The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Alright guys, here it is!  Imo the best wallet there is.  It took a while to get but totally worth it.  I'm in love with this thing.  Cordovan outer, cowhide inner, pigskin up the wazoo.

3n3P91r.jpg

sddP1MR.jpg

cvnTGrw.jpg

f6E5kSR.jpg

Hey itsbenhere, How did you contact TFH to make a cordovan wallet like that? that look is basically perfect for what I'd want. Also, what did it run you?

I got an old one in 42, this one is 44. I hope it fits the way I want. I might have to shorten the sleeves a bit, they seem to run fairly long.

You can get a decent amount of shrink out of that fabric by hot soaking then drying it (on low).  I've done it to two of mine where the 40 was a little big and it shrunk it down and did absolutely nothing to the fabric.

Hi fellas,

I just bought a pair of flat head ( 3002, my first unsaforized jeans ever ). I am wondering how to get most of shrinkage out without a washing machine, I already did one soak in warm water (without agitation because I don't really get what agitation is), I think 60% is done. 

can anyone help, I don't have any experience with unsanforized denim.

Thanks

then ask your friends or family for a machine!  :D

but you could also tell us how much the denim shrank already in waist and inseam, and then we could tell you how much shrinkage is left! maybe another hot soak could suffice..

I heard they stretch back only in the waist and only if they need to I am actually size 33 waist so if they still shrink 1" and strech back they ll be perfect. I am not very happy with the idea of the laudromat because there is always a little bit of detergent left in the washing machine..

wearing a belt might prevent stretching back, theoretically.... havn't really experienced that.

the guys around will agree, the 3xxx will stretch back, pretty easy, too.

then soak em hot, but honestly, don't worry about the detergent left in the washing machine.

Just wash your jeans, these aren't linen or silk they are a rugged cotton garment. Don't want to sound like a snob, but I will never understand why people are so afraid of washing their jeans. It's a bit ironic that such a rugged, blue-collard garment is treated so delicately by some. Often subject to a repertoire of care traditionally reserved for finer clothing. 

At any rate, here are my 3009 at about two weeks. The knee bags are slowly going away. I hot washed them in the machine and warm soaked them before wearing them.

R37UGRB.jpg

Edited by Rightyow77

Just wash your jeans, these aren't linen or silk they are a rugged cotton garment. Don't want to sound like a snob, but I will never understand why people are so afraid of washing their jeans. It's a bit ironic that such a rugged, blue-collard garment is treated so delicately by some. Often subject to a repertoire of care traditionally reserved for finer clothing. 

you gotta thank all the shitty, stupid, mindless, hypocritic retailers (knowing no shit about nothing, in case I have not made that clear enough...) selling these "once blue collar garments" to our western audiences.

i have reserved a special place in my heart for these folks.

anyway, i am not aiming to hate the fellas trying to achieve high contrast fades with few washes. and regarding this, the fellas in SE asia hold a level of craziness in their own right.

Edited by Blue Nemo

Hi fellas,

I just bought a pair of flat head ( 3002, my first unsaforized jeans ever ). I am wondering how to get most of shrinkage out without a washing machine, I already did one soak in warm water (without agitation because I don't really get what agitation is), I think 60% is done.

can anyone help, I don't have any experience with unsanforized denim.

Thanks

I'd do what blue nemo said but if you're absolutely against washing machine turn them inside out. Bathtub as hot as you can. Let them soak for 20 minutes and agitate them a bit. Hot soak twice for max shrink

I also have found it odd how people spend so much and are so focused on quality of the garment then refuse to wash it or do anything in the garment that may dirty it up

I am not really against washing machine, I don't have one and since I don't use dryer it won't be a piece of cake to comeback from laudromat with a wet denim  :D

I gave them a 2nd soak, I ll post measures after for you experienced guys who can tell if the shrinkage is almost done.

thanks guys.

guys wtf are you talking about. Click into any thread on pg 1 and its 90% vintage fades/frequent washers. High contrast never wash guy has been dead for years on sufu (or else he fled to reddit.) No reason to be up in arms, you have no opponents. ;)

Been wearing some 3009s as office jeans for a few months and man do they fade fast. My wallet outline is popping hard. Its a conservative office, might have to retire these to weekend wear already.

Still cant hang with the American pocket arcs. Its not even the attitude of them im beefing about -  its just sloppy design. hate that stitch  doubling back in on itself. Thank god they are on my ass and I never have to look at em.

guys wtf are you talking about. Click into any thread on pg 1 and its 90% vintage fades/frequent washers. High contrast never wash guy has been dead for years on sufu (or else he fled to reddit.) No reason to be up in arms, you have no opponents. ;)

there actually is a world outside of SuFu, ya know?  ;)

that's where i meet the people still being in flames for the not washing regime.