The Flat Head

LFC4ever

P4170031.JPG

just got the TFH6002W in a 44 raw.

the top block and the sleeves should get some shrinkage, while the bottom part is already tight, but could maybe stretch through wear.

any ideas, anyone, ... kiya?

i am considering soaking the whole jacket in 30 degrees vs. only the sleeves and maybe top block

HOW TO SOAK?! (hehehe)

I agree with Beatle, there's nothing like a slim looking denim jacket and you're mostly going to wear it open anyway, rarely to people fully button up a denim jacket.

I'd soak it in cold water for 10 minutes, then let it air dry.

Visited the Flat Head store in Jiyugaoka while I was in Japan. The two guys that run the shop (didn't get their names) provided excellent service, despite the language barrier (I know barely any Japanese).

It was tough to choose only two shirts, but I left with a black western herringbone (same as the one on SE) and a brown western check shirt. The fabric creates a great 3-dimensional effect, and it is light and breathable, great for spring/summer weather:

1262.jpg1264.jpg1249.jpg

I was hoping to find shirts from older seasons but they carried mostly the current season. I tried on the kasuri shirt as well which is really nice, perfect for spring weather.

That being said, I'm really amazed by Self Edge's ability to be so well stocked with Flat Head products. I was looking to get something that wasn't available through SE, but most of the pieces that caught my eye were the same as the ones SE carries. SE also had more stock than the FH store did, at least when I visited. When I mentioned SE to the guys at the shop, they instantly recognized the name and they clearly hold it in high regard.

Keep up the good work, Flat Head and Self Edge!

Chances are they haven't been soaked yet. If that is the case, you're in the clear.

3001 denim is par with other denim as far as stretching is concerned, though the thighs can be too slim for some.

Guest Ark Sakura
pictures were taken first day i had the jeans, i have a huge wallet witch adds to the bulge. you do not want to size down on flathead 1001s

Are those pics pre soak? The denim kind of looks pre soak. Also where are the arcs? Did you take 'em off?

Chances are they haven't been soaked yet. If that is the case, you're in the clear.
Are those pics pre soak? The denim kind of looks pre soak. Also where are the arcs? Did you take 'em off?
soaking

img1354.jpg

Pics might have been taken pre-soak though...

you do not want to size down on flathead 1001s

I sized down from a 32 to a 31. Neither were soaked when I tried them, but I definitely prefer the fit of the 31. The 1XXX series denim is supposed to stretch quite a bit so while the first few weeks will be painful, I'm pretty sure the waist will stretch back to the pre-soak dimensions.

Won't be soaking these for a while though since I'm still working on a few pairs. Also need to decide whether to hem or stack...

pictures were taken post soak, i over exaggerated when i said first day of wear. more like a few days of wear and when i first put them on they were waay tight to the point where they looked like denim leggings.

im pretty sure all the stretching is out the way and if they stretch more i will be happy. the pictures give off the illusion that theyre "baggy" but in my opinion theyre pretty slim, allot slimmer than 710s. the slimmest jeans I have ever owned

and yes I took the arcs off

I will take a few more pictures in a few months once they have some wear

I'm pretty sure the waist will stretch back to the pre-soak dimensions.

it will but the rest of the jeans will be way tight, in my opinion i went true to size and i am concidering sizing one up. i should really find someone who can take better pictures, they really do make it seem like my pair is a straight leg relaxed cut

Been offered some cheapish f380s.. im new to this game and have only worn apc/edwins previously.

if i wear a waist 32 in apc ns, these are 34 + stretch and fit a bit loose, would a w34 on the f380s be good? or after soak be too small? any advice appreciated

shego

First time posting fit and evo pics of my FH1001.

got them in september 2008 from Selfedge. Mostly evening and weekend wear because of my deskjob. Not much happening, but these are my favorite pair of jeans. stitching on the frontpockets are getting loose. Still haven't decided when to give them a wash.

size 29

inseam hemmed to 33 presoak.

1 initial hot soak, no wash

7,5 months

img1917copy460.png

img1918a.jpg

img1934n.jpg

img1935g.jpg

img1942d.jpg

img1949j.jpg

My camera skills suck.

Guest Ark Sakura
true to size, flat head 1001:

img2074.jpg

img2071y.jpg

img2072.jpg

So, if a comfortable relaxed fit is your priority then, cool. But if you are looking for a killer looking fit, then no way should you size up. In fact, I think you should hot soak the ones you have to shrink them some more!

Guest Ark Sakura

I'm trying to decide between the 1001 and the 310/3001. Which is more hard-wearing and durable? On the one hand the 1001 is heavier denim. But then it has cotton stitching as opposed to the poly blend of the 310. What dy'a think?