Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>Go to Americaya 610 at Ueno station on the JR Yamanote Line.

I'll second that.. America-ya in Ueno has a good selection of Samurais. The shop is below (south) of the Yamanote-line tracks (the shopping street runs on both sides). Pick up some Sammie T-shirts & the like while you're there.

Bears in Shimokitazawa has some too, and is a friendly shop, but they are all one-wash (Bears wash them themselves).

Bears is also home of the "Denim Doctor".. bring them any jeans you want repaired.

What stores in Osaka carry Samurais, and where are they? I only came across them at IN and they had a small selection.

(of course I didn't hit EVERY shop in the city... but everything else was easy to find thanks to indigojunkie's map... but no Samurai retailers were marked on it. Anywhere in Minami or Umeda area?)

isnt there a samurai flagship store IN osaka?

I don't think Samurai has a flagship store (or for that matter any store of its own, unlike Full Count, Denime, Real McCoy, Warehouse, Dry Bones, Evisu, etc). At least I've never seen one, and their website does't list one.

The main address on their website is in Hirano-ku, in the southeast part of Osaka -- it's quite far from the central shopping areas and I imagine must be their corporate address.

Anybody think I could get a similar fit in the top block/thighs as my size 29 S0500xx if I got a size 28 S0510? I love the top fit and the denim, but can't take the taper. I realize the 510 has a higher rise but if I am reading the charts right I should be able to get damn close if I size down.

Thoughts?

Not really....the 510's flare out around the hips....

Yeah I thought it might be a bit of a stretch, I really love these jeans and I think if I let them stack instead of cuffing they will look more straight leg. We will see if anyone meets my asking price in the market. Hmmm, tough decision.

Thanks for the info!

I couldn't when I got mine either...then I couldn't get the top two up after I washed them...but now they fit perfectly...just be patient!

So, Gimme, I wanted to follow up about the Jins. In a 34, I could button all but the top button raw, but it hurt quite a bit. Is this really how yours fit raw? And when you say they fit perfectly, do you mean that you can barely get them on, or that they're comfortable. Cause I'm all about comfort really. Willing to suffer as they stretch out, but once they're stretched, I pretty much just want to be able to forget about them and never have them piss me off.

So, Gimme, I wanted to follow up about the Jins. In a 34, I could button all but the top button raw, but it hurt quite a bit. Is this really how yours fit raw? And when you say they fit perfectly, do you mean that you can barely get them on, or that they're comfortable. Cause I'm all about comfort really. Willing to suffer as they stretch out, but once they're stretched, I pretty much just want to be able to forget about them and never have them piss me off.

Ya, they were already tight when I received them...I could button them up, but they were quite "fitted". Then after the soak, I couldn't get the top 2 buttons done up. I just wore them around the house for a few hours until my raw fingers could get the others done up...now they fit perfectly.

Here's the pics I posted:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=661772&postcount=70

I went down one size...from a normal 30, to a 29. I've also soaked them once since I've started wearing them...they were, again, very tight and a bit difficult to button up, but stretched back out again. I'm not sure if I wear my jeans tighter than anyone else, but I find them comfortable.

pic isnt working

Ya, they were already tight when I received them...I could button them up, but they were quite "fitted". Then after the soak, I couldn't get the top 2 buttons done up. I just wore them around the house for a few hours until my raw fingers could get the others done up...now they fit perfectly.

Here's the pics I posted:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=661772&postcount=70

I went down one size...from a normal 30, to a 29. I've also soaked them once since I've started wearing them...they were, again, very tight and a bit difficult to button up, but stretched back out again. I'm not sure if I wear my jeans tighter than anyone else, but I find them comfortable.

i think hes color blind....

No, pics all over made them look distinctly grey... (though if your monitor was just right, or you looked very closely you could tell)

They were not good pics at any rate. I thought they were gray too, as did a few people who ordered them only to go "wtf? I thought these were grey?"

Did you guys notice around a half inch shrinkage in the legs for ur 710's after soak? I'm trying to figure out whether to buy 31's or 32's... i normally buy 32's but depending on how much shrinkage occurs in the legs will I be able to decide.