Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay poly, i appreciate your advice here - and everyone elses! i guess you're right, fit pics are necessary here.

so excuse the rubbish photos!

s0500xx size 29

one hot soak, hang dry, worn half a day.

the waist currently measures 30.5

not hemmed

i'm 5' 11", 155, 29.5" at navel, 34" on hips/sag zone.

i normally wear a 30 in dior raws (31 in non-denim dior) etc, from memory i'm a 29 in edwin 47s, i wear a 31 in lvc 606s because of the low rise and my large hips.

the sams have blown all previous jeans out of the water but i just think they're too tight. i'm hoping one size up (to 30) is enough because i don't want the leg to get much wider..

s0500front1.jpg

s0500front2.jpg

s0500back1.jpg

s0500back2.jpg

s0500side.jpg

quick question for poly: do you know off the top of your head what the waistband of your contest sams measures now after all that wear?

they wil stretch dont worry do squats in them or do some stretching in them.. id rather have that fit than have a loose fit after a hot soak that would definitely piss me off... the package up front? dont you just love that? girls would dig that!

mine measure exactly 30" right now on a size 29. But that was just after a wash last week and haven't worn them since, they were probably at max 31" after a ton of wear. I don't remember my samurais ever fitting as tight as yours, but we have different body types as well. I think that if your thigh is good, than go by that, even though you're right your package is really out there. The waist and everything else will stretch enough, but it's your call here. They do look really tight, are they uncomfortable?

here are my fit pics about 9 months worth of wear

1040863975_db296744bb.jpg

i'm sorry, i can't seem to find the first week pics. i'll try and dig some more maybe tomorrow

hey this is great, i've managed to freak sufu out with tightness! definitely kinda 'sticky fingers' shit happening there... although that's not SO bad because my ideal fit is joe dallessandro's (the model from the sticky fingers sleeve) from about '68-70

dick danger: i just grew a freddy tache, it's fucking rude. it's getting shaved after i show some mates tomorrow.

puretokyo i think u should get at least a 30 or maybe even 31. Though they will stretch it wont be enough to make them look good. Im amazed that you even got that thing on, my hands were in pain doing up every button esp the last ones and theyre nowhere near as tight as yours :P

okay, in the interests of good taste the photos are gone :D

proved a point though - sizing down doesn't always work. i guess i'll go up to 31 on these, although that'll give a 21cm opening, which is wider than i'd like.. i could go with the 710 but i love the slubby texas cotton.

still curious about what cuts would help minimise hips!

"Im amazed that you even got that thing on, my hands were in pain doing up every button esp the last ones and theyre nowhere near as tight as yours"

strong fingers from rock climbing :D

mine measure exactly 30" right now on a size 29. But that was just after a wash last week and haven't worn them since, they were probably at max 31" after a ton of wear. I don't remember my samurais ever fitting as tight as yours, but we have different body types as well. I think that if your thigh is good, than go by that, even though you're right your package is really out there. The waist and everything else will stretch enough, but it's your call here. They do look really tight, are they uncomfortable?

here are my fit pics about 9 months worth of wear

1040863975_db296744bb.jpg

i'm sorry, i can't seem to find the first week pics. i'll try and dig some more maybe tomorrow

hot hot hot!!!!!!!

okay poly, i appreciate your advice here - and everyone elses! i guess you're right, fit pics are necessary here.

so excuse the rubbish photos!

s0500xx size 29

one hot soak, hang dry, worn half a day.

the waist currently measures 30.5

not hemmed

i'm 5' 11", 155, 29.5" at navel, 34" on hips/sag zone.

i normally wear a 30 in dior raws (31 in non-denim dior) etc, from memory i'm a 29 in edwin 47s, i wear a 31 in lvc 606s because of the low rise and my large hips.

the sams have blown all previous jeans out of the water but i just think they're too tight. i'm hoping one size up (to 30) is enough because i don't want the leg to get much wider..

quick question for poly: do you know off the top of your head what the waistband of your contest sams measures now after all that wear?

tokyo, i weigh almost exactly what you do and wear a 30 in raw dior denim too. my sams are w30 and for my next pair im going to go up to a w31 because after a few soaks and washes theyre a little too close for comfort. theyre also a cut slightly skinnier than the 0500s you have, so i think one up to a w30 for you would be a very wise decsion

I have a pair of SJDJ's in 34, so what size would I get in 5000bk's? Keep in mind I'm not looking for the same slim fit, I want a looser fit with these(yet fitted).

You can either stay true-to-size or size down 1 if you want to stretch them out.

I'm not sure how that relates to nudie sizing...:confused: