with a 3L shell.

Paclite's membrane is also prone to tearing.

Because the membrane is exposed and does not have a backer fabric protecting it, it can get tears and pulls from repeated abrasion. GORE advises to not bond directly onto the membrane (such as bonding on a pocket bag) because the membrane is not strong enough to hold up to the weight of a full pocket and could delaminate from the face fabric.

This is not the case with 3L GORE fabrics (the exception being fleece lined GORE 3L fabrics).

This is because you cannot seam tape or bond to fleece backers without mowing down the nap of the fleece which allows the seam tape and adhesive to have a strong and secure bond. Even doing this wont guarantee a waterproof seam and most of the time GORE will not approve this construction and the garment will not be allowed to be made.

There are a ton of factors and most of them come down to personal opinion. Some people love 2L and 2.5L shells because they are super light weight and packable. It's the same argument of merino wool against naked skin, some people love it and hate it.

Paclite is typically at a lower price point than regular GORETEX 3L fabrics. GORE will never say that one of their fabrics is superior to another but to me the cost of the fabric speaks very loudly in regards to this. Regular GORE 3L can range from 17-25 on average per yard. Paclite tends to be in the 15-20 per yard range. Once again these are just averages as I have not memorized the prices of every GORE fabric in their multiple swatch books.

So, I went to see the Stahl Corp pieces in person today; the few of those which were still there. The construction and material are really quite nice. The price was somewhat out of my league, sadly, but the pieces are very much real.

The construction of this jacket was particularly nice.

NEW12.jpg

Edited by kraak

So, I went to see the Stahl Corp pieces in person today; the few of those which were still there. The construction and material are really quite nice. The price was somewhat out of my league, sadly, but the pieces are very much real.

The construction of this jacket was particularly nice.

What kind of prices are we talking about here?