ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

the front pocket stitch color looks fucked. those jeans suck...;) I'd send them back if I were you...

can't wait for the fit picture flood!

Ha - so yea, I talked with Gordon a bit, apparently half the jeans are stuck at customs (which is why he only has half of them) - I personally couldn't notice the stitching difference, but that's just me, I'm probably going to soak them tonight and get them hemmed soon, but I'll post post-soak and pre-hem pictures after that's done.

^lol. i got my email from Gordon too. it said- "tv, so sorry for the delay. Mr. Haga's bizarre request for pink stitching, frilly side things up the legs, polka dots, svarski crystals and jeans styled like crothless chaps have put production on yours behind. You have my sincerest aplogizes for the delay."

:( i have no comeback

Not your ass though... Who else from the FC contest is in this?

Wanted to be, but looking at the measurements for my size in the 811 (40), waist would have been plenty big, but rise would have been iffy and I'm 99% sure the thigh would have been way too small. Plus, I'm currently in the LVC contest, and have two pair of Warehouse and a pair of Canes that aren't getting enough attention. So, no new denim!

I've actually been pretty good with jean-buying, tho it took a lot of self control (and, based on the thread, a little bit of stupidity) not to get a pair of roy's before he stopped production. I still have the LVC contest going and a couple other pairs kicking around, but I'm looking forward to having a slightly heavier denim for the winter and .. over more than 2 years, all sorts of things can happen with these jeans

pre soak (BiG style of course):

tagged: 33

waist: 34

front: 12

back: 15.5

thigh: 12

knee: 9

leg: 8.75

inseam: 39

Obviously I may be a bit off, but it's consistent with the measurement chart. I'm soaking now

Guest Midnite8

Just got an email back from Gordon, i asked whether they will have a size 29 extra pair ready and he said they ordered about 10 pairs extra but won't be able to tell anyone which sizes will be available until all pre-orders shipped.

Had a great experience at Blue in Green today. Went in and had help to figure out the length I needed. While I was waiting for them to be hemmed I talked to Gordon about those new PBJs, found out that were actually supposed to be RHT and those will eventually be coming out too. Also talked about the Samurai Element models and he showed me all the details of the 3 pairs they have. Anyways on with the pictures.

100_3378.jpg

100_3379.jpg

I guess I gained a bit of wait or maybe it was from the few beers I had tonight but these were fitting pretty tight. Not too sure when I am going to soak them, it is a bittersweet having these jeans now. I am super excited to start wearing them but at the same time I would feel bad starting to wear them almost an entire month early. joelz took some great detail pictures I just wanted to show the infamous orange stitching and I was always curious to what the inside of the pocket bags looked like.

100_3382.jpg

100_3385.jpg

I can take more pictures tomorrow during the day, my point and shoot doesn't really work that well indoors. I guess I will wait for a few more people to get theirs before I start wearing these bad boys. I don't want everybody crying foul when I end up winning. :eek::P

^ was gonna say that's a great fit but then you mentioned that was pre-soak. might have a bit of a time sqeezin into them post. i'd prob go for a short soak time in warm water. but yeah they look great, nice and dark.

anyone gonna move the blue tag from the front to the back pocket? just wondering. . .

i almost pulled the trigger on the PBJs but they were just a little too expensive for my own good. didn't get them in the end but would love to someday.

getting pretty jealous of how you have already gotten your contest jeans. don't think i will be having mine anytime soon. bah, gonna kickass anyway. those fit great still and i don't see any noticeable infamous hipflare pre-soak yet. post pics post-soak soon!

anw aaron I think I'll be moving my tab to the back! will you too?

tv i thought about moving the tab but I actually don't have any jeans now that have tabs so I wasn't exactly sure where to place it. When I do soak these I was going to be careful and make sure not to actually soak the waistband. I want the patch to get some aging too before it hits the water.

I forgot to add one picture and to say that I am officially Contestant 47

bag.jpg