what are you reading today?

almondcrush

014007702201lzzzzzzz.jpg

I'm about 2/3 of the way through. I like it so far, but I feel like I must not be getting something. Sometimes just spliced randomly (at least it feels random to me) there will be a sentence like: Visa, American Express, Mastercard. Just like that.

If anyone else has read this shoot me a PM...

51CZF14E4EL.jpg

I'm about 2/3 of the way through this. I'm finishing it out of spite. I want to stab the author, 1) for winning awards for this crap "memoir" and 2) for making shit up in this book. I'll finish this tirad when I finish the book, give me a few more days. I've never hated a book as much as I hate this one.

n57534.jpg

When you are finished read "Something Happened" by Joseph Heller.

Because it is a better book.

But it is only a better book if you read Catch-22 first.

sedaris_whenyouareengul_540.jpg

Tell me how this is. I like David Sedaris, but I don't know if I want to hear more about his daily foibles at hardcover price.

Im reading Atlas Shrugged and the Bible. I figure, that, if they are the two most influencial books in human history, I should just read them both at the same time and see where it takes me.

I'm 80% though Atlas, and still in the Old Testament. I don't know who is more wordy, Moses or Ayn.

Be careful, you might not want to pick up a book for a few months after you finish both.

I made the mistake of trying to read Atlas Shrugged/The Fountainhead back to back. I never finished The Fountainhead and I don't think I ever will.

Ayn Rand needs to spend less time describing things. It drives me crazy now.

Be careful, you might not want to pick up a book for a few months after you finish both.

I made the mistake of trying to read Atlas Shrugged/The Fountainhead back to back. I never finished The Fountainhead and I don't think I ever will.

Ayn Rand needs to spend less time describing things. It drives me crazy now.

Her level of exposition is disgusting. I would hate to have a real conversation with her. I finished it, but Im still thinking about it so I wont comment. I'm going to give The Fountainhead a read next, and something else...not sure what. I'll probably pick something from Hali's list.

cosmic trigger 2 by robert anton wilson,its pretty good.on a lighter note,i want to buy a load of free and easy magazines but want to now how much they are in japan before i spend a fortune on them.does anyone know this,and could anyone proxy them for me if they can get them for a reasonable price.cheers!

just finished the second/ started the third book in Conn Iggulden's Emperor series. 4 book series following the life of Julius Caesar. I read the first book about a year ago and just blew through the second one in about a week. Need to find the last book to the series before I finish this one so I can just read right through.

Extremely impressed with them so far. Iggulden keeps as many facts intact as he can while still giving an inside perspective of Julius' life and that of a citizen of ancient Rome.