sidney go develop my film. I specifically remember taking a picture of your ass fades while we were skating with cheep.

they're sitting there. probably aging quite nicely. i'll have time after MLK DAY. rip mlk.

Thanks guys. I walked by that today and just started laughing. I had to take a picture. On a serious note though, I think the empty babycarriage outside a dive bar really epitomizes the ghetto I live in. That picture says more about this place than I can really put into words.

I go to school in Chicago, the picture of the orange glass, warped windows and metal tube is the main campus of Illinois Institute of Technology which is like the parent school of my school. The picture with the sparks is right across from where my school is downtown.

But no, I'm not going for photography. I'm in a design program and photography is a required course where we're learning not only about composition and color, but also about how to photograph people for design research and observing users.

seriously, dollar drafts!!!

I've seen as low as 25 cent drafts. But every bar in Pittsburgh has a dollar beer and usually they're pretty decent (Hoegaarden, Blue Moon, Yuengling Porter...).

Nice shot Thorns, I'd like to see it in B&W too.

Sigh... I'm just not that artistic.

I go to school in Chicago, the picture of the orange glass, warped windows and metal tube is the main campus of Illinois Institute of Technology which is like the parent school of my school. The picture with the sparks is right across from where my school is downtown.

But no, I'm not going for photography. I'm in a design program and photography is a required course where we're learning not only about composition and color, but also about how to photograph people for design research and observing users.

Columbia College?

Except bars on Walnut St, which is where my friends wanted to go out 80% of the time.

Walnut? Ugh. Shadyside is miserable for drinking. Thats such a shame. Did you get a chance to hit up Southside at all when you were in town?

twisted, you should definitely do more fractured portraits... make it into a series. I've always tried to do these as well and I've learned so much from each time I do it... someday I hope my shots come out with a good theme.

also...

2102149423_2b10a882a1.jpg

these locations are attractive to me too... here's my shot:

2087365473_bc6117ae66.jpg

Columbia College?

No, it's called the Institute of Design. It's a bit obscure because it's not a traditional industrial or graphic design school, but rather focused on the business behind design, as well as the research and planning that go into design. We use InDesign more for designing reports on research than on layouts. I just finished my first semester there. It's fun though, and it was founded by Laszlo Moholy-Nagy so we get to learn all this crazy history about the Bauhaus.

twisted, you should definitely do more fractured portraits... make it into a series. I've always tried to do these as well and I've learned so much from each time I do it... someday I hope my shots come out with a good theme.

also...

these locations are attractive to me too... here's my shot:

2087365473_bc6117ae66.jpg

Thanks, I really like this shot too.

Got little less then a month left here at the Palm Beach Post. It's been fun, im sad to be leaving, but im deffinetly looking forward to going back to school and being able to shoot whatever i want.

That said, here some selects from the past couple weeks.

Story on a stepping group...at night practice

71vu72x.jpg

Beach feature

7w6n9cz.jpg

Portrait of Childrens Choir Director

112807npcritch1kj6.jpg

Austin Starr, finalist for the Lou Gorza Award...at a High School kicking workshop

7y5l7c3.jpg

Three portaits of the all state half-backs from 1950

120407sptoldtimers3la7.jpg

6qbfu2o.jpg

6l1t8hg.jpg

Portrait of care-taker and the parents of young man who passed away from Muscular Dystrophy

72s89oh.jpg

Tennis instructor feature

6oy42s7.jpg

Barry Hill, former Dolphins player, now a high school principal

6k8bn6a.jpg