Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a dumb question but I am kind of confused. I bought a pair fo S0500XX from BiG last week with no intention of pocket stitching but upon looking through the forums I see that alot of peoples pairs of the same DO have pocket stitching. I just returned the S0500XX for a pair of S5000VXs can I be assured that they will have the stitching? I really like it

Thanks

This may be a dumb question but I am kind of confused. I bought a pair fo S0500XX from BiG last week with no intention of pocket stitching but upon looking through the forums I see that alot of peoples pairs of the same DO have pocket stitching. I just returned the S0500XX for a pair of S5000VXs can I be assured that they will have the stitching? I really like it

Thanks

You mean the backpocket stitching? If so...then no, they won't have the stitching. See various threads on Levi's lawsuits.

Thanks

The jeans with stiching and tabs were likely purchased overseas from either HK or Japan directly, or alternatively before the arc/tab ban was enforced by the levi's lawsuit. I believe all jeans in question sold through a US retailer must now have arcs and tabs removed.

Thanks, brother. They fit good now! I'm just concerned with washing them again and having the length shrink some more, after they've already shrunk 3.5" on the length after one wash!!! Yes, 3.5"!!!

Will I get some of the length back due to stretching? Hope I get a bit...They're right at 34"L right now and I'd like for them to be around 35". No big deal, though, because they fit pretty good around my sneakers just the way they are. I just wonder how they'll look with a wider pair of shoes - like dunks.

Thanks, brother. They fit good now! I'm just concerned with washing them again and having the length shrink some more, after they've already shrunk 3.5" on the length after one wash!!! Yes, 3.5"!!!

Will I get some of the length back due to stretching? Hope I get a bit...They're right at 34"L right now and I'd like for them to be around 35". No big deal, though, because they fit pretty good around my sneakers just the way they are. I just wonder how they'll look with a wider pair of shoes - like dunks.

I forget...you didn't hem them did you?

they'll be fine, mine seem to be just the right opening to work with small and big shoes. i don't have anymore dunks but they fit with a couple pairs of nikes i ride in (i think you should rock the shit outta the purcells though).

the length: next time you wash em, stretch the leg while they're wet. mine shrunk a bunch too and that's what i had to do, keeps em longer so i can have a little cuff.

Just got these in yesterday from BiG. One hour hot soak (with me in them), washed and dried and they are awesome. Many thanks to Gordon for helping me get the perfect fit on these.

1360836756_75148a6ae1_o.jpg

same picture I posted in the waywt threads

Hey guys, just got my first pair of sams a couple of days ago (S5000VX) and they have, by far, the nicest denim out of any pair of jeans I own. A quick question on sizing though. I decided to go with a size 30, since I have some RRDS that fit like a glove and are of the same size, but god damn are these sams tight. So tight that I can't even get the last two buttons up, unless I sling them up around my waist (I usually slouch my jeans around my hips) button them, and squish them down. My hips were bruised after I tried em on the first time. I got them one washed through BiG's service, so they have had the shrinking taken care of.

I know they are supposed to be tight when first worn and will stretch out eventually, as has been the experience with my other dry denim, but will these actually stretch out to the point where I'll be able to actually button them and wear them without some sort of circulation problem?

I know some people on here went with their same Nudie size as well and I guess I just want some reassurance that I'll actually be able to wear these without having to sell them and size up.

Just got these in yesterday from BiG. One hour hot soak (with me in them), washed and dried and they are awesome. Many thanks to Gordon for helping me get the perfect fit on these.

1360836756_75148a6ae1_o.jpg

same picture I posted in the waywt threads

It's really sad to see the arcs go....

WOW levis needs to chill out

maybe if they started selling quality jeans they wouldnt have to just sue any competition to hell

I am so upset to hear about this.... one of the main things Ilike about japanese denim is the unique and interesting pocket stitching that is not to out there but is out of the usual.

edit: upon reading the full cout facts im actually watching steam come out of my ears I am so mad

but is there any reason that levi is on such a lawsuit spree?

are they having bad business or something or just getting greedy?

didnt realize this denim game was so cutthroat

It's really sad to see the arcs go....

I might be the only one who is happy about it, but I love the plain "transition" pockets. The new arcuates haven't really done anything for me except for Ande Whall's and, to a lesser extent Iron Heart's. But at least they don't look like Levi's.

I want NOTHING to do with a company so broken that all it has going for it is lawsuits and momentum. I sure as hell don't want my jeans to remind me about it.