another question sorry. what is the best all round cheap film to buy bulk? fuji superia 400?

I agree with marsa, but if you want something a bit cheaper, superia 400 does the job. I like to shoot super 800 or 200 as well, the 800 is a bit grainy, but who doesnt love grain

thanks for the advice everyone. i think i may buy a range of cheap films. 160 400 and 800. i think im gonna go for superia as it seems cheap but please suggest more.

prof - i usually buy portra but the thing is im going to india for a few months and i want to shoot just film. i can't afford to buy like 100 rolls of portra.

shooting selectively might work for some, but to me it is wrong to limit yourself. if you feel like taking a photo then you should always do it no matter what. also - I think superia fits shooting in Asia better than portra, depending on what kind of photographs of course.

these are shot on superia in asia, last year:

indo8.jpg

bangla5.jpg

bangla10.jpg

toy5auce - havent really shot 'long' exposures, just down to 1/8.

candidate - I dont really remember, but I think they are all superia 200, as it was basically the only film I could find there. theyre shot on a Nikon F3 and a 28mm lens.

my girlfriends tight

Awesome! (10)

Does anyone have any experience with shooting with a Minolta SRT- SCII? I just received mine yesterday from a friend.

loadImage2.do?s=4x2jy4r56WNm.jpg

I shoot with a minolta srt 201. its just a manual slr with a light meter. nothing special. i assume thats what that is. try wikipedia for model numbers, and theres also a site: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta/minolta_srt_sc-ii/minolta_srt_sc-ii.htm

where you can find manuals for many cameras.

From a roll i developed. finally processed one correctly. it feels really nice when you know that you did all the work. just a good feeling. haha

3502590855_1f2b266057.jpg

3503400624_bd07b20618.jpg

3503400220_a367f1326d.jpg

Should probably crop this one down..

3502589039_faf3a24180.jpg

3503397390_56b26ac782.jpg

3502587067_89d8374f6b.jpg

3503396416_6387ff3cb2.jpg

thanks.

Rockon: was your b&w roll developed standardly and exposed normally?

^^ yep - exposed correctly, but bracketed a stop high and low for most of the shots just in case. developed as per the time on the inside of the film box. i think delta 100 is like, 11 seconds in the solution i use. i forget what its called. too much beer. hahhhhh

edittttt: i just finished a roll of Delta 400. i've only shot that like, once before. -people have good experiences with that film? i hear it has really even contrast and good tones and stuff. gonna develop it tomorrow.