Bought a pentax 67 and gave up a few things on digital.

13948256312_89558dc3c9_z.jpg

These two are part of a documentary series for Marcellus Shale. My photo class at psu is working on this project and this was at a rally to ban fracking under a certain park outside of Pittsburgh. When I was developing the photos after the developer the rolls almost fell out of the canister, so as you can see with the first photo part of it got exposed to the light.

13948371272_3d32804ce8_z.jpg

13948376201_3c9e076eea_c.jpg

Im Going To NYC/Brooklyn Next Week. Does anyone wanna meet up n shoot if im talking to any locals :P. That or recommend some spots? Prob just gonna run around with my 50mm I feel ive been taking cliche/lifeless photos lately

tumblr_n4ems9Q5YK1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4emqcDnvU1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4emktoPu01ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4emlzIxFF1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4emjlLMDq1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4e92rS3wy1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n46qt7Oqu41ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3wbz5Ct7t1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n46qy6zkKg1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

Edited by Walt Thizzney

@Walt

Gorgeous work. You shot all that on your 50? You've got a fantastic atmosphere in all your shots, particularly the one of the men in the kitchen.

I'd say just taking a 50 into the city is a good idea. While a wide angle wouldn't hurt, the 50 is light, easy to carry and quick to shoot with. Shouldn't be a problem if that's all you bring.

@Walt

Gorgeous work. You shot all that on your 50? You've got a fantastic atmosphere in all your shots, particularly the one of the men in the kitchen.

I'd say just taking a 50 into the city is a good idea. While a wide angle wouldn't hurt, the 50 is light, easy to carry and quick to shoot with. Shouldn't be a problem if that's all you bring.

No most were taken with my sony kit lens lol. Just if you look at photo blog I just feel like everything is lifeless. Like im just taking a picture but not letting the viewer feel within the image. Probably because I have just been doing cliche landscape kind of photography lately. 

Feel just using a 50mm captures the vibe of your scene a lot better. I need to start shooting emotion. people. ect

@Koven is a huge inspiration 

here is some of my stuff with my 50mm that I loved.

tumblr_myhpan7Epm1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myhpfmHJsq1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myhozmgk571ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myhp91DcZs1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mygmrmPkkz1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n29cvg0E8d1ryqfhko1_1280.jpg

Does anyone know of places online to pick up 35mm film that is cheaper than amazon?  Also, I keep trying to post photos in here and can't get it to work. Is there something you have to do with your images or am I just that dumb?

Are you trying to upload from the comp or do you have a flickr account? If you have a direct url link you can use the image button in the reply tabs, just type in the direct link and it will wrap it with the right code. If you're using flickr, click on share this image and choose the option for BBcode. I've never tried uploading pics directly from the comp.