Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Did you guys notice around a half inch shrinkage in the legs for ur 710's after soak? I'm trying to figure out whether to buy 31's or 32's... i normally buy 32's but depending on how much shrinkage occurs in the legs will I be able to decide.

i remember about a 1/4 inch in the thigh/crotch and a half inch at the hem. i just got 32s, true waist size, they fit very nicely. my 30s got too small :(

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my s5000BKs arrived yesterday....they're currently enjoying a hot wash in the machine....

i sized down two, from 30 to 28 - i wanted a slightly slimmer fit. i had 2nd hem them 1.5 inches too. here's the pre-wash pics...

s5000BKpresoak.jpg

love the way you sized down 2 which is good on those s5000 cut cause it will fit very well and nice after a couple of week swqhen they stretch out post soak may hurt at first but very nice fit after... cheers !

as a quick wuestion im sure you guys have issues with dye running on shoes alot how do you deal with it? i notice everyone prefers to stack instead of cuff so is there anything to get it off beisdes jsut water?

Thanks!

If you're wearing sammy's or any other quality raw denim, you just grin and bear it, then proudly show those shoe stains off as an indigo badge of wear, pain, and pleasure.

time to sound mad noob..

on samurai and other jeans shops sites the size charts have two numbers like "21.5〜22.5"

what does that mean? is it trying to take account for variation between individual pairs or what?

also, why do many of the measurements on these charts not coincide with many other psoted measurements and general consensus? (and yes, i checked to make sure im comparing washed to washed and raw to raw)

time to sound mad noob..

on samurai and other jeans shops sites the size charts have two numbers like "21.5〜22.5"

what does that mean? is it trying to take account for variation between individual pairs or what?

also, why do many of the measurements on these charts not coincide with many other psoted measurements and general consensus? (and yes, i checked to make sure im comparing washed to washed and raw to raw)

I think part of it has to do with how it is washed (machine, hot, cold etc.) and the other

part is how it is dried ( machine, outside sun, outside shade, inside, also humidity and

temp.) oh and also different stores and different members measure in different ways. ie measure front and double or measure around or compare to true waist

or whatever.

time to sound mad noob..

The answer is very clear..

The size chart tries to pay attention to the different shrinkage methods..

Some one who soaks in warm water for only 1 hour will get a different shrinkage than some one who soaks hot for 6 hours...

It's estimated measurements...

an update on my s5000BKs (size 28, sized down 2 from 30)...

i washed them twice in hot water, and hung dry in the sun today. the inseam shrunk about 2.5 inches, and everywhere else shrunk probably an inch or so.

i tried them on when wet this morning to stretch the waist a little, so by the time they were dry this afternoon, they werent particularly painful at all to get on. mind you, my thumb and forefinger are still fucking killing me from the efforts in getting them on this morning. theres a dent in my thumb, and a bruise starting to emerge. the things we endure for denim.... :eek:

they fit brilliantly, i couldnt be much happier when them.

initially i was a little unsure about the back rise (1/2 an inch or 1 inch higher would probably be ideal for me, so i could wear them both sagged and near my natural waist), but they have already stretched out nicely in the first hour or so of wear.

here's the pics, with and without flash. they are worn exactly on my hips.

there's some nipple and underwear sneak peeks for all you raunchy folks, get into it!

S5000BKpostsoaknoflash.jpg

S5000BKpostsoakflash.jpg

looking good JPGM.

I still need to take fit pics of mine but it's just been too dark and grey here and I want to wait for a bit of natural light. I've heard in other countries there is a thing called sunshine......

I had to have mine hemmed in a non-chainstitch way unfortunately. But I thought I'd leave them a little long so I can double cuff to hide it and then have them done properly at BiG when I make it to NYC in Jan/Feb.... good plan?