The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I skimmed the thread, and general consensus seems to suggest to buy true to size, or size up one. I'm 6' tall, 160 lbs, true waist of about 32-33". I was thinking about the 1001. So, sufu, true to size or size up one? Just for reference, I wear a 29 apc ns (which I should've sized 1 more down) and a 31 imp duke.

I skimmed the thread, and general consensus seems to suggest to buy true to size, or size up one. I'm 6' tall, 160 lbs, true waist of about 32-33". I was thinking about the 1001. So, sufu, true to size or size up one? Just for reference, I wear a 29 apc ns (which I should've sized 1 more down) and a 31 imp duke.

go to selfedge and find out yourself

i sized down one on 1001

i sized down one on 1001

+1. I also sized down one on 1001 but seriously, if you're in SF just go to SE and try them on for yourself.

+1. I also sized down one on 1001 but seriously, if you're in SF just go to SE and try them on for yourself.

i sized down one on 1001

I would but I'm out of town for a month or so. Anyone know when SE restocks on flatheads?

Flatheads 1001 w33, I went true size.

These have been sitting in my closet for months. Two months ago I started giving them some light wear and fades are finally starting to appear.

I think I´m going to hot soak them again to make sure I take all the shrinkage out and after that I´m planning to hem them.

imagen039byz.jpg"]imagen039byz.jpg[/url]

imagen019cbn.jpg"]imagen019cbn.jpg[/url]

imagen028s.jpg"]imagen028s.jpg[/url]

imagen027d.jpg"]imagen027d.jpg[/url]

You're in SF, just come by the store and try them on, no need to go back and forth about it..

Sufu elite model the new shit.

Flat Head Wabash Collection & Dual Ring Bracelets

One of the items we were most excited about last fall when we saw what new fabrics Flat Head had worked on for 2009 was this wabash denim they showed us... Many companies do a wabash fabric and Flat Head has really impressed us with how well they've done their version.

Flat Head has produced a soft and very wearable fabric that's been discharged with the micro-dot pattern that's commonly seen on wabash fabrics, definitely one of those rare shirts that must be seen in person to fully appreciate how great the fabric is. This is pure indigo dyed denim that's been washed once to get the shrinking out and also to soften it up a bit to make it easily wearable. A very comfortable shirt that will age very well, and will crock a bit at first due to the core dyed yarn using to produce the base denim.

The wabash fabric is available in a snap button long sleeve shirt and also a vintage style coverall. Both come across as solid releases from Flat Head, we'd been waiting for the next perfect shirt that'd age well from them, this is it.

Also from Flat Head we've gotten some solid bracelets made of cowhide, sterling silver rings, and a pig-skin lined inner, available in black or tan.

Coverall modeled by kixslf, shirt modeled by Wesley Pipes, bracelets modeled by SidneyLo's wrists.

We also received a small restock of some of the jeans from Flat Head, tan belts, tan woven leather wallet chains, black cordovan card cases, and the Hickory Stripe Workshirt:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

fh_jacket_01_web-708154.jpg

fh_jacket_04_web-781429.jpg

fh_jacket_06_web-776761.jpg

fh_shirt_01_web-781371.jpg

fh_shirt_02_web-751979.jpg

fh_shirt_04_web-751904.jpg

fh_shirt_05_web-776829.jpg

fh_bracelet_web-731863.jpg

You're in SF, just come by the store and try them on, no need to go back and forth about it..

I'm out of town for a couple weeks, I suppose I'll just wait. When will SE restock on fh, kiya?

Okay! So, I received my SE05BSPs today in this size:

3577133883_150d48e5d0_m.jpg

And man are they incredible! This is my first FH and it has knocked my socks off.

But when I measured the waist, it measured this size:

3577133941_382dcb5e4a_m.jpg

That is 37"! On the SE site it says 35". I can't figure it out because all of the other dimensions match. Is this new batch sized differently? Actually, 37" makes more sense relative to the tagged size, but I thought they were going to come 35".

My waist is about 35.5". Here is a fit pic.

3577133765_592542291c.jpg

The t-shirt hides it but it is a little loose in the waist ...when I walk it is like walking with a loose shell around my lower torso. BUT, not too bad everywhere else (though not nearly as slim as my PS in 32 and NS in 31...which I am okay with).

Will this shrink to a decently slim size? I plan a nice, long hot soak.

Also, did anyone else find the waist different from what is posted this time around -- or am I doing something wrong?

I talked to Kiya about this, but I don't want to drive him crazy with a million emails, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!

Those actually look like they're going to be perfect after a hot soak, if anything even a hair TOO slim.

Those actually look like they're going to be perfect after a hot soak, if anything even a hair TOO slim.

Haha, Kiya you caught me stressing again! But now that you've seen the fit I feel pretty safe hemming and soaking. Thanks again for all of your help.

Also -- waist isn't as tight as it looks right there...I could probably fit a golf ball comfortably, maybe more. Thanks again.

yeah i used a sewing machine to sew about 5 inches of stitched back and forth along the inseam near the crotch. however, there's a lot of thinning of the denim itself all surrounding the crotch so I'm gonna need to get get fusing material soon or just bring them in to se.