Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dojomaster

So I have a question. I currently wear 32X32 Levi's 501XX, kinda shitty but are whatever to me and I wanna upgrade to the previously stated Samurai's. I'm curious though about the fit since I'd be ordering online and once you've got them, you've got them no matter the fit. So anyone who knows about these jeans or wears them, whatever, could you let me know what to expect. The Levi's are slightly baggy on the waist, I can button it completely with no belt and then slide them off without unbuttoning so there is plenty of room I guess one could say. I tried measuring my waist I think it was about 15 inches or so or in the vicinity. The thighs are fairly loose and the calf is extremely loose, the kind of loose I dislike and think looks unattractive.

So what size do those who care think I should get? Or is there even another jean you might recommend? Thanks.:D

Guest dojomaster

I guess I'm looking for a regular fit, but I don't want it as baggy as the jeans I have now. I'm thinking I probably need a size 30 waist and then hopefully from the knee down it's not as loose as the Levi's.

I guess I'm looking for a regular fit, but I don't want it as baggy as the jeans I have now. I'm thinking I probably need a size 30 waist and then hopefully from the knee down it's not as loose as the Levi's.

Get the s0500 cut. It has a slight taper below the knee, perfect for what you're looking for.

wow!

after all the great advice further up this thread, my new s0500xx arrived yesterday and jeeeesus this denim is crazy. so NICE. my favourite jeans ever, instantly. they're basically made out of rogue warp knots!

so!

i sized down 1 to a 29 and they're pretty tight. after soaking, it took me half an hour of swearing and half an hour of resting to get all five buttons done up. and my fingers fucking ache... but now they're done up and all is well. but they're pretty damn tight... definitely too tight now for wearing in public. but is that similar to other peoples' experiences with the contest sams?

i want a slim fit, and i pretty much went by all the comments indicating 1-2 inches of stretching in the waist. anyone care to reassure me that these will stretch to fit right? otherwise they'll be up on the supermarket next week and some more will have to be sought.

my s510xxai-n just came in right now.. surprisingly they are soft like at a one wash state dunno why.. they come with a samurai cloth and a denim pencil case i think.. these jeans are awesome the details are way over my expectations... will post pictures when i get home...

they'll stretch EVERYwhere about an inch. thighs and everything

this is semi reassuring, i also bought the svx0500 recently and sized down one (only because my size wasn't in stock at BIG). already (ie pre soak) they are fairly snug, so i am trying to stretch them a little bit before i soak them. i'm also going to position something in the waist during he soak that i am hoping will prevent over shrinkage. i'll post pictures and stuff of the results/process if i have time. also any advice (perhaps from others that sized down in the past) would be helpful! thanks.

this is semi reassuring, i also bought the svx0500 recently and sized down one (only because my size wasn't in stock at BIG). already (ie pre soak) they are fairly snug, so i am trying to stretch them a little bit before i soak them. i'm also going to position something in the waist during he soak that i am hoping will prevent over shrinkage. i'll post pictures and stuff of the results/process if i have time. also any advice (perhaps from others that sized down in the past) would be helpful! thanks.

I think wearing them - or stretching out raw denim prior to soak won't change a whole lot ..once they hit the water they'll shrink as much as the fibres are supposed to...

You might as well go ahead and soak them right now - more important is to keep the waist stretched while they are drying...

Bakertowne waist stretcher. QED.:rolleyes: