Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

What about the 500 or 510s? Think they would fit?

500's have a slim fit, but the rise is a bit higher than the 710's, 5000's, and 0210's (although someone else said they thought the rise was higher on the 710's)...either way, it marginal, they're all very similar. The 510's are more of a relaxed fit.

Look here for more details:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35556

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500's have a slim fit, but the rise is a bit higher than the 710's, 5000's, and 0210's (although someone else said they thought the rise was higher on the 710's)...either way, it marginal, they're all very similar. The 510's are more of a relaxed fit.

Look here for more details:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35556

My size 30 710's rise is 11" (exactly 27.5cm).

Are you measuring from above or below the belt line? Factory specs usually measure from below the belt line but I'm not sure about how marketing/press measure...

My bad...the rise on the 0500's is slightly lower than the 710's...but again, its something like 0.2".....Samurai model numbers are starting to haunt me in my sleep.:(

Yea, I'm glad I went with the 34".

They were pretty hard to get on after the wash. It seems like the rise is smaller, but I wore them for 10 minutes and they began to feel more comfortable. Can't wait to get some wear into them. They already feel like the best-fitting jeans I've owned.

Is the S510XX 19oz listed on 2nd as available starting now a new model or just going back into production?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s510xx19oz/

Edit: Also, does anyone know where to find rise measurements for all their jeans? The SM-5000GT-R looks like a relaxed fit jean about like the S0310 but with a lower rise from the pictures (also much heavier). It also appears to come with a pillow!? Damn my inability to read japanese.

Is the S510XX 19oz listed on 2nd as available starting now a new model or just going back into production?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s510xx19oz/

Edit: Also, does anyone know where to find rise measurements for all their jeans? The SM-5000GT-R looks like a relaxed fit jean about like the S0310 but with a lower rise from the pictures (also much heavier). It also appears to come with a pillow!? Damn my inability to read japanese.

The new S510 19oz. is an updated version of a previous model (2004 I think). The previous model had yellow arc's and donut buttons.

The Sm5000GTR has a anti-fit high backrise to accomodate the cinchback (so it doesn't interfere with a belt)...not sure the exact measurement...you can ask Toshiko on ringxring.com though...and yes, it comes with a pillow that matches the pocketbags (with a 70's car print motif). The first production run will also have stenciling on the pocketbags. Its a relaxed, straight leg fit.

Out of the wash and dried:

They fit great now. (before pictures on previous page)

I think you should have stuck with the 32s, although they'd have been uncomfortable for up to a week post-soak/wash, in the long run the fit will be better. The Sams stretch a lot, and if the fit post-soak is perfect then in a month or so it will be way too roomy for you.

For reference, I'm a natural 32" waist and I went with tagged size of 31. The jeans post-soak are PERFECT, but after about two weeks of daily wear I will want to soak them again.

i just got my samurai 0500's in the mail! they feel veeery nice. i can't wait to give these a proper hot soak and take them to BIG for hemming...

hey hey congratulations!!! pre post pictures pls

First off - congrats on the BK's ..perfect !!

Second - yeah - I have the Jin..posted in Jeans jackets thread...

The problem with all Samurai Jackets - the sleeves are way too short for western standards..

Thus they are also pretty short overall - but the width is somewhat normal..

For reference - my Jin is size 42 - and the sleeves and the length just work out...

I'm 5'7 - so not really tall - just average - and I think a 40 would have been too short..

So after soak I made sure to stretch the sleeves - and they turned out great...

I think Emaze has the 553(the one that you can get @ BIG - his fits pretty good , too

back ! nice fit on those samns right here remus.. youmight need one more hot wash and dryer..i suggest you get rid of all the shrinkage first..

Hey what's up Edmond?

I'm debating throwing them in the wash again because the lower-half is a little too baggy for my tastes...although the top-half fits just the way I like. How much more are these things going to shrink if I throw them back in the wash one more time? Is 2" or 2.5" at the waist the most sammies shrink down?

i think another 1 inch all over but those are the zero denim they would stretch out.. man but try soaking them in really hot hot water for like overnight.. just keep on pouring hot water to keep them from getting cold and just throw them in the dryer after... to further shrink them more

First off - congrats on the BK's ..perfect !!

Second - yeah - I have the Jin..posted in Jeans jackets thread...

The problem with all Samurai Jackets - the sleeves are way too short for western standards..

Thus they are also pretty short overall - but the width is somewhat normal..

For reference - my Jin is size 42 - and the sleeves and the length just work out...

I'm 5'7 - so not really tall - just average - and I think a 40 would have been too short..

So after soak I made sure to stretch the sleeves - and they turned out great...

I think Emaze has the 553(the one that you can get @ BIG - his fits pretty good , too

Thanks for the tip. The sleeves definitely won't be long enough for me then...I have monkey arms. Oh well... :(