Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see that if we want any measurements of UNWORN Samurai jeans we just need to contact Edmond.

how many pairs of sams do you have edmond.....?

actually....id like to see a full list of your jeans...feel free to provide us with an inventory, for interests sake!

I second that. I've been wondering that for a while now.

Actually, Edmond: Start a thread called Edmond's Jean Collection, and that can be the thread everyone uses to discuss your jeans and relentlessy bag on you. As it is now, almost every thread you post in turns into an Edmond dig fest and it would be nice to consolidate all the ripping into one place. I feel kind bad for you, though you do showboat a bit...

I think the only thing keeping me from tapering my S5000 VXs from the knee down to a 7.5 leg opening from an 8 is the fear of the tailor cutting off the selvage strip in the process.

Sigh. I look around for tailors in NYC every now and then and I still haven't found a sure thing as to who won't cut the damned selvage off.

BoG is the new stockist in the US, shhh you heard it here first.

hehe...bog.

I still don't understand why everyone cares so much about Edmond's collection. I'm rather amused by it...he does his research, asks questions, and for each pair he buys, I learn more about that particular pair.

People act as though he's buying the last pair that they were saving up for or something. He's not hoarding one of a kind items or anything. And who cares if he doesn't wear them...life is short, and if buying jeans makes you happy, then what the hell?

thanks gimme at least someone here understands me well a lot actually.. imma help you guys out if you need anything i only supply info on jeans that i personally have. people asks me pm me a lot i try to help them out..

I've got no problem with Ed either. He's never nasty and always keen to try and help.

Buy what you want man, it's your money.

thanks mate ! im trying to help people here who wants watever i have give them more info on sizing .. im gonna continue helping! pm me guys ill help if i can i can even help you out on take5 ..( stock, price etc)

hehe...bog.

I still don't understand why everyone cares so much about Edmond's collection. I'm rather amused by it...he does his research, asks questions, and for each pair he buys, I learn more about that particular pair.

People act as though he's buying the last pair that they were saving up for or something. He's not hoarding one of a kind items or anything. And who cares if he doesn't wear them...life is short, and if buying jeans makes you happy, then what the hell?

I don't care if he buys jeans. It just gets a little annoying hearing him talk about his jeans and what jeans he really wants. If buying jeans is what makes someone happy, then they really need to reevaluate their life and where their priorities are.

You have to also call into question his motivation for buying all these jeans all of the sudden. It's just hypebeastiality.

In an attempt to get this thread back on track...:

SO505 owners: how does the denim feel after a lot of washes? Does it have a pretty soft hand?

rnrswithc, I know you own both SC47s and SO505s... would you say they have similar hands after numerous washes?

I haven't washed my 505s yet, but the denim is my favorite by far of anything I have worn. There is some nice streaking, but not too much, like I feel the PBJs have. The denim has roughly the same thickness as the 47s, but there seems to be much more life with the 505 denim. There are small subtleties that make give the 505 character.

Edit: I just wish they had hidden rivets. Also, I thought, the S0505 was a replica of the 67 model Levis 505s. If this is the case, they messed up big time. I have the lvc 505s and the fit is not the same.

Ya...lemme know if you come across any. 29 or 30...whatevs.

I mentioned before, but the 505 are based on the 510-66 cut...so you'd probs like both.

ayte cool.. ill check with take5 if they still have the 505's in my size..

ill pm you the link mate..ill search it again

I haven't washed my 505s yet, but the denim is my favorite by far of anything I have worn. There is some nice streaking, but not too much, like I feel the PBJs have. The denim has roughly the same thickness as the 47s, but there seems to be much more life with the 505 denim. There are small subtleties that make give the 505 character.

Edit: I just wish they had hidden rivets. Also, I thought, the S0505 was a replica of the 67 model Levis 505s. If this is the case, they messed up big time. I have the lvc 505s and the fit is not the same.

I almost didn't want to hear that... makes me wish I had jumped on them when I had the chance... oh well.

They did fit great and the denim was on point in so many different ways. It's just a little too bad (for the denim geek in me) that it's a zip fly with bartacks. And I think they were not so much meant to be a repro of the 67 505 as much as they were supposed to be "inspired" by it. Samurai doesn't generally do straight up repros, but more derivations, if you will. I think that's part of why they're pretty popular over here.