Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh...chuck em in the dryer.

i did. The 32 seemed way too small. it fitted snug pre-soak. And a soak would shrink it like hell. But i had a tip on wedging a piece of wood in the waist. that worked well. the waist is good and the rest shrank just fine.

Grilled cheese - if you know me, you know what's next..

Post fit pics of both - and we'll tell you what's what...

L

O

L

I will once I get the new 0500s. I think it will be quite interesting, but I think it will be a tough head-to-head, as my new joints will be hemmed and the old ones won't. With the sizes, it might be like comparing apples and oranges even though they are the same damn pair of pants. In any case, I'll do the head to head pics once I get them. As I mentioned before, this was unexpected as I just dropped a few hundred balls on some PBJ 008s (don't worry I'll post pics of them as well--should arrive tomorrow). Ah, life's dilemmas.

I could go for a grilled cheese right now.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I registered. The best sandwich of all time.

i just gave my s0500xx's a hot wash in the machine, and yanked em out before the spin dry kicked in. no soap either, and now they're hanging out to dry. the water in the washing machine turned a dark blue, and it seems like the jeans lost a LOT of indigo. is this normal? i'm worried that i might have ruined them before i got to wear them once.

please advise.

i just gave my s0500xx's a hot wash in the machine, and yanked em out before the spin dry kicked in. no soap either, and now they're hanging out to dry. the water in the washing machine turned a dark blue, and it seems like the jeans lost a LOT of indigo. is this normal? i'm worried that i might have ruined them before i got to wear them once.

please advise.

They have enough indigo to go around...don't worry.

Did you wash them inside-out?

nope... just tossed them in regularly.

i never really understood the whole inside-out wash phenomenon. it's still bathing in hot water, no?

either way, they look like they shrinked up real nice. the leg is a lot slimmer, and the inseam shrunk down a LOT. the leather patch also looks great... i just hope they're still dark when the water dries up.

nope... just tossed them in regularly.

i never really understood the whole inside-out wash phenomenon. it's still bathing in hot water, no?

either way, they look like they shrinked up real nice. the leg is a lot slimmer, and the inseam shrunk down a LOT. the leather patch also looks great... i just hope they're still dark when the water dries up.

i usually wash mine inside out until they've lost enough indigo. Otherwise I end up with those weird mystery white lines everywhere....

I think someone here on some post said it best. If your Sams don't rape you post soak, you're screwed. If your SDAs rape you post soak, you're screwed. Sams stretch, and they stretch a lot.

I wear my RRDS same size as my Sams, W33.

"Rape" as in "too tight?" I'm assuming oui, yah, hai, yes.

For about a week. :D

Although, I can speak for my APCs right now - they stretched significantly out after 2 days of wear and do so even quicker after a wash.

Question for you guys, as I've been bothered every time I look down at my leg openings. As you know, I had the sams hemmed 1" and they shrunk 3.5" after their first wash...I'm thinking these things are too short...What do you think?

samdunk.jpg

I'd love that 1" back.