ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

dr heech looking great in those pants. the fading is turning out really well.

paul so when will you be telling us some of your funny jokes?

roy6 too much tits, i almost missed the point of the whole post and what it was about. wait, isnt that the point of superfuture? commendable effort in taking those pictures!

riff, congrats to your little girl on her blue belt! well on her way to the black. your dogs look really chill. playful pups are always so much fun, keeps you on your toes! love your dogs!

5883410184_9686aa051e_z.jpg

started the day by taking the jawns down from their drying station, only for them to get a little rain on them taking the nephews out for another round of bowling.

268925_10150227776286835_508016834_7717017_2552866_n.jpg Big roller, my nephew connor got 2 strikes in a row and almost a turkey.

268145_10150227775846835_508016834_7717013_5431166_n.jpg

no strikes for me this time, they whooped my ass AND made me pay for them. :o

268465_10150227776671835_508016834_7717024_4605711_n.jpg Came home and Grandma made us grilled cheese and tomato soup.

My Mother in Law gave me afternoon off so I went thrifting:

5883396734_e6f2cda3ca_z.jpg

5882828605_e5130beb4a_z.jpg

this is what I like to see!

5882885949_ed3efcfd31_m.jpg Rustlers always have the best fades.

5882835045_256991baca_z.jpg

5883401632_5f5414001e_z.jpg

5882885949_ed3efcfd31_m.jpg Rustlers always have the best fades.

I've noticed the same thing at the local sportsman's club. There's two or three guys that have some $20 Rustlers they wear shooting, that would blow away 95% of the jeans on superdenim. I've wanted to ask to take pix, but have been to embarrassed to.

looking good doctor although crotch shots always makes me cringe a bit lol

Paul, Roy 6 and riff awesome posts.

Roy 6- is the self exposure suppose to be liberating or were these young ladies just drunk? either way there was couple of nice sets in there.

Robbie nice find.

I know you boys and girl are lazy and don't like to click on links, but I posted some pics up of the SELA Flat Head party on My Blog and we have our very own Mike harris, Roy6 and this sunday on there as well as Beatle Kiya, and several other SUFUers.

Feel free to leave comments!!!

Cheers!!!

Those are some great pics man. Kinda sad I didn't get to see all y'all that weekend.

Holy crap this thread is so damn rad. Finally caught up on it, an hour and a half before I hop on a bus to Nairobi. I have probably about 10 posts worth of pictures from the past couple weeks... you all game? I might bring the computer with my on the bus (risky...)

IIIIINCOMING monster post

Firstly, this has nothing to do with anything, but I pass by this truck frequently in Kampala and finally managed to snap a shot while Homegirl was driving

IMG_3135.jpg

So, first I want to show you all a unique day, before I headed out of town. Started out with a normal enough trip to the trading center

IMG_1813.jpg

like my satchel?

Strollin' through the chapatti and rolex vendors

IMG_1815.jpg

Popped in to the tailor. Man my hair's getting long!

IMG_1816.jpg

The tailor, Jane, is rad. She even helped me out in the changing room!

IMG_1819.jpg

All set, ROYxCone's back on

IMG_1822.jpg

Love this new red nailpolish of mine

Annoyingly, had to stop in the office for a hot second. I thought I was done with work??

the five flights of stairs make for a good workout at least

IMG_1823.jpg

On the way to the next destination

IMG_3147.JPG

Hmm... nothing too "unique" about this day I suppose

Passed by a site/sight that always makes me laugh: the headquarters of the National Resistance Movement - Museveni's party.

IMG_1826.jpg

I want that balloon.

But wait a second, something doesn't feel right about me and the ROYxCones this day...

FAKE-OUT GUEST FEATURE

IMG_1827.jpg

now i feel a lot less awkward saying that your butt looked nice and that you also have lost a lot of weight during the contest....

It helps keep me aerodynamic, almostsnide

Would it be too bad a joke to say Homegirl wears the pants in the relationship? Well, at least she wears 'em well!

IMG_1832.jpg

Straight thuggin' at the Indian embassy, waiting to pick up our visas!

I hope That [other] Girl won't be offended by another lady wearing the ROYxCones...

Ladyfades

IMG_1834.jpg

Passed by one of Kampala's many charming street-corner preachers.

IMG_1836.jpg

Been wanting to go to this little bar at the 9th hole of the Kampala golf course forever. It's perched in a funny little spot overlooking the golf course but also on two major roads in Kampala

IMG_1837.jpg

Unfortunately it was closed.

IMG_1838.jpg

Stopped by a gallery opening

IMG_1840.jpg

Most of the art in Uganda feels to me like an unfortuntae uncertainty about how to represent "African" themese and aesthetics without being trite, exploitative or kitschy. Most of the time it fails.

From there the night rapidly degraded... to slapbag at a friend's house.

IMG_1848_edited.JPG

Not having the ROYxCones helped my conjur up some slapbag-rage

IMG_1851.jpg

...but I was like Samson without his locks, while Homegirl prevailed with ROYxCone power!

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

And then the inevitable show-down happened.

IMG_1868.jpg

...suffice to say she proved she really does wear the pants. It was shameful.

And then something even more interesting happened. The host of this here shindig - who knew nothing of the significance of the jeans - told Natalie that he was having a hard time figuring out how to manage to tell her that she looked good in her shlumpy attire. This resulted in slapbag being forgotten in favor of your truly giving the long story of the ROYxCone jeans, contest and you all. Everyone was entertain, intrigued and impressed. Naturally, however, this resulted in a whole lot of "well but now I want to know what jeans that are supposedly so amazing feel like to wear!"

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_3170.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

[he felt the need to improve for his sufu-debut]

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

Though the ROYxCones improved his dance skills, they didn't do much for his slap-bag skills

IMG_3185.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG

I feel a little bit dirty... like my ROYxCones have been passed around more than I'm sure Roy6 was at the dyke march.

But at least the night ended with a cupcake!

IMG_3194.JPG

[interjection: I'm posting this all as I sit on a bus that's just departing Kampala for the 12 hour trip to Nairobi. I love mobile internet! Though I'm nervous about bringing my computer to "Nairobbery"]

And now on to something completely different.

I mentioned this to you guys a few weeks ago, and I was glad I managed to be in town to grap photos of it:

BODA-BODA POLO

IMG_3197.JPG

Unfortunately I apparently just missed the match in which members of the police post who own the field that was being used participated on a team

IMG_3198.JPG

The game!

IMG_3223.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

It's going... it's going...

IMG_3268.JPG

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

IMG_3271.JPG

Some of the audience (not really)

IMG_3221.JPG

It was pretty amusing but to be honest the entertainment value wore off after not too long. The organizers put together a pretty solid little event space (which I didn't upload pics of) - I was actually impressed. And all the registration fees and whatnot went to an organization working against human trafficking. I admit the premise was a bit uncomfortable to me - using local boda-boda men as substitutes for steeds, primarily "ridden" by young white ex-pats just doing it for a lark. I was happy to see that most of the bodas seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves and getting into the game, at least!

Afterwards, we headed off for a different sport

IMG_3292.JPG

Uganda vs. Madagascar, as part of a 3-game "tournament" between those two and Zimbabwe.

IMG_3299.JPG

Unfortunately the game didn't matter much, because it was the 3rd game and Zimbabwe had already won two... sooo off we went for the last event of the day (packed day!): quite a lovely concert with a shito ton of bands put on by Kampala's Allianz Francaise

IMG_3305.JPG

I didn't bother taking pictures of the artists, but therre were some good ones. A few of my favorites:

Qwela - pretty good, fun Ugandan-influenced jazz. They have one song that absolutely knocks my socks off but I unfortunately haven't managed to find the name!

Mista Poa - by far my favorite Congolese music I have heard. This young dude has the most beautiful, soulful, feeling voice I've heard in a while. Definitely worth a listen.

Lillian Mbabazi - Enjoyable, light, jazzy music. I particularly like

Okay, I'm going to take care of some other internetbusiness, and if I still have battery I'll start on the next chunk, which is much more jungle- and monkey-heavy!

Some of the audience (not really)

IMG_3221.JPG

Beautiful pic.

Wonderful posts, dkatz! I don't feel so bad for finding you strangely attractive in the first few posts.