Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Posted (edited) · Hidden by bunga, February 20, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by bunga, February 20, 2012 - No reason given

Size 4s should be 34". Sounds like you got the wrong size.

i did received the wrong size. rob from okiya is out of the woad dye 130s and can only exchange them for a pair of weld dyed 130s. :(

But to add to the confusion:-

Hickoree's website listed a pair of size 2 woad dyed 130 as having a 32" waist while Superdenim listed a pair of size 3 as having a 32" waist

So which measurement is correct?? Perhaps William can help in this as I would really like to get a pair of the woad dyed 130.

Edited by bunga

I bought a pair of Tender terracotta trousers today in the Few and Far closing down sale. They only cost £33.00! Felt both ecstatic and sad. It's tragic to see such a lovely shop go. There are still some great things there at crazy prices. i already have four Tender items, (a belt, some logwood jeans and a woad shirt) loving them all.

Size 4s should be 34". Sounds like you got the wrong size.

Okiya did sent me the wrong size. Unfortunately they have no more stock of the woad dyed 130 and only have the weld dyed 130, which if i'm correct actually retails for less.

looks like i'm gonna have no choice but to exchange them for a pair of the weld dyed 130 or try to sell the woad dyed 130.

interest check:

ordered a pair of size 3 (w32) Tender woad dyed 130 but received a pair in size 4 (w34) instead so need to sell these off in order to get a pair in my size.

brand new unworn with tags and personal letter from William himself. looking to sell what i paid for: US400.00 shipped worldwide with tracking.

Edit: Would also be interested to trade for a pair of of size 3 woad dyed Tender.

if you would like pics, please pm me.

thanks!

Edited by bunga

very excitingly, got some real grown-up press in yesterday's observer (one of main national sunday papers) in an excellent fashion supplement they did with tank. daniel jenkins had a big interview piece in there about british menswear, and his shop, and kindly picked out tender as one of his six designers to watch :)

6911016219_9b170cce8a_m.jpg

6911010859_f30cbe2e73_b.jpg

6911114315_019b846b7c_z.jpg

Edited by rodeo bill

very excitingly, got some real grown-up press in yesterday's observer (one of main national sunday papers) in an excellent fashion supplement they did with tank. daniel jenkins had a big interview piece in there about british menswear, and his shop, and kindly picked out tender as one of his six designers to watch :)

6911016219_9b170cce8a_mo.jpg

6911010859_f30cbe2e73_b.jpg

6911114315_019b846b7c_z.jpg

Best wishes and everything Bill. Please don't become the next big thing tho.

You belong to us remember, there's no way out .

Edited by Thor

I noticed that for holding up the trousers uses Tender jeans in their photos of their suspender ceramic buttons… nice of them :)

eventually the USPS delivered to Oz my bleached calico pullover shirt from the Hickoree's first sale… was umm'ing and ahhh'ing for ages over it and when I decided to order they had a sale so I got it for 50% off which was such a nice bonus for a cash strapped ol'fart who has fallen in love with Tender gear!!

what a great shirt it is… the calico is fantastic… SOOOO much better than the Chinese or even Indian stuff which is all we can get here in Oz… such a pity as I would love to get some decent calico an make my own shirts up from the patterns I have been collecting for a while… the chinese calico especially is so light and loose compared to the very tight weave of the Tender calico…

all the best with your Tender baby William… you deserve it!!

Edited by TrevorML

I love Tender Co. the bark tanned leather is amazing, and the natural dyes are really impressive, here's some pics of my belt and pouch:

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

When I first handled the belt I was instantly impressed by the quality of the leather and I thought, "the second tender comes out with a wallet I will buy it" and this season my dream came true and my tender wallet should arrive next week. If anyone is on the fence about buying a belt in particular from Tender, do it. You will never find a better belt. Ever.

I also really want the logwood purple Guards jacket, but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it :-/

We'll see, my addiction tends to pull through in the end anyway.

Edited by Festival

^thanks :), I'm really glad people are enjoying what I've put up so far.

Here are a few images of the latest belt buckle, which is starting to appear in stores. The 'loops' buckle belt may be a bit more unassuming than the 'hook' buckle, but I'm really pleased with it, and it;s the belt I'm wearing myself at the moment.

6788841188_af66358eec_z.jpg

I wanted to do a take on a D ring belt, which to my mind have never been quite right. The two types I've seen either have 2 rings held in the same place, in which case the belt holds firm but it gets very fat at the point where the rings are sewn in, of the rings are spaced, which keeps the belt flatter but often means it will loosen quite quickly when it's worn.

The 'loops' buckle belt then has different sized rings. The front one is shorter, and is held tight in the end fold of the belt (this means that the stress of the belt is on folded leather, not on stitches, which is a good thing). The back loop is longer, and has a bigger gap to sit in, allowing it to slip backwards and forwards until it finds its place, meaning that the belt will tighten naturally.

6934969085_a854e0b3b0_z.jpg

Because they're sewn in at different places though, the belt stays reasonably flat when worn:

6934970399_90e03af80f_z.jpg

Because this type of belt has to double back on itself through the buckle, heavy weight oak bark tanned leather wouldn't be flexible enough, so this belt is cut from lighter, more supple, wattle tanned leather, the same as is used for the wallet and boots.

When I was making up a first prototype of this belt (the one pictured here, in fact) I realised that if I put the suede on the outside, the end of the belt doubling back would mean suede rubbing on suede, which helps the belt grip, rather than leather-on-leather, which is relatively slippy. I like how with a bit of age the contrast deepens between the two sides as well.

6934967677_79a671c58b_z.jpg

6934966133_5f279b5345_z.jpg

6934961705_18efb68f9e_z.jpg

6788850486_767d9b467e_z.jpg

6934957233_784951d948_z.jpg

6934958797_62d1950bc5_z.jpg

^funny you should ask ;) The trestle shop's a new project which i'm working on with my lovely fiancee deborah:

6795153008_fa843242f2_z.jpg

(she's sitting next to me working on it now, just took this photo!)

the idea is the products on the trestle shop will sit slightly outside the main line, so it'll be little experimental pieces and one-offs. we're taking the time to get it right, in parallel to doing the seasonal productions and specials for individual shops, so there's no rush with it all, but we're hoping to launch around the end of the spring. watch this space!

I can't believe I was going to sell on my blanket lined coat.

It is the only piece of clothing that has ever inspired me to lose weight.

Like Greg has already said, its almost Victorian in its aesthetic, so well made its ridiculous.

Fit pics in a few pounds

^I'd go for a size 2 if you normally wear 30" jeans, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by 2nd hole from the centre. The belt has 5 holes, so second hole from the centre would be the end hole? Size 2 done up to the middle hole measure about 31" inside, which wears right for most 30" jeans, and of course you have 2" play either direction across the 5 holes. If you prefer your belt done up to the tightest (end) hole, then you could go for a size 3, but there'll be no margin to tighten it further. hope this helps!

Thanks Bill. No, I meant centre as opposed to periphery. Sorry it was not clearer. That is the second inside hole. I like belts to have a bit of latitude — much more flattering to the wearer! Also my query arose partly because some online sites recommend that your belt size should be two sizes above your waist size. So a size 30" waist should be a 32"/ size 3 belt.

Edited by The Flâneur

it's been chilly again in the uk this last few days, so I've found myself wearing my mittens again. natural black english lambskin, with english cast brass strap loops. the skin's softened a lot since I first got them, and the wool's squashed down inside to feel just right. The longer wool at the wrist section and the strap still keeps all the wind out though, so they're lovely and warm :)

6959472471_f1d970c39f_z.jpg

6813362360_9fe8c5394c_z.jpg

6959475803_61675d68d8_z.jpg

Edited by rodeo bill