thanks for all the feedback. are any of these cameras still in production?

so would we all agree that the man is a better artist rather than photographer, maybe skill wise at least?

skill wise, i'm pretty sure he could fire off a good lighting setup and a great "mainstream" fashion shoot if he had to. he's basically created a brand for himself, and like him or hate him he's making it pretty big right now. I'd say he's a great photographer, because he's able to really convey emotion, which i think is one of the main components to good photography. I'd also say he's a great artist, because as I said before, he's taken his photographs into his own hands and thrown out convention.

He's seeing his visions through, be it photographer or artist he's doing it successfully and i don't necessarily think you need to put him in either category

so which is he?

yashica? poly said kyocera?

I'm not exactly sure about the whole kyocera/yashica thing. I have what I assume is the newer version and it has a kyocera and yachisca brandings....

Either way though, as someone mentioned before, Terry Richardson's "style" is basically his brand. He could probably set up and shoot with elaborate equipment, but it wouldn't be his thing...

perfect place to make a fire like that...i wish the trees would have started to burn HA!

hah, they did last time. we made sure to put the pile farther away this time. that is a little island in the middle of a big local lake. buddy on the lake shore said he saw the flames easy

i cant get that shit. send me some you crazyass chemist.

me and some friends stole a 4x4x4 inch block of potassium from the chemistry labs last year and blew up his lawn mower after mixing it with water and throwing that shit on it. theres a video somewhere, but our science teacher found out and said if any evidence surfaces then i could face academic suspension and possibly expulsion :(. i needz me collegez first.

bearcom, fuck you, i love all your nature shots

speaking of, i really hope someone else saw the full moon with the ring around it. i love anything to do with space, it was pretty amazing to see.. i got a shot in case you missed it.

2067826994_3f248aa3c3.jpg

I have to say, I'm not really a fan of the squared-off cropping on the latter two. Second one seems like it could be interesting, I like the colors you have but as it is it's not working in my opinion.

The tongue seems like it could be composed a little more exactingly, it's kind of boring as it is. The vertical composition could be played for a little more energy, or the colors made a little more vibrant? I like the latter suggestion, I love the tongues photo by Richardson for its sheer vibrancy but also the contrast with the teeth, while this shot is sort of floating in middle-tone limbo. It's in rather stark contrast to the potent colors of the second and arguably best shot.

Just my two cents, Dino. Are you submitting a portfolio to the AP or is this just for the class?

here are a few from the ap portfolio im working on..

My gut reaction is that "this screams zoom lens from a mile away". You'll start to notice after doing a series of shots that everything has similar composition as far as cropping and focal length/distance goes...

Try a prime lens or using your feet instead of the zoom, it enhances the intimacy and increases your awareness for your relationship to your subject as well as remind you the importance of composition within your given frame.

Just my two cents, Dino. Are you submitting a portfolio to the AP or is this just for the class?

yeah submitting it to the ap college board or whatever to be graded eventually, but im doing in as part of class

My gut reaction is that "this screams zoom lens from a mile away". You'll start to notice after doing a series of shots that everything has similar composition as far as cropping and focal length/distance goes...

Try a prime lens or using your feet instead of the zoom, it enhances the intimacy and increases your awareness for your relationship to your subject as well as remind you the importance of composition within your given frame.

"this screams zoom lens from a mile away" - i cant tell if thats a good thing or a bad thing. as for the second sentance, i could tell that would happen, i want a nice macro lens for christmas i think. i want to see inside pores and blood vessels close.

not sure what you mean about the feet tip either, but all those are cropped from significantly larger images since i cant get up close enough and still stay in focus

thanks for all the words

How do I post pictures larger than 97.7 KB? can you post larger than that? if not what do you guys do ? Also i've tried posting the correct size but it always says that it failed.

thanks,

R

octo, file size doesn't matter at all. I guess maybe you're trying to attach the photos, don't do that. host them somewhere (ie: www.imageshack.us). I would suggest getting a flickr account.

I made a flickr account but everytime i go to post the URL and to upload, it says "Upload of file failed". Whats wrong?

how about reading the info in superofficial..