ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

i'd say we all meet up in UTAH then, laxest gunlaws... well, no gun laws at all.

Some big roy posse out in the wild west with guns and jeans and so on. would be rad

I am totally down for this. It would be so awesome/epic.

And Paul, very cool fit

come to new zealand we have mines, and um trees, and sheep...

excited?

booking your tickets?

first day back at work after 6 weeks summer break, lasted 2.5 hours

stopped at me mums to pick up my mail

and

i am complete!

belt1m.jpg

belt2.jpg

no im not

i need some red wings or something

thanks zissou i love the belt and wallet

Paul may have been a day late, but proved to be dollar flush. It's going to take some serious undertaking (you may view this idiom as a striving effort, or yes, even digging graves) to outdo Mike though.

Nice kayaks TG, we have a local outfit that makes kits for stitch and glue kayaks that are similar. A friend of mine put one together, but I can only imagine yours come out with a slightly better finish.

Here's to building better engines eight ways using the ROY method.

enginesmall.jpg

I am not sure who to give credit to for convincing me, but I went ahead with a second soak in almost boiled water for an hour. These were taken as they were still a little damp earlier in the evening. I think I lost a little length in the inseam, i'll post measurements sometime tommorow.

163247_491980061834_508016834_6586480_1459873_n.jpg

166319_491980201834_508016834_6586484_6882547_n.jpg

Awesome pic Joseph, lovin' the zz top style beard, but lovin' the roys teamed with that type one even more. Great fit.

@ Robbie and Paul T - Second soak seems to definately be the way to go!

Posting 'fit' pix this saturday (they're way loose ATM, but I like it)

Will have to give mine a possible second soak in march.

Damn, Robbie's now got my favorite fit, with Paul a close second.

Every time I look down at my legs I get super excited. Every time I look in the mirror I wish they were two sizes smaller.

Considering a third, boiling and agitated, soak.

Glad you're liking the bandanna, docblue!

ROY's keeping my legs roasty in a 8-hour bus ride on my way to Arua for a meeting tomorrow morning. Sigh...

yes, looking great, Robbie.

SO you're going for a second soak, Dr Heech? I personally never bother, will be great to see how all the various approaches work out in a year.

HEre's our Cone, vs original Cone from 1969. In most lights, the new fabric looks darker, now - here the fluff on the new fabric lightens it up somewhat. The 1969 denim is at that really nice stage you get at three months' wear, very matt, with the fluff worn down with wear. Roy thinks of our fabric as being a bit purple ini hue, I think of it as very dark grey, at least after a single soak.

CONEandCone.jpg

Royxcone on right here, on left below:

ConeCone2.jpg

Daniel, if want them smaller, why not live with them for a month or two, at which point they'll benefit from a hot wash anyway?

I think we've all been conditioned to slimmer fits - but, for instance, Farhad's looks great to me.

As does this. My fit is hardly any different, except I've cuffed more, I'm into less stacking at the moment ( there has been negative comment about this in the T household, but I'm brazening it out)

IMG_0284.jpg

wishing I had American Optical

APC Madras

Unlucky

ROY x Cone

Freeman

Thanks for the thoughts, Paul. I am just more comfortable in slimmer fits - feel a bit slovenly in these. And Robbie's fit makes me realize how they could fit. Measuring as ROY instructed came to 31.5, ordered 31 but by how these fit, would have felt better in 29s. Will measure the waist if these when I get a chance.

funny everyone is used to trimmer fits with me its the oposite. and these are going to be the trimmest ones i guess, after i finally soak em. very curius about that actually but i guess i am still goingt o wait as long as i can.

the thing is also there are so many nice fits out there. like pauls robbie, captain zizou roy6 and docblue beeing the trimmest as far as i remember. i like farhads and specially samsones fit. but strange enough all of em look great , there is not a single one wich looks odd, and the fun part of it too

here are some measurements from the 2nd post soak. they don't seem to have shrunk down a lot but the overall fit feels A LOT better. i have no idea why, perhaps psychological but not too sure about that one. will put up a post 2nd soak pic soon.

pre-soak ----------> post-soak-----------> 2nd post-soak

waist: 32inches > 31inches > 30 inches

length: 32inches > 29inches > 28.5inches

front rise: 11inches > 10.5inches > 10inches

back rise: 14inches > 13.5inches > 13.5 inches

thigh: 11.5inches > 11.5inches > 11.5 inches

knee: 8.75inches > 8.5inches > 8inches

leg opening: 8.5inches > 8inches > 8inches

first time i soaked them probably around 50 to 60 degrees and the 2nd time i gave them a boiling hot soak. added boiling water to 60 degrees water in the ratio 3:1. gave them some slight agitation as well. should have gotten most if not all shrinkage out. i know boiling water destroys the denim but i was looking for a slightly trimmer fit.