Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

pre-soak samurai s710xx size 31 (sized down 3 from my normal waist) after 8 hours or so of wear and doing endless crouching and lunges i finally managed to get the last button on.

yeah, youre totally fucked.

i sized down two on my 710s, and now after a few soaks/washes theyre just about too slim to wear.

put them in supermarket, try again, and go up two sizes.

end.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe i should clarify a bit.. i didn't necessarily size down 3 from my actual waist but 3 from what i normally wear with other jeans aside from samurais and diors. i have s5000bk's size 32 that i had to go thru the exact same process with and now they fit a bit loose on the waist, and i wear a 32 in diors aswell.

although i was able to get the last button on lastnight wearing them is quite uncomfortable, but im sure with wear and time they'll give a little.

9 months with no wash/soak here i come ! im excited to find out what happens !

maybe i should clarify a bit.. i didn't necessarily size down 3 from my actual waist but 3 from what i normally wear with other jeans aside from samurais and diors. i have s5000bk's size 32 that i had to go thru the exact same process with and now they fit a bit loose on the waist, and i wear a 32 in diors aswell.

although i was able to get the last button on lastnight wearing them is quite uncomfortable, but im sure with wear and time they'll give a little.

9 months with no wash/soak here i come ! im excited to find out what happens !

I also say get rid of them and get at leat a 32. I don't think wearing them raw and never washing them is particulary good for their longevity. Sorry.

I typically try to get the waist to fit presoak, and then after a soak they typically stretch back out.

Also, I have never worn jeans that are "true" to size. If I measure around my waist where I wear my jeans I measure about 32.5", yet I wear 30W in almost all of my jeans and they all measure 15.5" when laid flat and measured across the back of the waist... so 15.5" x 2 is 31"... not my "true" size, yet they fit.

I also say get rid of them and get at leat a 32. I don't think wearing them raw and never washing them is particulary good for their longevity. Sorry.

Nope, not good at all. Even if you don't want to ever wash, you want at least to get rid of the starch, or you'll end with some bad holes on your honeycombs.

Just picked up my 710's from BIG (I had them do the wash for me), I love these things! Gonna be hard to choose between these and my Eternals...

samfront.jpg

I hate quoting pics...but whatever. Those look really big on you??? Are you sure BiG didn't forget to one-wash them for you??? What size are you and what size are they? 710's are Sam's slimmest cut...those look more like a 510 cut....I'm confus-ed :confused:

I'm 6', 215 lbs, the jeans are sz 38. I could easily have taken a 36 for a more SuFu style fit, but I think this suits my proportions better, without getting too baggy. And the 510's in my size are def too baggy to me.

I don't think wearing them before soaking - and thus trying to stretch them - will make a difference..

As soon as they hit water - they'll shrink anyway...

And honestly - a pair of unsoaked Samurai's feels like cardboard...so go ahead and soak them - put them on while wet...

I'm 6', 215 lbs, the jeans are sz 38. I could easily have taken a 36 for a more SuFu style fit, but I think this suits my proportions better, without getting too baggy. And the 510's in my size are def too baggy to me.

I don't really get the concept of sizing up on jeans that were meant to be slim fitting...but hey, I'm not wearing them! ;) Enjoy them.

Waistband looks really tight..

See - I honestly think the 510's are supposed to sit a little low on your hips - and the hipflare is actually supposed to be a loose ass feature...

If you wear the 510's high - which you have to do when they are this mofo tight - it looks like a hipflare..

Sams tend to get a lot of their shrinking done lengthwise in the first wash. After that, it's pretty minimal. That hip-flare definitely shows on those jeans. Normally would say to have sized down, but that waist looks pretty tight on you post soak. I guess you could wait until the denim softens a bit and drapes better.

What is it with these S510XX-AiNs? I've yet to see a fit with these that I really like. :confused:

on the AI's - I would actually try cuffing them first. You get to see what they WOULD look like when hemmed without having to worry about additional shrinkage. I learned after my SC40400N not to hem until at LEAST 1 or 2 regular washes.