ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Tonight, my Roys and I are enjoying a beer, burger, and outdoor concert with a friend right next to the nature center where my new class starts tomorrow morning!! I'm mostly excited, but a little bit anxious. I've been planning it for months, so I'll just be so happy for it to finally start.

cacc7259.jpg

Amazing post DKATZ!!! I love the motor bike polo, that looks like so much fun.

Almostnice, I have my armpits shaved. It's really great actually, it cuts down on sweat a lot. But then again I have them totally tattooed and it would be weird with hair growing out of them.

Epic stuff dkatz! That moto-polo is funny stuff :P

Looking forward to seeing more of SF from your point of view too :)

Final little bit of stress before my holidays begin - the last of my job interviews!

The jeans weren't there, but the boxers were...

p7010049.jpg

p7010011y.jpg

p7010013v.jpg

As a long-time lurker, I just had to come out of hiding to tell you what a fabulous & entertaining thread this is!! Thank you!! :)

Oh... And if there's anyone of you out there with a RxC sizing challenge, I'd love to step in! ;)

There has got to be someone not living up to their end of the bargain that can hook you up.

Any suggestions on who should give up their pair?

This could be like the spanish inquisition or a McCarthy trial where we sort out the believers from the non-believers.

Further evidence of the versatility of this many splendored garment. I said it before with TG, and this just confirms how well these ROYs complement the female figure. They balance femininity with just the right amount of 'tuff', while remaining completely rugged and beefy on men.

as some of you may already know i broke a new record : 25 miles and i had an accident with my dear new bike. the bike is back to the garage for a good repair and my shoulder did serious damage to the lady's car but did not brake luckily.

i am sorry i can't post pic for a while, probably 15 days.

good news are : i am ok and i mean it, and as it is not my fault i can freely upgrade my bike so it will be even better.

and Makus that shirt was made for you. so long.

5891793529_51f3d1a9ec_z.jpg

first pic of my bike, but it has already been modified from that...

i agree with all the followers : that thread is dope. (reminds me the ooe one)

I hope That [other] Girl won't be offended by another lady wearing the ROYxCones...

S L U T . . .

launched our kayaks today but due to dkatz behaviour i dont feel like sharing

actually the water proof camera wont talk to my computer, so i need to borrow another and do a switch and swap around copy paste thing to have show n tell

as some of you may already know i broke a new record : 25 miles and i had an accident with my dear new bike. the bike is back to the garage for a good repair and my shoulder did serious damage to the lady's car but did not brake luckily.

Hope your shoulder is OK!

Your pic ain't working though...

Speaking of missing contestants (updated version):

1 dr. house Germany

2 Dr_Heech England

3 Entertainment USA

4 Joseph Hill USA

5 Zissou USA

6 eltopo USA

7 Fardin Austria

8 Riff Canada

9 Sansome1877 USA

10 rnrswitch USA

11 almostnice Germany

12 Paul T England

13 Roy6 USA

14 shortylong USA

15 Dkatz Uganda/USA

16 Erk USA

17 Cash USA

18 Pomata Italy

19 Fre$co England

20 TG76 New Zealand

21 TheClerk England

22 Medine USA

23 not too tight USA

24 robbie USA

25 ThisSunday USA

26 DocBlue France

27 ADH92 USA

28 Farhad USA

29 Lostinthesupermarket Ireland

30 mikecch Australia

We have lost both our Asian reps :P

Sorry to hear about your motorcycle accident^^ I broke my nose for the first time back in 2008- I crashed my dirt bike without a helmet on (fun stuff)

Hear I am trying to keep up with dkatz- it looks like he is being dragged to work... behind a moped everyday! Sorry in advance, for the sloppy video.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52982610@N06/5893315532/

i am sorry i can't post pic for a while, probably 15 days.

good news are : i am ok and i mean it, and as it is not my fault i can freely upgrade my bike so it will be even better.

and Makus that shirt was made for you. so long.

5891793529_51f3d1a9ec_z.jpg

first pic of my bike, but it has already been modified from that...

i agree with all the followers : that thread is dope. (reminds me the ooe one)

NICE!!!!!!!!

Commiserations, Doc. Looking forward to seeing you back on that machine soon.

Can't wait to see Roy's upcoming Nihon Menpu jeans - I'm guessing it's the very striated fabric he used on the Toyr jeans, not unlike the MF dungarees, which must count as the nicest fabric around - alongside our COne Black Seed...

^They will be very interesting to see, indeed, Paul. I think people are finally realizing that when Roy comes out with something, they better jump on it quickly! He's apparently not even making the two previous cuts anymore...

Doc- Glad to hear you are ok! I have yet to have an accident on my motorcycle, aside from dropping it during my riding exam :P

There has got to be someone not living up to their end of the bargain that can hook you up.

Judging from Sweapea's MF photos, I'm guessing she's about a 28W. Did anyone order that small??

Man, I completely forgot some of those guys were even in the contest.

I survived the first day of my class yesterday, but it was so crazy that I forgot to take photos! The Roys did well... Expect some nice photos from up in the mountains this next weekend.

Went to a local farmer's market today.

2011-07-02024.jpg

Looks like it is time for the first wash to get some shrinkage and contrast.

2011-07-02022.jpg

The farmer's market is held in the parking lot of a fuel oil company. Quite idyllic.

2011-07-02023.jpg

This is a close up of the man door for the garage.

2011-07-02025.jpg

I am not a big fan of summer except when the first peaches come.

2011-07-02027.jpg

There are still lots of blueberries.

2011-07-02028.jpg

2011-07-02026.jpg

^ My MF's are actually a 30 ( albeit a bit loose). I'm pretty sure I could make anything from a 28 to 32 work by varying wash temperature & intensity... :)

Well, I was close :) I really need to wear my 7161s again soon. They're so comfy at this point.

p.s.- SIX MONTHS!!!

did not intend to launch these for the first time in winter, but they are finally (mostly) finished so we did

mine and his with my brothers fenn

launch1rj.jpg

his daughter in ye olde plastic one and the other one in his one

launch2.jpg

looking back up through the sun to my house

launch3.jpg

heading out of the salt and into the fresh

launch4.jpg

creepy birds

launch5.jpg

mine and his stopping to swap notes

launch6.jpg

all three

launch7.jpg

love these boat sheds that are down from my place

launch8.jpg

crappy cell phone pic of me in mine... with crap posture after 2 hours, we are re building the back rests as i have a bruised spine now cause they were too shallow

launch9.jpg

and what i wore of course

launch10.jpg

do i win the most wear of ROY boxers?

more photos to come that his dad took of us wasting champagne on the hulls and things like that

entertainment!, that was entertaining. can't wait to see how your's will turn out after a wash. always great to see some fresh produce around! those blueberries look great.

tg great stuff, i think we have been watching you build it even before the contest started (if memory serves me right) so it is good to see you launch those right now. epic!

token girl, great photos.

A bit of a contrast to my last post, on Bright Eyes...

Went down to this club, london's oldest jazz, blues and rock venue. the pistols, siouxsie, clash all played some of their first London shows here.. but well before that it played host to blues singers in the 50s...

100club.jpg

The first brit jazzers played here, and brought over people like Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Josh White, Sonny Boy Williamson, Howlin' Wolf - all of them for their first shows outside the chitlin' circuit.

I was here to see this fella, Chris Barber, the first british jazzer, and blues bandleader, to say hello... want to do an interview with him soon.

chrisb4.jpg

He's 81, a trombonist and bandleader - there were maybe only 100 people in the club as he's seen as an old, nostalgia, jazz act. But he's one of the key people in the brit music business.

He teamed up with Lonnie Donegan - who was his guitarist - making the single Rock Island Line with him, and is therefore responsbile for the birth of skiffle. So he kicked off, among others, The Beatles, who started out as a skiffle act, influenced by Lonnie's single and its DIY vibe.

Then he brought over people like Muddy Waters, pls Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, and launched the blues in Europe - and worldwide. Many bands, like the Stones, were inspired to start out after seeing on of his shows - Brian Jones started playing blues after seeing Barber's band in 1960. Altho he's mainly a jazzer, his band would also do a blues set in the middle. Every brit blueser - John Mayall, Beck, Clapton, Page, Peter Green - would have known his first bands, and his first guitarist alexis Korner.

chrisb3.jpg

chrisb2.jpg

nicebandshot.jpg

anotherchrisb.jpg

It was a different kind of evening. Lots of Duke Ellington numbers. Interesting to enjoy some low volume music, and the glint of brass instruments in the stage lights.

Sorted out a phoner with him for something I'm working on, later in the week. Having read how much history he's accumulated, i'm looking forward to it.

He stumbled as he got off stage - I was standing stage right and caught him. It was kind of embarrassing... but I hope someone catches me when I stumble, when I'm 81.

Walked back thru SOho. I think this was Dean Street - this building is where Jimi Hendrix made all his early singles, including Hey Joe and, I think, Purple Haze .

delanelea.jpg

And theatreland, on the way to the train station.

stnigel.jpg

TG- I'm so very impressed! You did a beautiful job on your kayak. Any idea how much they weigh, all said and done?

thanks guys :)

they are just under 20kgs at the moment, might hit the 20 when the deck rigging is added.

i can happily lift it onto a car roof on my own (tough guy(10))

heading to auckland in a couple of weeks to purchase the last few things, like carbon paddles, new pfd for him and dry bags for when we head out round the islands over summer

if its nice weather next weekend we will head to an in harbour island for lunch amongst some ruins

Paul - Interesting post. It has always fascinated me how pervasive/influential skiffle music was in the early 60's. It seems like just about any major British act of the 60's started out doing it.

TG- it's really been fun seeing all the progress on your kayaks, I know its got to feel great to finally get them out on the water.

1 dr. house Germany

2 Dr_Heech England

3 Entertainment USA

4 Joseph Hill USA

5 Zissou USA

6 eltopo USA

7 Fardin Austria

8 Riff Canada

9 Sansome1877 USA

10 rnrswitch USA

11 almostnice Germany

12 Paul T England

13 Roy6 USA

14 shortylong USA

15 Dkatz Uganda/USA

16 Erk USA

17 Cash USA

18 Pomata Italy

19 Fre$co England

20 TG76 New Zealand

21 TheClerk England

22 Medine USA

23 not too tight USA

24 robbie USA

25 ThisSunday USA

26 DocBlue France

27 ADH92 USA

28 Farhad USA

29 Lostinthesupermarket Ireland

30 mikecch Australia

We have lost both our Asian reps :P

^ My MF's are actually a 30 ( albeit a bit loose). I'm pretty sure I could make anything from a 28 to 32 work by varying wash temperature & intensity... :)

So how about them missing contestants??? ;)

So far as I have seen (excuse me if I'm wrong) only:

lostinthsupermarket

dr. house &

Fardin

seem to be behind in updates, although I believe they are all wearing their RxCs faithfully. And shame on LITS especially, since he also has a nice new jacket to show off.

Only:

pomata

I suspect isn't actually wearing his contest jeans. I think he got a 32 waist- you could ask him, sweapea.

If he'd give them over, I for one would like to have you along. Be nice to have a second woman (as opposed to a second "lady", which according to subjective definitions we have from 0 to 30 of). And if you do as much justice to the Roys as you do to your Mr. Freedoms, you'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Went down to this club, london's oldest jazz, blues and rock venue. the pistols, siouxsie, clash all played some of their first London shows here.. but well before that it played host to blues singers in the 50s...

100club.jpg

Don't the Clash even mention the 100 Club in one of their songs? I am thinking it is Deny, but my memory might be failing me.

Great posts everyone.

This past week we took an overnight trip to Branson,MO to take the kiddos to Silver Dollar City. It is an amusement park, but features a lot more than your traditional rides and long lines. A lot like Knots Berry Farm I'd guess. this park sort of revolves around the past and its focus is'Ozark' culture of the late 1800's. It was 100+ both days so there were no real opportunities for wearing the jeans.

They did have a lot of cool demonstrations however. I tried to get pictures of the Glassblowing and Blacksmith shop, the light was awful. I did manage to get some pictures in their woodshop though. They all run on a spindle, and were designed to be ran off a waterwheel. They've been modernized and run off a large electric motor, but still operate in the same way. Their newest machine was built in 1914. Very cool stuff. Anyhow here are some pictures:

5891993889_0b362f8f34_z.jpg

5891995115_cd9227f89e_z.jpg

5892564370_7f66f33bf9_z.jpg

5892566370_5bde542037_z.jpg