Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok, im just wondering if it would affect the shrinkage at all

Its definitely the reason for the sharp vertical creases...and no, it doesn't affect the shrinking at all...only get rid of some water, and makes some ugly fold-lines.

I have a front-load washer that doesn't give you the option of no spin cycle (for some strange reason)...bad things have happened.:(

no spin cycle, right?;)

haha, ain't got no fancy washing machine in my place, it'll spin whatever the fuck it wants to spin :D

they're drying now, no vertical creases or anything so i dont know what the machine did, i do know they shrunk and fit perfect now. wash right off the back is deff. the way to go

haha, ain't got no fancy washing machine in my place, it'll spin whatever the fuck it wants to spin :D

they're drying now, no vertical creases or anything so i dont know what the machine did, i do know they shrunk and fit perfect now. wash right off the back is deff. the way to go

fit pics!

abcdefg

would you consider the 21 oz 5100's a straight fit? im soaking a pair as we speak hoping to get some shrinking . i compared them up agaisnt my pair of okis and they looked almost identical, yet when on they seem so much wider. i might have to consider something slimmer. love the denim.

would you consider the 21 oz 5100's a straight fit? im soaking a pair as we speak hoping to get some shrinking . i compared them up agaisnt my pair of okis and they looked almost identical, yet when on they seem so much wider. i might have to cinsider something slimmer. love the denim.

I think Samurai calls the 510 fit "relaxed" now, but its just their regular, straight leg cut.

Are you talking about trying them on before soaking? That doesn't really give you a sense of how they're going to fit...just wait until they're dry. Hot washing them would get all the shrinking out of the way in one shot btw.

they were hot/warm washed before i got them from the previous owner but they still fit big when on. i soaked them for a few hours in boiling water and they are now drying. ill get some pics.

I think Samurai calls the 510 fit "relaxed" now, but its just their regular, straight leg cut.

Are you talking about trying them on before soaking? That doesn't really give you a sense of how they're going to fit...just wait until they're dry. Hot washing them would get all the shrinking out of the way in one shot btw.

they were hot/warm washed before i got them from the previous owner but they still fit big when on. i soaked them for a few hours in boiling water and they are now drying. ill get some pics.

Ah ok...if they were already hot washed, probably won't be too much shrinking left. I don't think they were meant to be "slim" jeans. The thickness of the denim probably makes them hang differently than your okis as well.

Guest declasse

ok, i've done my homework, searching thru sufu and rakuten sites, big too. i need help with sammies. i think i want the 5000vx or 510xx. i do not want low rise or tight thighs, but NOT a baggy fit. just fitted. i am 34x34 in sanforized nudies and 36x36 in 47501 post soak. do the sammies shrint to tagged size?, i am afraid 36 would be too big after the shrink-stretch process. please help me. oh, and do the sammies from japan come with the 38.5 inseam as well? if so does anyone know chainstitching in portland,,or?

thanks very much

ok, i've done my homework, searching thru sufu and rakuten sites, big too. i need help with sammies. i think i want the 5000vx or 510xx. i do not want low rise or tight thighs, but NOT a baggy fit. just fitted. i am 34x34 in sanforized nudies and 36x36 in 47501 post soak. do the sammies shrint to tagged size?, i am afraid 36 would be too big after the shrink-stretch process. please help me. oh, and do the sammies from japan come with the 38.5 inseam as well? if so does anyone know chainstitching in portland,,or?

thanks very much

The 5000's are more fitted than the 510's. Size down 1 from your normal waist size. All Sam's come with a 38ish inseam. BiG will hem & chainstich for you.

okay so I go my 710s on friday night, they were hot soaked inside-out(as hot as the tap could get) for about 3 hrs, changed the water twice. heard a lot of people hot washing to get all the shrinking out of the way, so i decided to give it a shot. 10 mins into the hot wash I got worried, as ive never done it before to a pair of jeans, and took them out. they hung out to dry through the night and finally dried around 10 in the morning yesterday. been wearing them since. ive had a similar experience as most others with having incredible difficulty doing up the buttons. but i must say, i think theyre incredible, definitely on a whole other level to all the jeans ive owned in the past. the thighs were pretty tight on me after the soak and i could only button up the first 2 buttons, after a whole day i can button them all the way and the thighs have stretched to just being snug. im very happy with these jeans and excited to see how they break in. here are some pics, click on the links for larger images, oh and sorry for the dirty room.

stats: 5' 6"-7" 143lbs, true waist 31, 710's jean tag size 30 hemmed 1" from 38.5" (pre soak inseam)

pre soak

samurai710xx009hh1.th.jpg

samurai710xx007kh6.th.jpg

post soak, hours worth of wear

samurai710xx001vc6.th.jpg

samurai710xx006dz6.th.jpg

i believe theres plenty of shrinking left in them. so theyll be soaked again in a couple months or whenever i feel theyve stretched too much. these things are gloriuosly painfull, the honeycombs are digging into the back of my knees, and my hip bones are dying from the tight waist, and it doesnt help that its been in the 90s here.

So here's my fit pics of my 710's. They're 29's. My waist is about a 31. I'm 145 pounds and 5' 9" or 10". They have about one more inch in the inseam to shrink and I got two inches hemmed off, so they'll be a 34 in the end. They're still not completely stretched out.

DSC_0059-2.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

So here's my fit pics of my 710's. They're 29's. My waist is about a 31. I'm 145 pounds and 5' 9" or 10". They have about one more inch in the inseam to shrink and I got two inches hemmed off, so they'll be a 34 in the end. They're still not completely stretched out.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f317/Ali2234/DSC_0059-2.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f317/Ali2234/DSC_0058-1.jpg

Damn Fix, those Samurai's fit so nicely, was the length a 37 before you hemmed em'?

Nice pickup big guy.:D

Damn Fix, those Samurai's fit so nicely, was the length a 37 before you hemmed em'?

Nice pickup big guy.:D

haha, yep. I was ognna get three inches off, but I realized that they weren't quite done shrinking, so I settled with two and a cuff for now.

s710xx 19oz 7 months of wear. 1 cold soak ( worn in shower) 2 washes 1st wash hot with samurai soap 2nd wash at 7 month mark with hair shampoo and thunder soap washed while in shower

waywt6010.jpg

waywt6011.jpg

waywt6014.jpg

waywt6012.jpg

waywt6019.jpg