Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

@Broark yea when I asked Hoosier he told me the denim is different. 
I also assumed it was the same denim so was going to pass on the 42 jeans but now I might grab them……

10 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Duke Mantee @MJF9 yea I asked if the wwii denim for the 1942 is the same as the s601 and Hoosier said no it’s a different denim. 

I’ve not spoken to Seiichiro so maybe that’s the case mate - I just remember seeing something in the catalog 

Regardless, in the matter of shrinkage, no matter what version of denim I’ve ever had (which is all of them except this - potentially) has ever experienced residual shrinkage of any concern. So that’s the question to follow up with Seiichiro.

Reading such great things about freewheelers that I’m taking the plunge on the 1942 jacket from Hoosier. One interesting thing he mentioned is that he usually processes the rivets and buckle (make them less sharp) at customers request. 
do you guys usually go ahead and ask him to do that or just wear as is?

@olmecasteve I don’t typically go this route, I’ve grown to like the sharp rivets. And they tend to dull a little over time, not as much as having them machined down but more subtly.

I’ve got quite a few bits headed my way from Seiichro, should post some photos here in the next couple days.

I also like the sharp rivets. One of my pieces - my 1922 jacket (that I otherwise really enjoy) I had to buy from Speedway and the rivets were pounded down - which I did not ask for - and every time I put it on I’m just a little bummed about it. But of course I think I just grew to like them and would not miss them or care if I’d never known the difference. 

I’m gonna buck trend and say I had Seiichiro round over the rivets on my last denim purchase and I absolutely loved it. I don’t hate the sharp rivets, but I haven’t drawn blood on the smooth rivets yet. 

I wished I had the rivets at the cinch on my type 1 rounded over for the sake of my car seat. It’s not damaged, but I sure think carefully every time before sitting down. 

Update on some 51s I’ve had for awhile and a fresh pair of 51s I picked up not that long ago a size down. Particularly enjoying the fades on the button fly. Almost have a back pocket rivet poking through. A few more spills skateboarding and I should be able to send out some sparks! 
IMG_6939.thumb.jpeg.085eb11e954f24a17c5c6b750607965e.jpegIMG_6938.thumb.jpeg.344124fcc3e421ac73e657a6ddbdbbc3.jpegIMG_6937.thumb.jpeg.9066474c8816ee7dfe8cbbdfd70d7ea7.jpeg

On 4/29/2024 at 4:42 PM, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I also like the sharp rivets. One of my pieces - my 1922 jacket (that I otherwise really enjoy) I had to buy from Speedway and the rivets were pounded down - which I did not ask for - and every time I put it on I’m just a little bummed about it. But of course I think I just grew to like them and would not miss them or care if I’d never known the difference. 

Ah man, I didn't know they did that, I just purchased the '42 jacket from them.