ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

You will soon all be BEGGING ME to stop posting boxer fits.

Now that I, and the rest of the board I am sure, want to see. Remember to document any wear, rips and tears (especially butt and crotch rips). No homo, just plain curiosity at how these evolve together with The Jeans.

Even though I am not in the contest, it would be nice, and an ego massage if the leather patch would have at least a teeny mention of "T-Rex" or something, but I am not demanding anything, just wishful thinking. :)

I think there's nothing left to be said about not being in the contest. This is life. Win some, lose some. Saying anymore just makes one sound like a whiner, no offense meant. 'Nuff said.

Here's to ROY, and the select 30, for what I am sure is going to be a great competition.

258803502_f025eb98a0.jpg?v=0

An excellent idea. I know roughly where most of the contestants live, but if you all want to pm me with the city/ state or provence or prefecture / country, I'll compile a list for posting.

I believe TG is in your neighborhood?

yeah there is just a bit of water a different tone of english an extra star on a flag a different government and a change of currency between us!.. and we dont eat our national animal

^ Yay!

We will get a head-start compared to everybody else :)

Unless someone lives in New Zealand...

here!..

I heard about this before ROY went on hiatus and I held off buying his jeans at $150 to be part of this. I and many others were committed back then knowing that we were missing out on great jeans at a great price with just the hope of something special here.

It's gonna be a great contest, I like the fact that Europe is well represented and look forward to some UK meet-ups. Now if only I could find a legitimate reason to take a business trip to Germany......

An excellent idea. I know roughly where most of the contestants live, but if you all want to pm me with the city/ state or provence or prefecture / country, I'll compile a list for posting.

I was actually thinking it would be cool to do a map - I'm a visual guy. Even a Google map with a little thingy where each of us is located would be rad.

Oooo... given that it sounds like a few of us will be a bit mobile in 2011, it would be even cooler if we could somehow put together a map that we can update whenever we go somewhere. Kind of like how a Google map looks like when it's showing directions, but a separate little line for each of us.

Anyone have any idea how to do that? I actually have GIS software on my computer... but NO idea how to use it.

I was actually thinking it would be cool to do a map - I'm a visual guy. Even a Google map with a little thingy where each of us is located would be rad.

Oooo... given that it sounds like a few of us will be a bit mobile in 2011, it would be even cooler if we could somehow put together a map that we can update whenever we go somewhere. Kind of like how a Google map looks like when it's showing directions, but a separate little line for each of us.

Anyone have any idea how to do that? I actually have GIS software on my computer... but NO idea how to use it.

there are those where have you been maps on facepalmbook... could we steal that somehow,,, or add another of this

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/vbgooglemapme.php

or we could all get tracking devices and a live feed to the world where we are.... no stalkers allowed

tg is from NZ. Do us proud mikecch!

Thanks kino, will do :)

^Melbourne meetup where we all get to touch mikecch's jeans?

101659195_b788d35b17.jpg

yeah there is just a bit of water a different tone of english an extra star on a flag a different government and a change of currency between us!.. and we dont eat our national animal

here!..

Damn your 2 hour head start~ :P

Kangaroo and emu are mighty tasty...if anyone is visiting Melbourne over summer, I'll show you our national emblem animals in a burger!

tg, don't feel bad. I was born in Iran and people ask if I'm Arab, speak Arabic, and lived in the desert!!! It's the same as calling japanese person Korean! LOL

Fre$co- you wont find that reason in almostnice. well it will be a reason, but it won't be a legitimate one ;)

dkatz- we can put a tracking device on all of us. kind of like house arrest but with denim. The question is, what would be our curfew :confused:

^hahaha I love the tracking device idea. Oh wait, no I don't!

Yeah, TG - any idea how we could make a map like that for ourselves? If we just wanted one point for where each person lives, it should be easy to do in Google (I think), but the movement part would be tough

Glad we're all here.

One thing Chris shoulda mentioned was that when we quickly had to pick quickly the last few, we knew we had to go for separate continents - and figured the Irish economy needed some help. SO make sure you all drop in on lostinthesupermarket and consume lots of beverages!

Lots of drinking ro ROY, which is entirely appropriate; also we need to drink to the wonderful Ralph Tharpe. He loved this idea straight off, Cone are a massive company, but he, and Kara, made it happen!

RalphatCone.jpg

Cheers, Ralph!

^hahaha I love the tracking device idea. Oh wait, no I don't!

Yeah, TG - any idea how we could make a map like that for ourselves? If we just wanted one point for where each person lives, it should be easy to do in Google (I think), but the movement part would be tough

something like this? http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=117990064908276307180.0004953c55e4628abf370&ll=1.054628,52.03125&spn=164.802303,181.054688&z=2

can invite other people to collaborate so that they can update their own location.

quite easy to set up http://maps.google.com/support/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=21670&topic=21676

Ah! I see you can draw lines.. that could work for the "movement" idea.

And... I can't edit the map to include myself. Hmmm.

Right then, here we go:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102142699161213526741.0004953f49485e64368f1&ll=22.268764,5.273438&spn=125.089901,316.054688&t=h&z=2

It looks like in order for everyone to be able to edit the map, I would need to invite them and (I assume) they'd need Google accounts. Sooo once everyone's locked in we can sort that out. Would be fun to continually update each of our markers with our most up-to-date fit photo. Am I getting ahead of myself?

All the single ladies should commit to growing their beards for the duration of the contest. By the end they'd fit right in to the JOTOW thread.

I hope that the absence of photoillustrations so far in this thread is NOT the trend over the next year. Pictures of jeans speak louder than words about jeans! Except when the Four Horsemen denim philosophers are speaking...

I heard about this before ROY went on hiatus and I held off buying his jeans at $150 to be part of this. I and many others were committed back then knowing that we were missing out on great jeans at a great price with just the hope of something special here.

It's gonna be a great contest, I like the fact that Europe is well represented and look forward to some UK meet-ups. Now if only I could find a legitimate reason to take a business trip to Germany......

I think this is the case for most of the contestants, of course, barring the "lucky 3."

Y'all had a little faith in ROY, and the hack organizers of this thing. Thanks to y'all as well.

Just to bring my end of Phase 1 to an end - I've replied to everyone who PM'd me first, to say thanks very much for your interest, and sorry everyone couldn't get in. It's a great vindication of ROY.

Now I've replied to the PMs I realise there are well over 60 people who missed out and didn't complain - thanks for understanding. I shall only say that the one person I've noticed who did gripe was the last but one to PM!

Some people seem to think this was all some kind of beauty contest; it wasn't for me, I simply wanted to get as wide a spread of interesting posts, across ages and continents if possible, so Cone get some cool blog entries. I know lots of others would have done a great job - but the best way to prove that is in a future contest or other thread here on SuFU. I'll continue to look forward to all your posts.

And Vinn - you remain our style inspiration.