Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded...nice fit - really tight up top...maybe thus the slight bootcut ? What's the leg opening ?

Thanks for sharing....

Not tight at all, will try for better pics tomorrow. The waistband itself is quite snug, but the jeans go way out immediately below the waist and are loose all the way down. Measuring right about 11 inches at the leg opening, so I'm guessing there is more shrinkage in these.

Alright, question for everyone who owns Samurai Texas Cotton jeans out there. I did a few hour soak. It's clear that these will fit, serve their purpose and whatnot, and so on. But, they're really weirdly stiff, a lot like when I wore the S5003s without a soak. Is this just the denim, or is there a fair bit of starch left in these? If it's starch, time for a quick wash.

theetruscan:

I have a pair of S0500XX (posted in evo thread) and they are CRUNCHY stiff at first, well after the first soak., and they stay reasonably stiff if you dont wash them often. I've put mine througjh probably 3-4 HOT soaks and 1-2 machine washes + hot dry (analogous to BIG OXS)

When I hang dry them outside, the next morning they're still crunchy. I really like the weave of the TC due to this factor because the jeans stay stuff while dry but once you put them on they drape like its very soft material. Isure as hell hope Samurai does some more cuts with this fabric!

basically, i would say if the stiffness of the fabric really feels weird, just do a HOT soak and then throw them inside out in the dryer for a full cycle

Alright, question for everyone who owns Samurai Texas Cotton jeans out there. I did a few hour soak. It's clear that these will fit, serve their purpose and whatnot, and so on. But, they're really weirdly stiff, a lot like when I wore the S5003s without a soak. Is this just the denim, or is there a fair bit of starch left in these? If it's starch, time for a quick wash.

I'd say it's a bit of both. It's a starchy denim and a stiff denim (at first on both counts). It took a couple of full washes before I was confident I got the starch out. They will stay stiff for a very long time unless you use the dryer, but you can soften them almost immediately if you put them in the dryer. I love the Texas Cotton.

wow i love the cut on those if i sized odwn 2 maybe theyd fit like my eterna 872's hmm.. thinking... wow nice.. are those 19oz ?

wow i love the cut on those if i sized odwn 2 maybe theyd fit like my eterna 872's hmm.. thinking... wow nice.. are those 19oz ?

15 Oz Texas Cotton. Don't believe Samurai does texas cotton in > 15 oz. They're way loose, I dunno about sizing down a lot on them, seems to defeat the point. Though, in one day of wear the waist already stretched from world-of-pain tight to comfy, will likely need a belt by week's end. I don't think I've gotten all the shrinkage out at all though. These will be a fantastic loose jean for lazy days.

im sorry but i had to put this here

i think the s0500xx cut and denim in BLACK would be absolutely orgasmic

black denim with silver and gold intertwined selvedge

they are, dino sized it wrong. a 29 s5000 shrinks to ~30 but stretches to 31 easily. a 28 s5000bk shrinks to around a 29 and stretches nicely to a 30

i just gave the tagged waist sizes from the patches.

tell me about it, see for yourself...

6'0" ~165-170 lbs

710 w32

IMG_0687.jpgIMG_0688.jpg

510 w32

IMG_0694.jpgIMG_0689.jpg

5000bk w32

IMG_0696.jpgIMG_0698.jpg

Dino...if I could +rep you I would... we're basically the same physical build (I'm 6'1" and around 165-168 lbs.)...so those fit pics are fuckin' perfect for me to see. I'm definitely going to do the 710's in a 32 waist...plus I saw your waywt's and they seem to fit just right.

I'm starving for some heavy fuckin' denim for this cold winter.