Fuego,

There isn't really a significant difference between 35mm and MF as far as technique and know-how go.

If you're competent in how to use a camera it's more a choice between the look of the different film types and your willingness to spend more of less money.

You can get into 35mm on the cheap and still end up with a really nice setup. You could get a Canon AE-1 for under $100 or step up to something like a Canon F-1 or Nikon F3 for $3-400.

MF is categorically more expensive. Cheapest viable route in my eye in a Yashica Mat 124G which you can get for sub-$300. It'll get you quality results, but it's pretty limiting as you can't swap lenses or anything. If you're really planning on investing in film and MF, you really should just go all the way with either a Hasselblad 500 series, Mamiya 7 II (their slr's are good too, just massive), or maybe even a Bronica SQ-A or something. All-in-all you're looking at spending $1000+.

Some MF shots from late 2013 with my 500C/M:

11759735145_e721f26ed5_b.jpg

11760492516_4dd55723ee_b.jpg

11759981223_969077aa7e_b.jpg

11760487266_28d2836c18_b.jpg

Awesome

11943399614_2e026286cb_c.jpg
Untitled by MrEllis, on Flickr

Not really satisfied with my film (photography) work yet. Finally have access to a darkroom though, so I'm going to try to shoot a lot more B&W film (can't do color processing cause psu sucks in that sense). If anyone also has any advice on how my tones are please feel free to give me any sort of advice as I'm still learning how to scan and process properly. 

400h

12222953235_52540cc0e1_c.jpg

tmax100

12139089635_af7285264d_c.jpg

12139746786_5de9d4f2be_c.jpg

Awesome shots with the XE-1, I thought they were all film before I read your comment (although I'm not a connoisseur).

Thanks.

One of the most fun cameras I have owned. Perfect for everyday carry and travel without loosing on features and quality.

Will put some more shots up tonight.

I just had a quick trip to Berlin, ended up getting a bunch of books at 25 Books! If you ever go to Berlin, be sure to check 25 Books! Best photo book store I've ever been to.

I got

Michael Wolf - Architecture of Density

Machael Wolf - Tokyo Compressed Three

Janet Delaney - South Of Market

Joachim Brohm - Rurh

Rinko Kawauchi - Illuminance

Hans-Christian Schink - Tohoku

Need some help here. 

So im going to be shooting an "our process" sort of video for a rolex repairer and need a bit help choosing a lens. Im pretty sure well be shooting in a tight place and ill either be directly over or behind him 75% of the time. 

Can anyone recommend me a pretty good canon lens for this. I sort of want to find something with a bit of versatility as well since i will most likely be renting and will want to play around with it a bit before and after the shoot. 

Thanks!