[PICS] TAKE5 Best Denim Store in Hong Kong - Sugarcane, Samurai, Evisu, etc.

Landy

Usually no haggling - you're lucky if you happen to be there around CNY when they have sales.

VIP Membership last 1 year and gets extended automatically if you spend over a certain amount during the course of the year.

Prices with VIP discount should be best outside of Japan - considering transport and taxes that might be added in a lot of cases.

Thanks for the info.

I brought up haggling because someone else in the thread did.

The guy I talked to at Take5 said I could be a member even with online orders, so I may do that.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is it?

Looks like he didn't answer. According to Take 5 (http://take5tw.pixnet.net/blog/post/427271609) this model, the T5-007, is a 15 oz denim (single Ningbu?) with a brown weft, in a slim tapered cut. Something about using transverse concavity to create the ultra-slubby looking reverse side of the denim. I handled them in the Taipei store a week or so ago and they do feel quite nice.

It looks like Benny Seki is also working on some new jeans for Take 5's 15th anniversary, with Double Volante; according to the post, the rivets are made of silver:

sp-094102800s1434072862.jpg

sp-065372000s1434073019.jpg

http://doublevolante.ti-da.net/e7662380.html

Edited by Iron Horse

Good spot Iron Horse. I kind of fear for how Take 5's Double Volante collab will turn out... Benny's design decisions for their in-house and collab pieces leave a lot to be desired most of the time. Too many bells and whistles like those T5 arcs, double red tabs etc.

Still, the 15th anniversary celebrations should be fun. Big party on the 19th September in HK.

• 4 weeks later...