Acronym.

Westbrook

ykk aquaguard zips and velcro cuffs references back to E's time at Burton in the 2000's. as for ykk i'm certain it's a longtime supplier relationship that's been built since those days

zippered sleeve pockets for snow passes, built-in leg cuff gaiter, floating/detached pockets, self fabric velcro cuffs etc all these design choices being used today are references from his time making snowboarding gear (in addition to the military references ofc). this is what makes acronym, acronym

i would imagine them taking stroll to their giant closet and just have a field day on which features to reinterpret and re-contextualize for the next season *drools*

On 12/3/2020 at 5:24 AM, iamundying said:

It's amazing that what started as a minor quip on the alignment of logo tape has turned into a full blown expose on MiC quality all of a sudden.

Keep these reports coming in guys. I remember only good reviews of the P30A when they came out last year so @zoobre's situation comes as a shock.

I remember the J63a auxzip fiasco in 2018, but don't remember a QC issue of this scale even for MiC products.

My main complaints surround zippers. I have a J63a and I had to develop a ritual when zipping it up to avoid jamming it. I wasn't on this forum back in 18 so I wasn't aware that it was a common problem. My J83-WS has an equally annoying zipper, but for different reasons. If I take my time and I am really precise in zipping, it's not a problem. If I am in a hurry is a guaranteed jam!

These are both YKK zippers. They are the biggest zipper company in the world but they are sure producing some crappy product.

Sometimes Acronym uses zippers from an Italian company (the name escapes me now but they are no better!) I have a J46-FO coat and I have jammed that zipper many times!

@RoofmannRaccagni is the Italian one.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:09 AM, dranoelsy said:

ykk aquaguard zips and velcro cuffs references back to E's time at Burton in the 2000's. as for ykk i'm certain it's a longtime supplier relationship that's been built since those days

zippered sleeve pockets for snow passes, built-in leg cuff gaiter, floating/detached pockets, self fabric velcro cuffs etc all these design choices being used today are references from his time making snowboarding gear (in addition to the military references ofc). this is what makes acronym, acronym

i would imagine them taking stroll to their giant closet and just have a field day on which features to reinterpret and re-contextualize for the next season *drools*

That’s an interesting take on the pant cuff gaiter. I always considered it a ninja/kung fu leg wrap reference.

15 hours ago, GANGREEN167 said:

yes it is, in my opinion is one of the warmest jackets ACR makes!

Agreed! It is also more water resistant than the others. Only flaw is the zipper which is really finicky. I am used to it now but I still jam it from time to time!

18 hours ago, isomug said:

Any folks who picked up a LA8-AK mind sharing their initial thoughts on it?

I have one. I like it very much. Quite warm but light and open weave allows it to breath so you don't get overheated. Looks like wool but doesn't itch at all. Fits snug. For me the neck is a bit too tight when buttoned up fully. I took the shirt sling off because I found it annoying.

22 hours ago, Roofmann said:

Agreed! It is also more water resistant than the others. Only flaw is the zipper which is really finicky. I am used to it now but I still jam it from time to time!

If I may ask: What is the problem with the zip on the J83-WS? Is it the jamming-up or the visual aspect?
What I can tell from my eperience with the J74-PX is the "cover" material for the zip is jamming in and this is creating like a thin discoloration (like a white line) in the area. Talking black colorway here.
If needed I can add a pic.