Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remus stick with it love the fit on you thats how a s5000 should fit try cold soaking them first.. than hot soak them when they stretch out they will stretch those are the zero denim those stretch a lot well not like apc's but they stretch a bit stick with it man

They hug my johnson. haha

I just feel uncomfortable in them. BiG doesn't have 33" waist, so I'm left with keeping 32" or returning the 32" for 34" sammies...damnit.

The fit is pretty good, aside from the super-snugness around my crotch.

They will shrink to 30" at the waist when I wash them...then they won't even fit! How will they stretch out if I can't get them to fit around the waist? This is why I want the 34"...but not experienced with Samurai denim.

Mepp, unless your tailor has vintage chainstitching machines and the correct colour 100% cotton threads for rebuilding the jeans in question, the construction of your altered pair will never be the same (as good as) the original samurais.

The inseams are double chain stitched with 2 different colours. I'm not sure any tailor would boother to replicate this unless it was their passion. Lets not even start on the selvedge, god forbid that your tailor butchered that.

So in the end, you have drastically altered your samurais. So, what Edmond is saying is: why buy samurais (expensive jeans) and chop them up, when you could buy denim and have your tailor construct them from scratch - saving your self money.

My selvedge is still there, not to worry. Yes my tailor has a vintage chainstitching machine, but I'm not even sure if he used it on my jeans. The colour of the thread is as correct as my eyes can tell. But my eyes are not as accurate as a microscope right ? And I'm not even sure if the thread is cotton, polyester or both. What you said is true, the construction will never be the same as the original. But isn't that pretty obvious since I sent them for alteration ?

If I let you examine my jeans, you probably wouldn't even be able to tell it was altered. Of course I'll never know for sure. You see, what I'm trying to say is all these things may matter to you, but not to me. I don't get mentally disturbed by the fact that my jeans don't use 100% cotton thread, or were not stitched using a vintage machine, or simply because they are not "untouched" anymore. I just want a pair of good looking jeans. I reckon that's what everyone wants.

Anyway I think I've spoken enough about this. We should use our posts more constructively lol.

I appreciate what you're trying to say though. Now if I can buy a roll of Oni denim for myself.

I'm working a sam fit-guide right now:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=645511&postcount=30

They do stretch a lot...which is why you need to size down 1 (you could always get your true size if that scares you...whatevs). When you get them, they'll already be too tight...then once you hot wash them (make sure you do), they'll be even tighter, but will stretch out fairly quickly.

I don't understand the Zero denim question? Either way, its slubby-ish 17oz. denim, where the denim in the 0500 is 15oz. and even slubbier.

I wear a 35 in apc's (might be able to squeeze a 34), and i just ordered a 36 in s0500's. will i be set?

I wear a 35 in apc's (might be able to squeeze a 34), and i just ordered a 36 in s0500's. will i be set?

That's kind of where I'm at. I'm sending back my 32" sammies for 34" and I wear 33APC. The sams will shrink more than the APCs so if I end up with 32.5" or 33" sammies after hot washes, I'll be set. Similar situation for you and I.

Is this what motivates your buying sprees ? Paying for a cut and fit that is unique but doesn't fit well ? How does altering it throw half the money into the trash, if it only makes it look better ?

Fair enough if you say it disturbs you mentally. I can try to understand.

You say that what you pay for is the cut and fit of an actual model, but haven't you found any flaws in even your favourite pair ? Then you'll realise that if you correct these flaws, you'll have the perfect fitting pair. And then you'll realise that if you correct all the flaws in all your jeans, you're going to get a similar end result for every pair. Minus the ones you want to fit skinny and the ones you want to fit baggy, which shouldn't be too many.

mepp, i dont get the point youre trying to belabor. you want everyone to go buy jeans, and take them to the tailor right away? people DO PAY for the cuts in jeans. why? because originally made they were constructed better than if they were taken to a tailor and tapered, or something of the like. i had a pair of edwin sens tapered because i didnt like the fit. the end result was horrible, i had a huge hipflare, my selvage was gone and the reconstruciton was not as good. yeah, maybe you have your own perosnal tailor that will cater to all your wants, but most times large alterations are not as good as the original cut.

i've found the pair i like most, my kmws. however did that stop me from buying my samurais which fit differently? there are differences in the denim, and the quality. so what youre saying is that i hsould take all of my jeans and have them fit exactly as the kmws?

I know poor Mepp pushed a lot of buttons with his comments, but can we keep the Samurai thread related to Samurai (and yes, I realize the irony after I, myself, responded to his comments)?

Maybe a new thread could be created (if there isn't one that already exists)?

:D

edit - maybe this one:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=19810

I'm working a sam fit-guide right now:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=645511&postcount=30

They do stretch a lot...which is why you need to size down 1 (you could always get your true size if that scares you...whatevs). When you get them, they'll already be too tight...then once you hot wash them (make sure you do), they'll be even tighter, but will stretch out fairly quickly.

I don't understand the Zero denim question? Either way, its slubby-ish 17oz. denim, where the denim in the 0500 is 15oz. and even slubbier.

Thanks again, I'll probably be getting some 30" Sams within the next month or so.

And once again, I find myself toen between 510's and 5000's when I thought I wanted 5000's.

Damn you empty bank account.

Is there anywhere that still has the S0500s in stock and ships to the US? It looks like BiG is all cleared out atm :(

Hey man, I stopped by BiG (had to get my sammies chainstitched anyhow) and they didn't have any 500s. Sucks but hopefully you find some soon.

I got my sammies in the size I needed (34"/36") chainstitched...about 1" off.

xstitch1.jpg

xstitch2.jpg

2 quick questions. Both fit/sizing questions.

For the S0500 and S710...

Size up, down, true to size?

i own 710 and ive tried on 0500s

id say for the best ratio of comfort to fittedness, 1 down from your actual measured waist for both