Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, been looking at Sams for the past couple months and I'm thinking about getting a pair. I currently have: 30 RRDS, 30 Imperial Duke, 28 APC Rescues. The RRDS were pretty fit to begin with, but have stretched out to a very comfortable fit, I wouldnt want them any bigger though. My Rescues came just right on, but stretched out very easily, but still look good, not very baggy at all. My dukes are about as tight as I would like them, particularly the thighs.. the waist is just right, hopefully it doesnt stretch out... but I do hope the thighs keep on stretching.

I'm looking for a pair of Sams that are fairly low-rise, where I can wear them a tad low, and either straight-legged or even a slight taper to them.. no bootcut. I would like to fit as close to my RRDS as possible in the thighs/waist. I've read that you guys soak them right off the bat and that they end up at about the tag size after the wash. So which do you think will suit me best? Are the 5000vx's really slim? any slimmer than the dukes?

Just measured the waist of my RRDS = 16.5, APC = 16.5, Dukes = 16.

I am pretty inexperienced with samurais but ive been studying the threads and still need some advice. I recently bougt a pair of S0500XX from bluingreen that was waist size 31 (my usual) I have tried to no avail to get them on in a way that I can breathe but it is just not possible. I am planning on trading the pair for a pair of S5000VXs. I have read that the 5000vxs run looser than most samurai but does that also apply to the waist fit? Basically bluingreen has waist sizes 31 and 34 available for the 5000vxs and I am unsure whether or not to try again on 31 and hope its looser or go for the 34s. Or are both bad choices?

I am 6'2 140 pounds (very skinny I know) but I do prefer my jeans somewhat looser than most superfuture members.

Any constructed advice is appreciated I am willing to try another model if that is better(but I like the pocket stitching)

sorry for being too long but thanks in advance for any help

Hey guys, been looking at Sams for the past couple months and I'm thinking about getting a pair. I currently have: 30 RRDS, 30 Imperial Duke, 28 APC Rescues. The RRDS were pretty fit to begin with, but have stretched out to a very comfortable fit, I wouldnt want them any bigger though. My Rescues came just right on, but stretched out very easily, but still look good, not very baggy at all. My dukes are about as tight as I would like them, particularly the thighs.. the waist is just right, hopefully it doesnt stretch out... but I do hope the thighs keep on stretching.

I'm looking for a pair of Sams that are fairly low-rise, where I can wear them a tad low, and either straight-legged or even a slight taper to them.. no bootcut. I would like to fit as close to my RRDS as possible in the thighs/waist. I've read that you guys soak them right off the bat and that they end up at about the tag size after the wash. So which do you think will suit me best? Are the 5000vx's really slim? any slimmer than the dukes?

the 5000s arent slim as dukes, and theyre pretty straight from knee to hem, harldy any taper, and theyre one of samurais lowest rise cuts. theyd suit your wants best i think

im back guys it wasnt me who did all those post my account was hacked jesus i wont post something like that.. hope you guys understand my apologies but i didnt post all those.. mods pls do something about this

Besides the 5000's...you could also try the 0110xj's or the new 0210xj's, which have similar fits. If you want slim, the 710's. I take the same size as you, and I (personally) would buy a 29.

COLLIEPARKSBUBBASPARXXX

A 31 should be fine...

Man - really a lot of sizing stuff on the last few pages...

I know...it would easier if we could all agree on whether to size down 1 or stay true to size...but that's never gonna happen, so I guess the people asking the questions will have to judge for themselves. I wanted to include something in the Sam Model thread...but its just too subjective.

Oh well...in any case, I think the best advice comes from the retailer themsevles, because they have to directly deal with the purchase if the size is wrong.

My 2 cents. :D

I'm sorry...1544 euros??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

yes 1544 euro's. I just hope they have made a mistake. The worst part is i have to wait longer on my sams.

but how can someone think of a 1544 tax on a pair 200 euro jeans

monday illl call customs an tell them they are f*cking crazy. But ill guess that would take it even longer..

yes 1544 euro's. I just hope they have made a mistake. The worst part is i have to wait longer on my sams.

monday illl call customs an tell them they are f*cking crazy. But ill guess that would take it even longer..

There had to be a misplaced decimal or something (15.44 euros)....or maybe 1544 yen??? That sux royally though...poor little sammy's sitting in a squished box all lonely like. :(

wonder if it's a clerical error and supposed to be 15.44?

34"W

I exchanged the 32" I received and stopped by BiG after work to get the 34" hemmed.

These were the 32". They fit a little too tight for me on the waist. I usually wear my jeans about an inch lower than what you see in that picture, anyway. My waist measures 33", so the 34" fit more comfortable. They're in the wash right now so I will have fit pictures tomorrow or Tuesday, once dried.

sam2.jpgsam3.jpg

They do look good, on the thighs/legs, but there is no way in hell I was going to fit into a 30" pair after a wash or two. The 32" themselves were giving me a hard enough time to button-up.

They would have stretched...but if you like to wear them a bit lower, then sizing up was probably a good idea. Post pics after they dry.