ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Really loving these jeans ATM.

Great posts everyone, especially Robbie !

@ Paul T ...really makes me want to visit London again. Is that portabello?

Intriguing project.... what can it mean (?)

The vanishing second-hand markets of London! ;)

Nice fit Zissou! Those renos of your are quite something!

Paul, I too can hardly wait!

Thanks for the kind words & rep guys! Glad you are enjoying the pics!

So here's the last batch from our stay at the cottage.

We had fantastic weather ( with one snowstorm ), and went out to hike or xcountry ski every day.

After the snowstorm blew over, everything looked like a scene from a fairy tale - icing sugar dusting… It all crusted over within a day tho...

a7676522.jpg

Early mornings were best for bushwhacking, since the crust was still hard and kept us from sinking in!

e0dfe90a.jpg

195ed28d.jpg

2f681db9.jpg

This is on a maintained trail - we were out for most of the day.

4392066a.jpg

4a18300d.jpg

acf60501.jpg

We caught a great sunset on the hike back home:

4db845d0.jpg

We were driving back home on Sunday, when we saw an huge flock of ducks migrating back the south. We pulled over to get some shots, and their sheer numbers (as well as the volume of noise they were making!) were astonishing.

27d5b80e.jpg

We hit the thousand islands area right around sunset. While it wasn't across the lake, the colours were fantastic - shades of purple, pink & orange.

And on that note - g'night!

a1de560d.jpg

so this happened today. uh oh :confused:

5570641910_a953813f56_z.jpg

this has never happened to me before. what now? I reckon I could hand stitch it back, but I dont know how well thats gonna hold it.

Gee, that's no good...never happened to me either, but have you asked Roy about it?

Looks like a similar problem what I experienced early this month though, the weft breaking cleanly in a straight line whilst the warp is largely unaffected?

p3070003.jpg

Gee, that's no good...never happened to me either, but have you asked Roy about it?

Looks like a similar problem what I experienced early this month though, the weft breaking cleanly in a straight line whilst the warp is largely unaffected?

I've had the same thing happen with the top button hole on a pair of LVC 1890's, just hand stitched it back on...

A handstitch should hold pretty well. The denim on these is somewhat experimental so i could see it having some flaws especially considering there was no post processing... wabi sabi?

Thanks, riff. I have been working myself to the bone lately. Love the photos... the last one is especially striking.

I think I need to bug Roy about getting some scraps to reinforce my cuffs (which are starting to fray a lot). I didn't get any with my jeans because I had the max inseam.

I was sure I'd be able to go at least another month before a machine wash, but that dish room is hazardous to the health of my jeans.I'll probably regret it afterwards but between humidity, dishwater,random food splatters,stale coffee, spaghetti sauce, it was just time. I'd tried spot cleaning, or just plain ignoring the daily free radicals. I did the hand wash a few weeks back, they were 'better' but just didn't feel clean. I am sure my wife would have put up with a few more weeks and not said anything, but we were driving home and she asked when I thought i'd be washing them. I think that was her gentle way of saying 'dude... wash your stinky fucking jeans'.

pics soon

-rF

Me and the new KTH wabash striped shirt. I like it much more than the stifel polka dot one.

007medium.jpg

009medium.jpg

Oooh, guavas...my favourite fruit juice!

Do you grow lettuce at all?

Today was exciting, I finally got my old Fuller brush (back when they made horsehair brushes):

p3300010.jpg

p3300011.jpg

I think this is 70s, 80s?

Wabash and Roys, two great tastes that taste great together. Have to say Fresco is Kinging that so far, but taking nothing away from switch. You guys gonna start sporting pocket watches, being as you've got the pockets for them?

Still diggin' Clerks Andy Capp tweed ensemble as well.

And there's not much that doesn't belong underneath a horsehide jacket.

Today was exciting, I finally got my old Fuller brush (back when they made horsehair brushes):

p3300010.jpg

When I was a kid, there use to be "Fuller Brush Men" who would go door to door and sell brushes. Wonder if that was true in Australia. Or is the brush from the States?

Based on the box graphics, your guess on the dating seems right to me.

^ Mmm, would love to see a pic of one of these "Fuller Brush Men".

The brush is from the US, I don't think we had similar salesman in Australia (could be wrong though...I only immigrated here in 1990.)