ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I didn't want to get the camera all FUBAR, but here is evidence of a water fight I had this afternoon with the kids :

tumblr_lo8z3hJZJA1qd5balo1_500.jpg

After filling up about 80 of these damned things I was bombarded.

After we dropped the kids back home we decided it might be fun to get dressed up for no reason and go out, so we did. Headed to a local burger place I'd been wanting to check out.

tumblr_lo8xzgtmBR1qd5balo1_500.jpg

Some pictures of us 'dressed up'. It isn't tux and tails, but ...

tumblr_lo8zaypJdp1qd5balo1_500.jpgtumblr_lo8zd5BdS41qd5balo1_500.jpg

6d21511b6521465e8b8d89f627f83ac1_7.jpg

We started out with a frosty mug of their home made (on the premises) root beer. It was so tasty, lots of vanilla which sealed it for me.

c0e8a7fbdaa24c778879ceb949a1270f_7.jpg

eff29b8c471d401094ead5279faae089_7.jpg

tumblr_lo8yo3iRXs1qd5balo1_500.jpg

Took a look at the menu. Always get a chuckle when I see places STILL calling them 'Freedom Fries'.

0bbfbc17b616451f8fe16d227b0217ae_7.jpg

Very promplty thereafter the food arrived,couldn't get the whole thing in, but this is important because I am smiling. Usually anytime I need to smile for a picture I have to think of this joke that always makes me laugh/smile :

' what did one tampon say to the other?................................... nothing, they were both stuck up cunts.'

so, this was a real genuine smile.

258922d147eb4d88b6f0a86b3c1b4b6f_7.jpg

The Mrs will kill me for posting this one, but I feel like it serves as a testament to how good this stuff was.

tumblr_lo8yp3Lwfa1qd5balo1_500.jpg

I mean just look at these onion rings! We ended up getting a double order of fries and onion rings FREE. We didn't eat them all, too busy saving room for PIE!

tumblr_lo8xx3fY8D1qd5balo1_500.jpg

Seriously, look at the gorgeous meringue!

tumblr_lo8zh0n3oo1qd5balo1_500.jpg

Another testament to not only how awesome this food was... but also that I am a bit of a lard-ass.

tumblr_lo8zikJcVT1qd5balo1_500.jpg

I snapped some better (well at least I thought until I saw Mr 6's post there :D. Seriously dude, those combs are beautiful.) pictures, but I think I am gonna hold off

Sansome, do us a favor and don't repost those photos. It only encourages that charlatan to continue in his felonious ways. A real shame, too, because eventually all that artificial wear will put holes in that beautiful fabric...

I move to invalidate Roy6's pants...;)

Hot damn, roy6! Those are some lovely trousers.

I've been making a concerted effort to tell myself that my real office is the outdoors, not the nicely furnished basement room where my computer sits. I also realized I hadn't taken my Golf TDI for a proper spin other than around town. Soooo, I decided to spent part of the afternoon up Logan Canyon, which is just a mile or two from my house. It was a day to give thanks for owning a turbocharged manual car.

2f356ce7.jpg

I had just last night watched the original Italian Job with Michael Caine, which inspired me to downshift sooner and race those corners. After about a half hour of fast driving, I arrived at my destination- my favorite little campground.

d7407896.jpg

Here's what I came to see: the lodgepole pines. Exciting, huh? They're actually not that common in Utah, and I needed some good photos for my class. As you probably guessed, they get their name because they grow so tall and straight that they were ideal for building tepees and lodges. I had been confused for a long time about why their scientific name is Pinus contorta, until I realized it was the needles that were all twisted.

ff29bf48.jpg

I also needed some cones to help the students identify the tree.

cf99055f.jpg

Mission accomplished! I drove a little further up the road to the overlook at Bear Lake, otherwise known as 'The Caribbean of the West'. It is particularly clear water, and one of the very few natural freshwater lakes that we have in Utah (and is worth swimming in).

e1507862.jpg

I made a few stops on my way back down to take some more photos. Here's one of a characteristic 'aspen dome'. Quaking aspen reproduce primarily from shoots that pop up from lateral roots. So, the taller, older stems are in the middle, and the shorter, younger stems are around the periphery.

b93b1680.jpg

Here's a shot of Sink Hollow. There are a lot of 'sinks' in the area that trap cold air. They rarely go more than three or four days without frost, and nearby Peter Sinks is the second coldest recorded temperature in the contiguous US at -69.3F (-56.3C).

9a27ebea.jpg

I wandered around for a while, only to have something shiny catch my eye in the shrubs. Why, it was a very old Triumph hubcap! With a little cleaning, this would be a great addition to my garage art collection.

786ef7b1.jpg

Until next time!

0366cd9d.jpg

Wire brush in the shower- weren't you alive in the '70s?

Alive in the 70's- yes sir, so at 11:49 pacific standard time...officially marks the death of this contest. Put the wire brush away, walk over and pick up your 7 boxer's, tomorrow. I think I predicted you, as the winner 10,000 pages ago? Congratulations on the win- Heech, give me that number for RRL...I need gas money! Cash, don't bother- IT'S OVER!! Thanks for having me in the contest, good night.

Mark you know your jeans are looking awesome already but I can also vouch for them. I've seen them in person.

Zissou- as another manual shift turbo charge owner I concur. gotta let it fly now and then and nothing better than a mountainous road

DocBlue- I forgot to mention earlier that your bike is kick ass and glad you're doing well. way to fall off and get right back on.

Alive in the 70's- yes sir, so at 11:49 pacific standard time...officially marks the death of this contest. Put the wire brush away, walk over and pick up your 7 boxer's, tomorrow. I think I predicted you, as the winner 10,000 pages ago? Congratulations on the win- Heech, give me that number for RRL...I need gas money! Cash, don't bother- IT'S OVER!! Thanks for having me in the contest, good night.

Well, thanks! But not so fast.

Dkatz (I am now officially sorry I asked you to be in this contest), zissou, robbie (& you) all getting lots of wear, and of course we haven't seen Fardin's in far, far too long. I expect they will be pretty good. There haven't been good close-ups of a lot of contestants' pairs, so who can say.

In fact, revised roll-call of shame:

pomata

pomata

pomata

fardin

lostinthesupermarket

dr.house

rnrswicth (takes more than mrs.swicth &switchjr. being cute to cut it)

TheClerk

Harris, wtf are you on about - RRL number?

Well, thanks! But not so fast.

Dkatz (I am now officially sorry I asked you to be in this contest), zissou, robbie (& you) all getting lots of wear, and of course we haven't seen Fardin's in far, far too long. I expect they will be pretty good. There haven't been good close-ups of a lot of contestants' pairs, so who can say.

In fact, revised roll-call of shame:

pomata

pomata

pomata

fardin

lostinthesupermarket

dr.house

TheClerk

You're too right, buddy. It's a shame. As said before, I've got a lot of f.cking private stress atm, but hey, that shouldn't stop me updating, at least a bit more. And the Roy is looking real good, I'll shoot a new pic later today, okay?

great progress there mark...

wtf if dr.house btw? i think someone needs to contact him and jump in on his space for the rest of the year...

I am here and no one gets my ROY, digger!

you forgot the pictures of me with my shirt off shooting basketball. That was just for you.;)

Markus- evidence clearly shows that you're either on your knees or on your A$$ lol

Killer pair my friend.

Robbie- nice posts. I thought you weren't drinking cola that much!!! fell off the wagon ay? lol

do i win a special prize for best ass fades?

You win a custom leather strop for, well, use your imagination!

The thing I'm taking away from this contest is that you guys spend way too much time on your knees. Nice work everyone.

Here are my non knee fade Roys

P7133410.jpg

Here are some random cell phone pics.

IMAG0407.jpg

At the tow yard (thankfully not for my car)

IMAG0405.jpg

The tow yard right under the Kosciuszko bridge which links Queens & Brooklyn. I got hot with a cigarette butt while taking this pic.

IMAG0408.jpg

Queens County Criminal Court at sunset. What a wonderful sight. This courthouse is used on Law & Order a lot even though the show takes place in Manhattan.

1301006144674.jpg

Van Wyck Expwy

1301005989172.jpg

I have no idea what this is

1306613455459.jpg

Anyone want to guess what's in the bag?

IMAG0416.jpg

you forgot the pictures of me with my shirt off shooting basketball. That was just for you.;)

Well, I did forget about that. I would let you slide for that, but I think the majority of the contestants were not titillated by your toplessness, so they might object. So to reiterate: get your shit together and post some pictures. (of the jeans).

enough talk,more pics.

5933609048_aa74007a7d_z.jpg

5933629086_ee69129823_z.jpg

5933051049_961959c059_z.jpg

do i win a special prize for best ass fades?

Incurring knee and ass fades are their own reward.

Not too bad for an amateur, though. A good object lesson for some contestants that purposefully acquired knee fades don't = actual industriousness. I think you have a shot at the prize for best first-time fades attempt.