Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering getting some Samurai's as my next pair of denim (been wanting some for about a year now).

Just wondering if anyone could quickly tell me which cut would be the closest to 31" Cane 1947's.

I'd look through the thread, but it's 2:37AM and I've still got to go home.

I can't say that many Sam's are cut like Cane's. I guess the S3000's and S7000's would be the more repro-inspired cuts they do. If I were you, I would just look at BiG's website...they give a small description of all the cuts (you could also compare measurements if you're keen).

Considering getting some Samurai's as my next pair of denim (been wanting some for about a year now).

Just wondering if anyone could quickly tell me which cut would be the closest to 31" Cane 1947's.

I'd look through the thread, but it's 2:37AM and I've still got to go home.

Size up on some 510s

I got my bk's smaller than I have ever gotten dungarees before and they were hard to button up after two soaks. The thigh area is what got me, though. The waist will likely stretch a bit, but how do you feel about the thigh area? Mine didn't stretch too much in the thigh.

my thighs fit okay since i have small thighs that is why i sized down to compenstate.

i dont see thighs stretching much unlike the waist there is constant side to side movement.

This is a question for anyone who owns both the 5000VX and BK. Is there a big difference in the rise of each pair? The VX have 5 buttons and BKs have 4. Any input and advice would be great.
I don't know what you mean ? Both of mine have 5 buttons ....

wouldn't 4 buttons mean a lower rise? but since beatle's has 5, you must be missing one..

This is a question for anyone who owns both the 5000VX and BK. Is there a big difference in the rise of each pair? The VX have 5 buttons and BKs have 4. Any input and advice would be great.

the only difference i recall was that some people were able to size down 1 on the bk's but not the vx's. too lazy to look but it's somewhere in this thread.

If that's the case, the pair I just ordered from 2nd will be going to the SuperMarket if they are too small, too low a rise.

My VX's have 4 buttons....and as far as I know, they both have the same dimensions/rise. I went down 1 size and they fit perfectly.

edit - I just looked on Big's website, and the picture there shows 5-buttons, but they look a lot closer together than on my pair. I'm guessing that the lot 10's were changed for some reason? Are yours lot 9 Beatle?

Really quick sizing question:

28 in New Standard, 30 in Skull 5010.

I'm thinking 29 for S710xx. Does that sound like a good idea? Stupid? I read through this entire thread and the feeling I get is one size down.

oh thanks im at your ignore list why? anyways i suggest you go with a 30 on the s710

Really quick sizing question:

28 in New Standard, 30 in Skull 5010.

I'm thinking 29 for S710xx. Does that sound like a good idea? Stupid? I read through this entire thread and the feeling I get is one size down.

I'd say a 29...there's a guy that posted fit pics back a few pages that were spot on...he sized down one (I think your normal size is probably 30).

I'd say a 29...there's a guy that posted fit pics back a few pages that were spot on...he sized down one (I think your normal size is probably 30).

I saw his pictures, which is what led me to sizing down 1.

I love the way we have this process of figuring out what is the right size to get. People start off at true to size, and then someone sizes down one, or two, and after some time has passed there is a general consensus about "how many you should go down." For example, down two being the regular advice for New Standards.

^personally i would look at the thigh width instead. that is how i picked the right size with mine. i wear 31 and sized down two. could not button the top for a few days buit loosened up. they are actually a bit too loose on me now. so yeah i would go for the 29 if your legs can fit into them.