ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

Well, I bought a nice pair of howies selvedge just before I got these - none since thought....

Excuse the vaguely drunk post, too much gros plant du pays nantais means I havn't read through the previous pages of the thread since I last logged on in.....

Is there a date for when we will receive the jawns??

I've paid and just wonder when i'll get em....

Let me know guys or re-direct me to where I haven't looked!

Bon Nuit.

^sometime in Sept. my drunken friend

Some of you guys are talking like you've already lost! I am focusing on the eternals for 2 years...everything else goes on the back burner. no way around it if you're in it to win it.

I can already picture myself strolling into BIG with that fat gift cert and picking out whatever the fuck I want;)

Don't get me wrong, the journey will be the best part for sure. That, and making alex3000 cry like a bitch.

^sometime in Sept. my drunken friend

Some of you guys are talking like you've already lost! I am focusing on the eternals for 2 years...everything else goes on the back burner. no way around it if you're in it to win it.

I can already picture myself strolling into BIG with that fat gift cert and picking out whatever the fuck I want;)

Don't get me wrong, the journey will be the best part for sure. That, and making alex3000 cry like a bitch.

THIS GUY

hope you enjoy your 100 dollar gift card.

haha, it's pretty funny – 2012 is when i start doing clerkships, and there is no chance i can possibly wear denim in a clinical setting, so this is kind of the last hurrah for me as a denim geek.

Ah, it'll be awesome, and no matter what, I'll try and fly into NYC to say hi to the BiG guys when I get a chance. Eagerly awaiting a new pair of denimz...~

whoever gets these and rocks nothing but these will be in an elite group even amongst the participants since most people will lose interest within the first 12-14 months, either because they cant resist getting whatever ''new and exciting'' jean is released, or because they just can't put up with the constant repair all cotton jeans require after over a year of consistent hard wear. so if you just stick to your guns only about 10 or so cats will really be in the running...maybe even less

whoever gets these and rocks nothing but these will be in an elite group even amongst the participants since most people will lose interest within the first 12-14 months, either because they cant resist getting whatever ''new and exciting'' jean is released, or because they just can't put up with the constant repair all cotton jeans require after over a year of consistent hard wear. so if you just stick to your guns only about 10 or so cats will really be in the running...maybe even less

Very true. Is this contest indeed running from 101010-121212 or is it running for 811 days now? It is only a difference of 16 days...

an honest 9.5..the remaining 0.5 is for finishing the blackyear

So once black year is finished, you will be 10? ;-)

If these turn out to fit really good I think I might resist buying another pair of jeans for quite a while. I'm finding it harder and harder to identify with buying new things just for fun and not using them enough. It's like when a friend of mine bought a pinball machine and after one week said: "I'm already thinking about what machine to buy next...."

Although I'm not participating (as of yet...possibly?!?) a few days of wear realistically over two years won't make much of a difference IMO....Not saying you should wear them though, just saying that it wouldn't really hurt to soak them ahead of time...

That would be sweet if we could soak and reinforce before that actual start date. Seems like a bit of a tease to soak on first day, wait to dry and take to tailor to get reinforced (and probably pay a rush fee so you can get them asap). What's the deal competition organizers? We posting a newspaper on the day 101010 and until then, no wear/soak?