Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed

even if it does, i highly doubt samurai would change their aesthetics that all us denim heads love so much

If I'm ever looking for an example for HOW NOT TO WEAR YOUR SAMURAIS - here I am....

I doubt Jay-Z would look all that well wearing RedWings, fitted Samurais, Western shirt, Red Moon wallet, red moon wallet chain, redmoon fanny pack, etc.

More info on the 310's? I saw them on the Samurai site, but not being able to read Japanese I have no idea what the story behind them is.

Relaxed, almost loose fit. Moderate/high rise but lower than 3000/7000 if I understand correctly. Texas cotton. They're an unusual combination of denim and shape. The texas denim is really stiff, so the lower legs can look a little funny sometimes. I was looking for something more relaxed than my '47 cut Katos (and with a slightly less obscene rise when I bike), they fit the bill nicely. They're the loosest Samurai cut, but since I've never tried a 3000 or 7000, I don't know how big the difference is. Rear pockets are half-lined.

Here are my s5000vx's. The first picture is only a few days after getting them. I had only done a warm soak on them & they were still really big. A couple days later I machine washed & dried them to get them to a good fit. They still have the annoying hip flare, but not this bad. I also don't cuff them, just let 'em stack.

502115676_a60f3a06dd.jpg

That was a few months ago. I didn't wear them daily, but a lot. Not a lot of wear, but here they are a week or two ago, just before their first wash. I washed with minimal detergent, inside out, and with my SuFu X BiG X Warehouse's, so I really didn't lose much color, but they shrank up to a renewed fit. Here was right before the wash, I'll try to post fit pics when I get around to taking them.

2011510863_cd52dba427.jpg

i just got my 5000vx in size 30 but i think they might be too big. My true waist is about a 30 or 30.5. How much will a 29 stretch out usually? Is the rise that dramatic between a 28, 29, and 30?

Do you have the option of returning them? I think you should have probably gone with a 29 for a standard fit, or a 28 if you wanted them farily fitted. The rise is marginally different.