Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Hi everyone. New to the forum so please if there is already information on the topic my apologies but I cannot find anything on Studio's 14oz denim shirt. Anyone have any experience with it, its fade potential, or any fit pics? Thanks.

I'm a W32 in Samurai - for SDA I take W32 or W33 on most denims and W31 on the natural indigo denim - for the standard denim I would take W33.

For the bigger sizes sizing up 2 might make sense...

I'd say TTS for a slimmer, more fitted silhouette or +1 for a more relaxed fit without having to battle the denim for any stretch required. I wear a 32 in pretty much everything, including these (101s) but whereas something like Warehouse will stretch quickly, SDA 15oz won't. I think you'd be safe going TTS.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, when I say TTS, I mean the normal size jeans you wear!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Bought a SD-107 and they might be a little too skinny jeans for my taste. Not sure if I should exchange for a SD-103? There are shockingly few fit pics here so I can't tell what a SD-103 really looks like. My favorite cut of jeans so far is the 3sixteen+ 21bsp. As you can see from the pics below, the SD-107 is just a few half-inches away from that (don't know how to upload pics so I put URLs, sorry).

SD-107

http://imgur.com/uVuCLAp,oPpn7R5#0

3sixteen+ 21bsp

http://imgur.com/uVuCLAp,oPpn7R5#1

@ Brandl - I am wondering if you were able to locate those pics of your SD denim shirt. Also, I am wondering whether there was any shrinkage after a wash/soak. I know it comes one washed but in my case that means some shrinkage still if even minimal.

I only ask because I like a tapered silhouette and that is a dangerous game to play on the internet for someone with broad shoulders and narrow waist.

Thanks. 

@ Brandl - I am wondering if you were able to locate those pics of your SD denim shirt. Also, I am wondering whether there was any shrinkage after a wash/soak. I know it comes one washed but in my case that means some shrinkage still if even minimal.

I only ask because I like a tapered silhouette and that is a dangerous game to play on the internet for someone with broad shoulders and narrow waist.

Thanks.

Dont have access to the laptop right now. But mine won't do you any good as the new veersion has an updated fit that's slimmer and longer, and mine is short and boxy. But on the weekend I'll try and snap some photos to show how it ages.

Brandl - thanks much for posting the pics. The denim looks great and is showing some great character. I agree about the weight being a limiting factor for wear since it is in denim jacket territory, but I am really intrigued by the idea of a piece that can be used as a light jacket with the aesthetic of a shirt. Great for layering.

Even though it is sanforized, did you get any shrinkage post wash?

got called out in the how do jeans fit thread for bumping it up without pics so i took new pics tonight. figured i would share them here too

all fits can be found here

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/7076-how-do-jeans-fit-description-and-pictures/page-127#entry3145858

103 old arc and tab size 30 TTS

sda_zps941867cc.jpg

Edited by chantheman

^ what he said!

Just be careful with any of the special models done by DoubleVolante - I had to size up 1, others did size up 2...

True that!

I'm w33 tts & got the 34s. Everywhere else was good, 'cept the waist. 'Had to give them up cuz If they were tight @waist raw, then I got a prob.

Good thing I found a W36__ they are a bit loose @tm. Fit is more like my 101s than a 103, but they'd be just fine after a few washes, down the line ... 'tho they'd never come to as slim as a normal 103 cuz of the size up, imo.

Edited by BrownMetallic