The Flat Head

LFC4ever

It's different from Flat Head's Pioneer denim (can we please stop saying "3XXX?" Neither FH's site nor any of their Japanese dealers use that term... ever...), maybe the Zimbabwe cotton has something to do with it.

As a side note, I don't think the Pioneer denim is fast fading at all. While it does fade very well and with high contrast, it takes at least six months before you really start seeing results, even Sidneylo's infamous 3001s didn't really start to light up until the five month mark.

In my experience the PBJ XX-011 denim and Samurai's 19 oz. both fade about twice as fast as FH. While FH's denim will always be my favorite, people should be aware that really dark denim (Flat Head, Eternal, etc. ) takes more time to fade.

Edited by Cold Summer

Oh man, finally some good news. Your 11s are epic, I have no doubt you'll get killer results with 1001s.

Give those jeans another agitated soak in warm/hot water. FH denim won't shrink if you don't move it around in the water, I always run mine in the washing machine with no soap and warm water to get rid of all the shrinkage. But the Exceed denim on the 1001s may not shrink quite as much as the more common Pioneer denim, anyway (and I hear it's a little bit stretchier, too.) I'd like to offer more concrete info but not nearly as many people on here wear the Exceed jeans.

Oh man, finally some good news. Your 11s are epic, I have no doubt you'll get killer results with 1001s.

Give those jeans another agitated soak in warm/hot water. FH denim won't shrink if you don't move it around in the water, I always run mine in the washing machine with no soap and warm water to get rid of all the shrinkage. But the Exceed denim on the 1001s may not shrink quite as much as the more common Pioneer denim, anyway (and I hear it's a little bit stretchier, too.) I'd like to offer more concrete info but not nearly as many people on here wear the Exceed jeans.

Thanks man. I hope so too.

I already got mine hemmed and chainstitched and wore them a few days now... Should I give throw them in the washing machine like you said (what spin cycle do you use?) and try and get some more shrink?

Bought a few flathead tee's and I have to say I love them :)

Never thought I'd find a tee to even come close to Real McCoys but IMHO these are on the same level as far as fabric and construction

20130219_194845_zpsfc603c9b.jpg

20130219_195140_zps55d7aad3.jpg

The loopwheeled fabric on the two short sleeved tee's seems pretty similar but the reglan sleeve baseball tee has a lighter materal ( not sure if its loopwheeled but still a great shirt )

Edited by Flash

Thanks man. I hope so too.

I already got mine hemmed and chainstitched and wore them a few days now... Should I give throw them in the washing machine like you said (what spin cycle do you use?) and try and get some more shrink?

My washing machine is an ancient piece of junk, but running it on the gentle cycle with warm water for 10-15 minutes seems to do the trick.

I concur with Sugar Mountain, thats an impressive haul.

You ain't seen nothing yet. Get back to me in about a month, epic things will happen.

Edited by Cold Summer

Come on cold summer ........ You can't leave us hanging like that :)

What are you going for ?

Sometimes I realy wish I lived in Japan but then I wise up and realise I'd be broke because of all the temptation and would most likely choose jeans before food

Edited by Flash

The denim is the same on each of those jeans (they all use the Pioneer series denim.) The 1001 and 1005 use the Exceed denim, which is 16-oz. and a bit stretchier but fades similarly. The Limited 20 oz. denim is much heavier, and we're not really sure exactly how it shrinks and fades yet (probably similarly to the rest.)

The 3001 is a "knee fit" cut that's tight in the thigh up to the knee, and slim-straight from the knee down; it uses all cotton threads and a zipper. The F310 is the same, but now exclusively made for Self Edge and has a different pocket design and uses a poly/cotton blend thread for stitching. The SE05BSP is looser in the top thigh but tighter from the knee down, and uses poly/cotton blend threads.

So why is it that all 3 have different shrink measurements on SE? My pair of BSPs from years back shrunk 1.5" in the waist... Now it says only 1"... What's peoples experiences? Once I get my new BSPs, going to do a few hot soaks and air dries before I wear them for the first time as I remember they needed a few soaks to get all shrinkage out...

Perhaps some of those measurements were based on jeans that were not fully shrunk and/or soaked in a consistent manner. Some of that difference will be due to the cut (because if you have a wider thigh, for example, it will shrink a little bit more than if it was smaller to begin with.) I wouldn't place too much stock in it though, the waist on Pioneer denim will always shrink 1.5-2". If it doesn't, you need to soak them again because they haven't fully shrunk yet, and people have sold their jeans after giving them a wash at nine months and discovering that they've shrunk too much to wear.

I've already seen this up for pre-order on Japanese sites but it's probably new to a lot of you dudes, check it out:

Flat Head Stadium Jacket

Kiya has said that the one Self Edge will carry is going to be a little different from the Japanese. I'm going to take a wild guess and speculate that it won't have the patches and go for a more minimal look instead. At around a thousand bucks (judging from the Japanese prices; maybe shaving off those patches will magically save hundreds?) it ain't going to be cheap.