ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

LeicaLad - ur post was confusing..the denim and jeans are posted in the first post = no streaky denim

Okay. Now I'm confused. I posted images of an earlier Eternal denim. We're told Eternal doesn't like to change much, and how it took major efforts to get the small details for the contest. I thought it interesting to contrast the rather amazing Eternal denim used in their 10th Anniversary jeans. It's just a comparison of Eternal to Eternal. I thought it an interesting contribution. Call it food for thought, or whatever.

Okay, so I understand it isn't the same denim as we'll see in the contest jean, BUT is this reason to delete the post?

Why is this?

You will be washing or for that matter soaking them..they come raw. Not one wash. Not by BIG, not by Eternal.

I know i know....I just asked for the washing temperature and stuff so my pair (If I'm in!) will end up like the ones on BiG's site at their after-wash-measurement-chart...hope you got me now? :)

really? i checked the measurements of my sam usa model vs eternal and the are basicly the same size, only that the sams are half a inch fuller from the knee down...

this was to beatle about eternal being slimmer then samsurai 710..

Leica - I thought you asked if the Eternal 10th denim was used for this contest. It is not. And I don't see how this even relates to this contest. If you want to compare - why not use the regular Eternal thread.

Okay. Now I'm confused. I posted images of an earlier Eternal denim. We're told Eternal doesn't like to change much, and how it took major efforts to get the small details for the contest. I thought it interesting to contrast the rather amazing Eternal denim used in their 10th Anniversary jeans. It's just a comparison of Eternal to Eternal. I thought it an interesting contribution. Call it food for thought, or whatever.

Okay, so I understand it isn't the same denim as we'll see in the contest jean, BUT is this reason to delete the post?

Why is this?

im guessing it was deleted to not confuse people that are scrolling down and seeing a streaky pair of jeans.

I know i know....I just asked for the washing temperature and stuff so my pair (If I'm in!) will end up like the ones on BiG's site at their after-wash-measurement-chart...hope you got me now? :)

just use whatever the hottest water that comes out of the tap/washing machine setting is and go from there. treat them like any other pair of raw denim that you have

last thing which i'm asking me is, if these will stretch a lot (waist-wise!)?

if i would size down 1 i have to stretch these from a 32 (post-wash) to a w34 again...painfull?...

from my experience, they dont stretch much. been wearing mine since january and theyre still pretty snug. i went tts and was able to button all the buttons, but it was not totally comfortable. nowadays theyre snug but comfortable!

im guessing it was deleted to not confuse people that are scrolling down and seeing a streaky pair of jeans.

I see. So when did Big Brother decide that people here have to be so protected that an alternate denim from the same house is offensive -- or beyond their ability to understand? The images clearly showed the tags.

Censorship sucks.

Especially petty, anal-retentive, controlling censorship.

i wouldn't really consider it censorship...it was just causing additional confusion in a thread that is already littered with different questions.

this thread is dedicated to the Eternal 811 contest..

there is another thread dedicated to the brand Eternal itself and that would be the appropriate place to post different styles/cuts/denim from the Eternal brand.

I see. So when did Big Brother decide that people here have to be so protected that an alternate denim from the same house is offensive -- or beyond their ability to understand? The images clearly showed the tags.

Censorship sucks.

Especially petty, anal-retentive, controlling censorship.

No offence, but this is the Eternal Contest thread. What you posted had nothing to do with the contest. Pretty simple really.

from my experience, they dont stretch much. been wearing mine since january and theyre still pretty snug. i went tts and was able to button all the buttons, but it was not totally comfortable. nowadays theyre snug but comfortable!

thx mate...so tts is the way to go i see ;)

i wouldn't really consider it censorship...it was just causing additional confusion in a thread that is already littered with different questions.

this thread is dedicated to the Eternal 811 contest..

there is another thread dedicated to the brand Eternal itself and that would be the appropriate place to post different styles/cuts/denim from the Eternal brand.

A littered thread, indeed. I've been on this board nearly 4 years, and I've never been censored before. Nor have I ever felt like this was a board ruled by such a stupid mindset. My post was up for, what?, an hour? What confusion? I didn't see any "confusion". What self-righteous and self-serving bullsh*t!

And I Did ask just how different the denim would be. The photos posted don't show much.

This is petty censorship, and I've lived under real dictatorships (Burma & Laos), not to mention more authoritarian regimes (Thailand under Thaksin, Vietnam, etc.) When I run up against their crap rules, I expect it. Here? What crap.

If you (or who ever serves as Torquemada here) really felt it was so confusing, you should have ASKED me to remove the images. THAT would have been reasonable. My question was no more off than 99% of the other "litter" here.

Censorship, because you think it might be confusing to the high school kids here, is unacceptable.

Period.

Mate, just calm down. The contest jean is out and they are finalised, no point throwing a spanner in the works, it will just confuse someone eventually. You should have posted this when Beat and Gordon was in talks with Eternal in the first place. A little late... Just post it in the Eternal thread?!

For those unsure of sizing, just order a pair from the current stock of regular raw 811's at BIG, return them, and apply the store credit to the contest pair.

You'll lose a couple bucks on shipping, but it's worth it to be sure.

beatle,

since you are familar with the pbj - eternal sizing.

i have to hop on the sizing question, too.

as i read in the old posts: sz of xx-005 should work for the eternals (xx-013 too?) but xx-007 one bigger, is that correct?

thanks in advance

based on BiG's measurements, the 32 will be 31 post shrinkage; it doesn't look like eternal's denim stretches 3 inches based on the advice here.

Do you have very thin legs?

I'm still hovering between 32 and 33 sizing myself. I need a thigh that's about 12.25 but thigh measurements are pretty off sometimes.

last thing which i'm asking me is, if these will stretch a lot (waist-wise!)?

if i would size down 1 i have to stretch these from a 32 (post-wash) to a w34 again...painfull?...

beatle,

since you are familar with the pbj - eternal sizing.

i have to hop on the sizing question, too.

as i read in the old posts: sz of xx-005 should work for the eternals (xx-013 too?) but xx-007 one bigger, is that correct?

thanks in advance

I can tell you from direct experience that the XX-013s run about 2 sizes bigger than Eternals do. You can see it in the BiG fit charts, for example, raw, the XX-013 size 34 has a 37" waist, while the Eternal 811 size 34 has a 35" waist.

I really don't know if that helps - but for example

I'm wearing Sam0500XX in 30, IH in 31 and FH3001 in 31 and will be getting these in 32.

Leica - it's enough now. Your post wasn't that valuable to begin with - if deleting it had anything to do with censorship I would surly have deleted your child like complaints over that.