1245057585_8b0aedea92.jpg

I took this photograph when I was seventeen and had recently acquired my driver’s license. My little brother was with me at the time. I was too naive at the time to realize how exploitive my photographs were, and this is the first time I’ve shared this particular photograph. I have mixed feelings about it. I offered no solutions then, and none now.

its a bit busy on the right with the two objects that are only halfway in the frame but i really like it

i scanned some lost photos. no photoshopping at all. Kyocera T-4. I'm def going to be using this from now on for trips. Does anyone know why some of the pics are a bit scratchy? is that because of the matte?

My t4 is my favorite camera it comes everywhere with me.

are they scans of negatives or prints? either way it could be dust in the scanner, on the negatives or scratched prints

ive been looking at terry richardsons pictures recently and was wondering what other people think about this.

hes a pretty big name and all, worked with lots of high profile clients, but at least most of his actual photos look sort of elementary it seems, the quality and what not. you think its some signature post processing editing whatever look he does after taking the picture with lamps and $10K worth of equipment or rather more like the average joe shooting provocative subject matter with a typical consumer camera and a good eye?

just something ive wondered about, maybe i havent put my finger on it yet..

Josie%20Milk.jpg

Arlo%20monster.jpg

Sisley%20Kissing.jpg

ive been looking at terry richardsons pictures recently and was wondering what other people think about this.

hes a pretty big name and all, worked with lots of high profile clients, but at least most of his actual photos look sort of elementary it seems, the quality and what not. you think its some signature post processing editing whatever look he does after taking the picture with lamps and $10K worth of equipment or rather more like the average joe shooting provocative subject matter with a typical consumer camera a nice eye?

just something ive wondered about, maybe i havent put my finger on it yet..

Terry Richardson is notorious for using a Yashica T4, the same camera tha Poly shot the photos above with. I am not to sure about his post processing though...

jergen teller does it better

so which is he?

Terry Richardson is notorious for using a Yashica T4, the same camera tha Poly shot the photos above with. I am not to sure about his post processing though...

yashica? poly said kyocera?

he shoots with point and shoots, maybe a reflector. Google search his technique, there's a famous story about him traveling to a shoot for a high end client (prada or coach or something) where he lost his camera, so he shot with kodak disposables and they used the shots. ChadM's right though, he shoots with point and shoots, i'm pretty sure it's yashica t4's and contax t3's.

personally, he's pioneered his own style, but so many companys are bastardizing it and just using plain old terrible pictures and him as an excuse, i don't like it. his stuff is awesome though, i agree with you.