ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Nice posts from Paul T, Roy6 but especially Shortylong who is definately playing the long game and is sure to give some of the other contestants here a run for their money with his no-wash approach! Not jealous one bit.

Cant rep you shorty, but will come back to do so.

Keep up the good work.

Hem-stitching. It's done with a special machine that I don't believe has been manufactured for non-commercial use for a long time. It punches a hole in the fabric, then stitches the edges closed. Put a bunch in a row and you have a stitch. I think it mostly used to be used for linens and curtains.

Roy got this machine a while back, and was really excited about it. This is the first thing I've seen him make using it.

5765706225_fe7b993de7_o.jpg

5766253844_6d0ef62d40_b.jpg

Was going to say, Roy6, that I swear I had seen something like that on curtains or old hand towels...

Yes, it's called fagotting, and as you both have noted, sometimes featured on curtains, table linen, pillow cases etc as well as apparel.

Machines are still manufactured for this process.

^Thanks, as always, ringring.

That's the coolest onesie I've ever seen TG76 :) Great photos, Paul and Roy6, and good workin' in the Roys, Shortylong!

I've been snapping photos with my phone lately, but I am behind due to an overly stressful life. BUT, I moved almost everything out of my old house and into my new house yesterday! I'm back at my old house doing some major cleaning today.

The Roys are absolutely nasty at the moment, and will get another wash and photos this week....

jeans are washed and dried, shrank to fit good, bath looked like i had boiled smurfs in it, but surprisingly little movement on the jeans, will take pics of them when the sun is out tomorrow, today me and my ROY boxers got crafty

testing glues on neoprene

baby1a.jpg

then, what to do with stacks of old tees i cant be bothered selling

baby2y.jpg

baby3k.jpg

baby4g.jpg

baby goth

This + kayak = exceptionally cool. 'The creative mind plays with the object it loves'.

Hem-stitching. It's done with a special machine that I don't believe has been manufactured for non-commercial use for a long time. It punches a hole in the fabric, then stitches the edges closed. Put a bunch in a row and you have a stitch. I think it mostly used to be used for linens and curtains.

Roy got this machine a while back, and was really excited about it. This is the first thing I've seen him make using it.

5765706225_fe7b993de7_o.jpg

5766253844_6d0ef62d40_b.jpg

Yes, it's called fagotting, and as you both have noted, sometimes featured on curtains, table linen, pillow cases etc as well as apparel.

Machines are still manufactured for this process.

My new favorite word. You all heard ringring say it, so I can't be criticized.

First example of many:

IMG_1598.jpg

Dkatz- the Roys are looking great, but IMO they'd look vastly better with a little faggoting.

Faggots look a bit like wrapped up meatballs - rather like haggis, they're usually made of offal, heart, liver, or other bits, wrapped up in caul (stomach lining). As with other offal and traditional English dishes, they seem to be getting a lot more popular lately (altho that might just be in my house)

My friend has a tendency to carry thousand pound loads of tile in the back of his Dodge 3500 diesel dually 4x4. He never knew his brakes were bad until the rotor ground through to the cooling fins, and the piston popped out of the caliper dumping all his brake fluid in a wink.

You have to pull the axles and drop the sixty pound hub assembly to get the rotor off. The hub is of course full of skunk juice (gear oil) which tries its darndest to spill all over everything. I amazingly kept the vast majority off of the ROYs. A couple of times I thought I was going to have to change my handle to Greazy Joe. This is of course the after picture, as I forgot to snap anything of the ugly bits.

3500hub.jpg

Yes only one wheel is going on the back of this dually. The other is flat and needs to be repaired.

3500hub2.jpg

Not much wear showing in the pictures. There's lots of royal blue on all the creases in person though. I'm trying to hold off washing for a little longer. They're not too funky, but for some reason the feel like they're getting heavier.

My new favorite word. You all heard ringring say it, so I can't be criticized.

First example of many:

Dkatz- the Roys are looking great, but IMO they'd look vastly better with a little faggoting.

Bahahahaha. Roy6 being introduced to this word feels akin to a cat being let into a pen of mice.

Went to a Polo match on Governor's Island today. It was a little to "Take Ivy" for me, but over all a pretty cool event

P6052964.jpg

Some folks here are organizing a big "boda-boda (motorcycle taxi) polo" event here in a couple weekends

211125_219726288055949_6388408_n.jpg

If I'm in town, I will DEFINITELY be there with my camera!

Faggots look a bit like wrapped up meatballs - rather like haggis, they're usually made of offal, heart, liver, or other bits, wrapped up in caul (stomach lining). As with other offal and traditional English dishes, they seem to be getting a lot more popular lately (altho that might just be in my house)

Here it is in the flesh, so to speak:

adam_tuscany_etc_204.jpg

Fuck Brains faggots, we used to have to eat that shit when I was a kid.

Ha! Knew I'd upset one. S'pose you're gonna dis fish fingers next!?!

That one posted above looks damn good.

....hmm, not sure I'd go that far; but I did say it was subjective.

Brain's faggots?

You Brits are having us on, aren't you.

Not at all.

Next you'll be telling me you Americans call bumbags - fanny-packs?

I'd prefer a fanny to a bum any day. Ahem....

That's highly subjective.

Indeed!

In case anyone is interested, my Roys have some new neighbours:

Beautiful boots! Whites? I didn't know they did a half sole. I want some black cap toes pretty badly.

Ha! Knew I'd upset one. S'pose you're gonna dis fish fingers next!?!

....hmm, not sure I'd go that far; but I did say it was subjective.

Not at all.

Next you'll be telling me you Americans call bumbags - fanny-packs?

Fish finger sandwiches rock. but brains faggots are made of lips and arseholes!

Zissou - Yeah White's SD, the do half soles now.

Isn't it possible to smoke fags too? I smoked a ton of fags when I was in London, just ask Paul T. He witnessed it all. My mouth/gums were a little sore the next morning, but when I get drunk I really love a fag to smoke. The more the merrier...

Shall i continue with this?

I love Brains faggots, they were one of the few things on our school lunch menu that I would eat back in the Stone Age. Other kids hated them so I would always get extras. Next time I'm home I'm going to have to get some now. ^ Yes, theoretically you could pull that off.

Isn't it possible to smoke fags too? I smoked a ton of fags when I was in London, just ask Paul T. He witnessed it all. My mouth/gums were a little sore the next morning, but when I get drunk I really love a fag to smoke. The more the merrier...

Shall i continue with this?

Hey, where are your photos, slacker?

Hey, where are your photos, slacker?

I am a slacker... but this whole time traveling thing makes it hard to post pics. Last week I sailed from Mexico to Cuba and marched the mountains to Havana with Fidel and Che. Pretty cool cats and they really loved the cinch back of my jeans. Not too fond of the pocket lining, though. They thought it was a bit bulky, but I disregarded that. They are a couple nancy boys, anyhow.