Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Just received my 0110's...beautiful, unusual denim (my first experience with LH twill). I did as everyone suggested and hot washed. I sized down 1 to a 29...I can only get two buttons done up, but I'm confident when the feeling comes back to my fingers I'll get the other two up...eventually. :)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received my 0110's...beautiful, unusual denim (my first experience with LH twill). I did as everyone suggested and hot washed. I sized down 1 to a 29...I can only get two buttons done up, but I'm confident when the feeling comes back to my fingers I'll get the other two up...eventually. :)

Hey did yours have a big hip flare after the hot wash? I have the exact same pair and mine seem to have quite a bit of hip flare. I think its the way the pockets are placed...

how's the fit everywhere else? curious because Iwas think of sizing one down to a 29 as well...

Fit is great...legs are a bit wider at the cuffs than I'm used to, but they're not tight in the thighs at all, and the bum looks good. At this point I wouldn't say that I would size down any more than 1 size...but they haven't stretched out yet. Right now the waist is around a 28", thigh is 11, inseam is around 35", cuff around 8, and knee around 8.5.

Hey did yours have a big hip flare after the hot wash? I have the exact same pair and mine seem to have quite a bit of hip flare. I think its the way the pockets are placed...

At this point there isn't any flare at all...but probably because they're like a 2nd skin. I'll post again later when they've stretched.

Looking good ... Mine are sized down one too and the fit is no where near as good as that. How long did you leave them in for?

Are you unable to do 'em up or is it purely down to personal choice?

Looking good ... Mine are sized down one too and the fit is no where near as good as that. How long did you leave them in for?

Are you unable to do 'em up or is it purely down to personal choice?

Personal choice as in do I normally not button my jeans up all the way? haha...no, they're just a bit of a tight squeeze right now...they'll be done up all the way shortly.

I just threw them in the washing machine on hot with a bit or organic soap. Did you just soak or wash? I read about everyone's soaking issues and having to do it multiple times...I'm impatient so I figured washing would get all of the shrinking out of the way.

Personal choice as in do I normally not button my jeans up all the way? haha...no, they're just a bit of a tight squeeze right now...they'll be done up all the way shortly.

I just threw them in the washing machine on hot with a bit or organic soap. Did you just soak or wash? I read about everyone's soaking issues and having to do it multiple times...I'm impatient so I figured washing would get all of the shrinking out of the way.

It's a story rather short in length and sadly lacking in humour. Bought a pair of 32's from Toshiko and after 2 soaks decide to sell and size down. So now with my 31's I've only really had time to soak once.

Thinking I should just go ahead and stick them in the washing machine for a bit tomorrow. Hoping the waist won't get too much tighter though ...

It's a story rather short in length and sadly lacking in humour. Bought a pair of 32's from Toshiko and after 2 soaks decide to sell and size down. So now with my 31's I've only really had time to soak once.

Thinking I should just go ahead and stick them in the washing machine for a bit tomorrow. Hoping the waist won't get too much tighter though ...

go for it...they'll stretch back out either way.

I really like the fit of those Jin's...I think they'll stretch out plenty...

So you're happy with them 1 size smaller ??

I'm very happy with having sized down 1...they fit perfectly today. Pictures just don't do these jeans justice...the denim is so different (btw...does the fuzz die down a bit after a while? they sort of look furry right now).

How do you go about washing it ?

Inside out for sure, but on what settings ?

Btw I'm this close to ordering a pair already. Decided to size down 1.

I wash inside out...hot water...gentle/knit cycle...gentle soap (probably not necessary for your first wash).

As I said above, sizing down 1 was perfect for me...although they arrive already tight, and after the wash the looked ridiculously small, but they stretch out nicely.

(btw...does the fuzz die down a bit after a while? they sort of look furry right now).

denim "fuzz" goes away over time with wear and abrasion... my SC 47s were quite fuzzy before and the fuzz has now disappeared along the thighs and seat, but I still have a bit on the shins and other low abrasion areas.

Most modern jeans lack fuzz because of factory "singeing", which basically involves ironning the jeans so hot that the fuzz burns off.

Now I'm not sure on this, but I think fuzz could also be an indicator that a denim is ring spun... anyone care to chime in and correct me?

denim "fuzz" goes away over time with wear and abrasion... my SC 47s were quite fuzzy before and the fuzz has now disappeared along the thighs and seat, but I still have a bit on the shins and other low abrasion areas.

Most modern jeans lack fuzz because of factory "singeing", which basically involves ironning the jeans so hot that the fuzz burns off.

Now I'm not sure on this, but I think fuzz could also be an indicator that a denim is ring spun... anyone care to chime in and correct me?

I had fuzz on my SDA's...but not like this! These are just plain hairy. Anyway, I don't really care either way....was just curious. I lover them.