Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Really really love the post-soak fit, but I'm unsure whether I should hem 2''. What do you guys think?

Fuck the hem, just cuff that shit..

well at least just try em out with a big cuff, if you dont like it then yea, go for the hem

@ asimplefarmer: Dope Roys! I´d love to cop a pair but my size just went out of stock when I was about to buy them...so I gotta wait!

But killing outfit together with the Roys!

Day 1 of wearing my Roys.

Love the cut - it's flattering, but they're comfortable to move around and be active in.

The denim is amazing, probably my favorite that I've felt. Dark (after a 30-minute warm soak in a front-loading machine), with a lot of character to it. Keeps its form without being uncomfortably stiff post-air dry.

Front pockets that can actually hold a pack of cigarettes when necessary, hooray.

Rear pocket shape is great, kind of wish Roy had done an arc, though.

Havent posted up in here for awhile, however still wearing my first gen Roys faithfully! glad to see alot of steady sales and new faces! I wanted to catch up on things so i actually jusr re-read the whole thread. brought back some funny memories and laughs. i still think this is the best thread in SuperDenim! i think my first post was on page 20 or so.....

Sat 12/11 will be 6 months for my pair and ill try to post up some evo pics, although there is not alot of truely visible wear, as ive been babing them! However they will get my full attention from now on as my RRL's hit a year and are too light for work! MY Roys had one initial soak on 6/11/10 and a quick dip to clean em on 9/11/10. may do pre and post wash pics.

These jeans truely are a work of art and a testament to his craftsmenship, and be sure much more will be coming from the man and his machines! if anyone ever needs fit, shrink, soak, or any other advice please feel free to PM me. i used to get +reps saying i should work for Roy.

Pro tip: where them at your true waist. mine where getting akwardly slouchy and droupy. it really detered me from wearing them on a daily basis. Turns out my old Tanner belt stretched so much that it wasnt holding em up and they where riding low, so i got a new belt. Roys are nice and snug at my waist. and fit perfect again.

06/11/10

2lsfrmg.jpg

"Grace Period" Roys little joke on how im always buying, trying, and selling jawns, and to stick with this pair!

ya'lls patches look nicer than mine :mad::(

No single ROY patch looks nicer than the next, just different. All beautiful in their own right.

Pictures

Roy RN-1 purchased at SENY over Thanksgiving.

This is how a college student soaks his jeans: Filled up bottle, boiled water, jeans and a trash can.

pxJxnl.jpg

They're hanging up to dry, detail pic

O7V3cl.jpg

Leather patch

4fTgYl.jpg

fit pic

lHy6yl.jpg

fHlGJl.jpg

And... I found this awesome sticker in my bag.

GP6RKl.jpg

Enjoy dudes. Also, I think I need to hem. Will probably do that when I go back to the Bay Area for Christmas.

The all look great guys.

But I have to say the "me wanting a pair" bug has slowly died. I was all geared up to buy a pair back when he had the SF offer going, but as the time went by, the price doubled, and no email returns... I think I'll put my money towards a pair of vintage Lee's.

Which Roy Slaper are you emailing? Cause the one I am familiar with returns emails.

what ever address that was on his website. It's only been since mid October.

Don't get me wrong... I think he makes fantastic jeans. Truly a work of art.

It's similar to really being into a girl who doesn't give the time of day... eventually you start to notice other girls, and forget about how much you were really into the first one.

hahaha that sticker is awesome. thx for sharing those pics. what are your thoughts on the jeans, construction, fit, etc?

I don't know if I can give a good review of these jeans because the only other jeans I have worn are Levi's STFs, which aren't that great of a quality.

Construction is really nice. It's solid everywhere and it doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart anytime soon.

Fit is nice too. I went TTS on the slims. I probably should've sized up 1 to give my balls some breathing room, but now they're stretched out and really comfortable, so it's no problem. Oh well, I guess i'm wearing the "sufu fit" and I'm fine with it..

what ever address that was on his website. It's only been since mid October.

Don't get me wrong... I think he makes fantastic jeans. Truly a work of art.

It's similar to really being into a girl who doesn't give the time of day... eventually you start to notice other girls, and forget about how much you were really into the first one.

[email protected]-- I am not trying to beat you over the head, but your notion that he doesn't answer emails simply couldn't be farther from the truth.

Ergh, Sufu or my computer is glitchin' on me. I posted this, but then it showed up double-posted, I deleted one post and both disappeared. Wack.

Hate to be contrarian here, but if Happy says he's emailed him and he hasn't received a response, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think it's fair to say I've always received a response, though not always timely. There could be a myriad of reasons why a response was never received: spam filters, SE launch, general laziness, or overwhelmed with a pile of emails that he meant to get to but never got around to doing. I've a sneaking suspicion one got by him. Roy is such a great guy; I have to give him the benefit of the doubt, too.

I like the fit, I think I'm gunna have to pick up a pair myself..

I like the price!

The post that started it all... haha a tour and a contest!

does anyone happen to still have any scraps that Roy sent from the original orders? for some reason i cant find mine, and i need some reinforcement! ill pay shipping and rep!