Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to BiG's website (and I'm pretty sure I recall seeing the same information from Samurai when I was doing my model-guide), the 710 has the exact same cut as the 505. It's interesting to hear that they don't....does anyone have pics of the two being worn for comparison?

theryre definately similar, but i wouldnt go so far as to say the exact same cut, not at all, maybe to the average joe without our sufu honed eyes..

THAT'S what I should have tried... I can't get two of the buttons done up on the 21's I've got. (selling them... someone else's challenge now)

But LORD. I mean, my Zero's were tough enough... thumb-bruising even. 21oz was some thumbbreaking shit.

It helps if you lie down and have a bodybuilder wearing oyster-shucking gloves do it for you. :P

my 710s are now dry and stiff as fuck. threw it in the dry for couple mins and put em on. Could not button the top button and they were too damn long for me. It said 36 on the tag but when i measured it, it was actually 37(thats after the soak haha). Gonna get it hem down 3.5 inches

to continue with the standing jeans...

dsc00525ak3.jpg

Chard, mine are still 37 length after two hot soaks and a hot wash. Damn frustrating, but they should shrink down to 35 eventually.

Edmond, I think the trick with making them stand is in the way you let them dry. When they are still damp/wet you have to mould the legs into an O shape so it can distribute the weight evenly. Then balance out the top of the denim so it doesnt fall to much on one side. I usually put them out in the kitchen to scare my mum :P

You can try to do it with your DJs I made them stand after a wash even.

ohh wow...even at 35 thats too long for me. thanks for the info though.

i was brave enough to have my S510XX AI-N hemmed to a 35" even before soak. i hope it works well. i normally wear a 34" inseam. I'm getting them by next week, see how it goes.

If you guys were hoping for shorter inseams without hemming, Sams are not for you! Why do you think guys like me with beanpole legs are always trolling around in this thread? :D :D

Most Sams will shrink to 35" after the soaks & washes...sounds like the 710's stay an inch longer or so...I take it they're not the type of jeans anyone wants to cuff?

i was brave enough to have my S510XX AI-N hemmed to a 35" even before soak. i hope it works well. i normally wear a 34" inseam. I'm getting them by next week, see how it goes.

Mine shrank like 2 inches after a hot soak and hot wash so you'll prolly end up with a 34" after the soak and no wash or closer to a 33" if you hot wash too

Most Sams will shrink to 35" after the soaks & washes...sounds like the 710's stay an inch longer or so...I take it they're not the type of jeans anyone wants to cuff?

i dont really cuff my 710s. but not because im against cuffing because im not. but cuffs with stacking on top looks pretty lame i think, and to take out the slack you have to cuff them like 4 times which is equally impractical. this does make for nice pinrolling though, something i cant really do with my shorter inseams

i dont really cuff my 710s. but not because im against cuffing because im not. but cuffs with stacking on top looks pretty lame i think, and to take out the slack you have to cuff them like 4 times which is equally impractical. this does make for nice pinrolling though, something i cant really do with my shorter inseams

I wear the full 35" inseam postwash without even the slightest bit of stacking. :(