The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hey guys, I recently purchased a pair of Flat Head F380 and soaked it in very hot tap water and a pot of boiling water in a big bin. After it dried, I feel that the fit is too big for me.

1.Would it make any difference if i washed it and put it in the dryer to get some more shrink out of it?

2.How would that affect the fading process since I've already done an initial soak?

3. Does TTS means get the tag size or are you looking at the waist size. Maybe I should have gotten tag size 31 which is a waist 32 instead of getting tag size 32.

Anyways, if there is no hope, I am willing to sell my pair size 32x36 for any price except below 240 shipped. Only been soaked and worn for 2 hours around the apt.

I wear a 29 in diors, which you are supposed to size down 2-3 for and they are TIGHT.

I got a pair of BSPs in 31, and post soak, they are NOT.

If i could I would've gotten a 30.

I cannot recommend going larger than TTS unless you are looking for not-so-slim jeans. in which case, still go TTS

just go TTS

Disagree totally. BSP end up 1/2 smaller than tagged waist and will be a very, very slim cut if you go TTS on them. It's pretty common knowledge that FH has a pronounced second shrink once worn and then washed.

The general consensus on F310's would be stay true to size, correct? Also could any of you guys compare the F310 to Eternal 811's? If I'm reading the measurements right, the 811's are slightly larger above the knee and then they have a similar taper to the F310 from the knee down (comparing both with a 33 waist, my normal size).

Edit: I suppose also the 1001 since it is the same cut and the 3001/310 is being discontinued

Correct on the FH x001 series. TTS. I also have the 811, and there are many differences you won't see on the size chart. The biggest difference is that at the same tagged size, the Eternals have a much roomier top block. Not anti-fit, but more hip room and higher rise, which translates into the jeans getting significant hip flare and wanting to sit a bit higher. Otherwise, the leg is slightly roomier but still slim. It's a pretty fun and strangely addictive cut.

How much does the rise and leg opening usually shrink on FH?

The usual 1/2" rise and 1/4" at leg opening with a soak or two. More of you machine dry.

Hey guys, I recently purchased a pair of Flat Head F380 and soaked it in very hot tap water and a pot of boiling water in a big bin. After it dried, I feel that the fit is too big for me.

1.Would it make any difference if i washed it and put it in the dryer to get some more shrink out of it?

2.How would that affect the fading process since I've already done an initial soak?

3. Does TTS means get the tag size or are you looking at the waist size. Maybe I should have gotten tag size 31 which is a waist 32 instead of getting tag size 32.

Anyways, if there is no hope, I am willing to sell my pair size 32x36 for any price except below 240 shipped. Only been soaked and worn for 2 hours around the apt.

Don't sell.

First, don't boil your jeans - you won't see more shrink with water above maybe 160F. You will fuck them up that way though. Second, always assume they're only partially shrunk with your first soak. You need to wear them and then wash them to get that second shrink. Sometimes more than one additional soak/wash. Wearing them helps the weave settle, which promotes the final shrinking.

Third, reserve judgement on the fit when they're new, stiff and have yet to relax and drape right. That will change radically.

Machine drying makes a big difference for sure. Machine washing and the occasional machine dry won't hurt them if done right.

TTS used here means buying the tagged size that matches your proper waist size. If you wear 31, buy a tagged 31.

how long did you soak it for? if it is still too big i think you should just sell it. When people say TTS they're referring to the tag size, but you can check self-edge or something for pre-soak measurements to get an idea of how the sizing is.

I soaked it for an hour and afterward the water was still hot instead of lukewarm-ed. But yeah, I went true to size but should have probably sized down one. Everything fits fine, its just the waist area and crouch area that seems roomy. I've heard it takes a while for FH to settle down so maybe that's the problem.

I'll just try to sell these for cheap, if not I will just stick with it as a relaxed fit =/

At mlyngard

Thanks. All that you have suggested have ease my concerns. I will wait it out then. Thanks to the both of you for the input.

just turned 2 years old this week so I had to take some pics. 1 soak, 3 washes, heavily repaired.

no longer fit... size 34, anyone interested?

DSC_7326.jpg

DSC_7329.jpg

DSC_7333.jpg

I soaked it for an hour and afterward the water was still hot instead of lukewarm-ed. But yeah, I went true to size but should have probably sized down one. Everything fits fine, its just the waist area and crouch area that seems roomy. I've heard it takes a while for FH to settle down so maybe that's the problem.

these things will continue to shrink every time they hit water... if I were you I would hot wash them, take them out before the spin cycle and hang dry. If they are way too big, wash them, throw them in the dryer till they are almost all the way dry then hot soak for just a few minutes and hang dry them again. That should get maximum shrinkage out and leave them as stiff as just a normal hot soak would.

So I was about to take some pictures of my jeans when I noticed something that wasnt there before.

img3458b.jpg

img3460b.jpg

it looks like a simple fix, I think I just need to resew the two pieces back together and I should be good to go.

and the jeans (Pictures taken with flash)

Started 5/8/09, worn ~10 1/2 months

1 Wash at 7 months

Might soak them today after the repair

img3454b.jpg

img3456b.jpg

Snagged a few pics with the few seconds that it was nice out. The difference from a dark inside with flash to outside in the sun is crazy.

img3472b.jpg

img3473bj.jpg

Skistar, I'd LOVE THOSE JEANS. What are you asking for them?

before

img3458b.jpg

after

img3487bp.jpg

I've always wanted yellow arcs! (I guess I got a little carried away but I like em!)

img3483b.jpg

I might redo them cause the other pocket came out a little funky looking.

I think everything came out pretty well (seeing how I havent picked up a needle and thread since home ec in middle school.)

enjoy!

before

I've always wanted yellow arcs! (I guess I got a little carried away but I like em!)

img3483b.jpg

I might redo them cause the other pocket came out a little funky looking.

I think everything came out pretty well (seeing how I havent picked up a needle and thread since home ec in middle school.)

enjoy!

Totally awesome! Would rep if I had any left.

DSC_7329.jpg

Amazing stuff man.

4595510209_cb81422ea7.jpg

;) Nice

did you go tts on those bsp's?

and nice arcs 8)

how'd you do em? lol

My waist is a 29 - 29.5 and I went with a tagged 30 so I sized up like .5 - 1 inch.

I just took some yellowish thread and tried to follow the outline of the bsp arcs, which was kind of difficult cause they were gone for a while. Maybe I'll use something to outline the arc shape next time. Also its pretty cool cause you can change the colors up whenever you feel like, red, blue, yellow, black, silver etc. It takes around 20 minutes to do.

Maybe I'll do black next I think that would look pretty cool lol.

I've crawled this thread pretty hard ever since SE announced their sale and finally received a pair of F310s. When I button them, they are tight. They are easy to button, but they are tight - no room to spare, no looseness.

I am thinking that post-soak these will go too far, especially if the 2nd soak goes even further as the thread seems to suggest.

Too small, right?

I feel like for my bsp's when I got them they were snug when I buttoned them up and after a soak it was a little painful to wear but they stretched out perfectly. Some might suggest putting a wooden block in the waist to stop it from shrinking. How is the overall fit? if thats good, then I would stick with it. Put them on while wet to minimize waist shrinkage is another option. Post some fit pics so we can see what they look like.