The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Flat Head Houndstooth Madness Comes Back to Invade Your Personal Space

You cannot deny the power of Flat Head's Houndstooth shirts.. Now available in an entirely new color combination which has turned into our favorite version, Red & White.

Soft and extremely well fitting, these shirts have been a hit since we started carrying them. Keep in mind they're only produced by Flat Head twice a year, and once sold out there will be no more until the next year. The buttons are different this time around and the pocket design has been changed to a sawtooth design.

These are great for the colder months as the flannel they use is super soft and heavy and can be worn as a single shirt or as an over-shirt.

Along with the new Red & White color we got a limited restock of the White/Black and Red/Black. We've also gotten a full restock of the F310, 1001, and F380 jeans, cordovan card cases, and black woven wallet chains. All these flavorful gems of flannel, denim, and leather are now available in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=ef7108df8626e2fe55ca327142a9e980

IMG_1039-1-707273.jpg

IMG_1040-707337.JPG

IMG_1032-1-728709.jpg

IMG_1037-1-728723.jpg

hay k> houdstooth runs a bit smaller no? i wear a large on ironheart shirt.. what size on houdstooth?? thanks!

Size 44.....

it says on the se site the chest on those is a 42? i think i need a 44?

No such thing now with the rinsed versions (the only versions..), the 44 should fit you though, i doubt you'd need anything bigger..

Can anyone suggest sizing on a pair of 3001s? I want a "fitted" fit. Ideally halfway between a straight and slim fit. Thanks in advance.

i wouldn't say "fitted" is between slim and straight. i'd say fitted would be pretty slim.

the general consensus, as i've read, is to go one size from your true waist. this will get you a well-rounded slim fit. go true to size for a slimmer fit.

i wouldn't say "fitted" is between slim and straight. i'd say fitted would be pretty slim.

the general consensus, as i've read, is to go one size from your true waist. this will get you a well-rounded slim fit. go true to size for a slimmer fit.

Touche. I see where you're coming from. But yea, a not too slim tapered fit sounds good. I was leaning toward the one size down in the first place. Thanks

Touche. I see where you're coming from. But yea, a not too slim tapered fit sounds good. I was leaning toward the one size down in the first place. Thanks

the 3001 cut is not tapered. do not expect taper below the knees...

and i do realize an erratum in my post: go one size *up* from your true waist. going down one size will leave you with an extra tight and uncomfortable top block and a very slim fit throughout your thighs.

jake is right, but if you're looking for tapered, you might want to look at the flat head SE05BSP and size up 2 or more. they're meant to be a slim fitting jean, but if you size up, maybe they'll fit you right.

i haven't gotten them yet, but i sized up 2 on my se05bsp and i will definitely post up some fit pics and more probably next week for you. also, check out braidkid's fit a few posts back.

hope that helps,

PS: is taper necessary? might want to think about that because a slim straight fit can stack well.

Well, tapered is just what I'm looking for, especially since I have larger than norm thighs. Slims are fine, I just don't want them to hug *too* much.

I was recommended the se05bsp's from another forum, but it's a bit out of my price range. The 3001's I can get to me, with shipping, for under $200 at 2nd.

Idk, I'm just lamenting because I sized so horribly on a pair of Samurai 0500's due to weight loss and sizing problems. The leg opening isn't too much of a problem, but if I can get it under 8.5, that'd be awesome.

If the leg opening is a concern you'd probably want the SE05BSP purely because the leg opening is almost an entire inch smaller than the 3001/F310/1001...

Also, the SE05BSP accommodates larger thighs better than the other slim models while still maintaining a slim look.

Hi Kiya...now i'm thinking of getting a flat head....which model of Flat Head is similar to a skull 5010XX 6X6 indigo? in terms of cutting and tailoring.

f310's are pretty similar, but less tapered than the skulls. The new bsp's, flatheads first real slim / skinny modern cut would be a bit lower rise than the skulls, and would have more of a taper than the skulls. If you want something slightly less slim pr about as slim, get the f310's, if you want something a bit slimmer and more modern, go with the bsps.

If the leg opening is a concern you'd probably want the SE05BSP purely because the leg opening is almost an entire inch smaller than the 3001/F310/1001...

Also, the SE05BSP accommodates larger thighs better than the other slim models while still maintaining a slim look.

*Sighs and searches diligently for a pair of SE05BSP* I guess I'll start saving then. But I only have/had $200 to spend.

*Sighs and searches diligently for a pair of SE05BSP* I guess I'll start saving then. But I only have/had $200 to spend.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=338

Welcome to Superfuture, get your WaMu on.

My BSP experience (hopefully this helps diffuse some of the haziness regarding sizing):

1. Ordered BSP's in sz33 since that's what was recommended by SE over the phone. I previously owned F310's in sz31 and while they fit fine, there were times I wished I sized up to get more room in the thighs.

2896689483_98e0c76be9_o.jpg

Pre-soak, they seemed rather big. Since I had them hemmed, I figured I was stuck with them and soaked them for an hour in the hottest water I could get out of the tap. While they fit okay in the leg, I was dissatisfied with the amount of extra fabric around the upper thigh area still.

BiG measurements pre/post soak:

Waist: 16 -> 15.25

U. Thigh: 12.25 -> 11.75

Knee: 8.4 -> 8.2

Leg Open: 7.75 -> 7.4

F. Rise: 10.4 -> 9.9

B. Rise: 14.1 -> 13.9

Inseam: 39.5 -> 37.75

2. Gambooby was looking to trade his 32's for 33's... so we traded.

2897531214_0e8fab670c_o.jpg

After a 40 minute warm-soak, I'm much more satisfied with how this fits... especially in the leg. Once the waistband stretches out enough where I can sag a bit and the denim softens up some, I think they should fit better and sit on my legs more naturally.

BiG measurements pre/post soak:

Waist: 15.75 -> 15

U. Thigh: 11.8 -> 11.7

Knee: 8.4 -> 8.2

Leg Open: 7.4 -> 7.25

F. Rise: 10.1 -> 9.7

B. Rise: 14 -> 13.65

Inseam: 37.2 -> 35.8

Conclusion: It is my opinion that you should only go up one from your usual FH size. I don't have skinny thighs but they have more than enough room to breathe.

Glad to see you got a size that works Bacon. Am I the only one who has a heck of a time getting to the top fly button? It's located so close to the top button, I sometimes just leave it undone.

sorry for the noob question...I got a pair of BSP size 32...they are pretty cool but the waist is already pretty tight pre-soak, am I screwed ? I'm wearing a pair of size 30 F310 and they are tighter in the waist then I like them to be~

should I size up 1 or is there a chance that the waist will stretch out more then what they are right now?? I'm a skinny guy with a gut, always a problem with fitting

thanks all in advance

You could always try wearing them in the bathtub, that way the waist won't shrink too much. There's waist band stretchers too. My experience has been it's better to be tighter than looser due to the stretch factor.