Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty skinny and for my 0500s I sized down one. In fact, I think I'm the only person in the contest with a 27. At first they were huge, but after two washes I could barely squeeze into them. Sizing down 2 and I know I simply wouldn't fit into them.

I STRONGLY disagree with the ideas of sizing down 2 on 0500s--I've never heard this idea forwarded before. I'm with cheep, sized down 2 on 0500s would fit like scuba suit pants with a fly that doesn't button all the way up. Some dudes think that looks good though... but it ain't me babe...

That's because you already sized down.

This is how you size jeans. http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2006/06/how-to-get-right-size-and-cut_04.html

Then go -2 from that for the ZERO and Texas denim because it doesn't really shrink or stretches easily in the width.

I wear a 30 S0505(normal denim), 28 S0500(texas) and 28 S5000(ZERO).

I'm right.

And by the way, I never get my jeans tight or encourage someone to get them tight, if they're not a tight cut. My jeans are not downsized, they are sized properly. It's just that different denim gives different measurements for the same tagged size.

This is how you size jeans. http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2006/06/how-to-get-right-size-and-cut_04.html

Then go -2 from that for the ZERO and Texas denim because it doesn't really shrink or stretches easily in the width.

I'm right.

And by the way, I never get my jeans tight or encourage someone to get them tight, if they're not a tight cut. My jeans are not downsized, they are sized properly. It's just that different denim gives different measurements for the same tagged size.

i agree...

Hi guys...Ive got a few questions on my s0500xx. My tabs has got an inverted 'A' on it, is it special edition? The other question is about the lot number. The lot number is different than the one on on samurai website. What does the lot number mean? I got the jeans from a superfuturian in April and I didnt realise it until recently.

I'm right.

Jinx and Poly...

If you size down 1-2 on those...how do they fit in their raw state? More importantly, are you able to button them up all the way, raw?

Definitely sounds like a good idea from the looks of the pics...it's kinda hard for me to deliberate since most of my experience is from lower rise jeans like the Somet 003's and Eternal 864's...which both carry an ideal fit for me in 32. I def. don't mind sagging just a tad...and the low rise + slim-but-not-too-slim fit combo work perfectly.

BUT I REALLY LIKE THOSE USA MODEL SAMMIES!

hi

sorry to interupt but there was a limited run of those s0500xx ( non costest ones) with upside down A i think they were made before the contest began so there! just to clear things up most of those are lot 9's

Yes, lot 09, limited to 350 (maybe?). The pair I have is from this run and it has the upside down A. i think they were the very first lot of S0500XX, before the contest edition. But it doesn't really matter.

hi

sorry to interupt but there was a limited run of those s0500xx ( non costest ones) with upside down A i think they were made before the contest began so there! just to clear things up most of those are lot 9's

Purchase them at once.

I shall as soon as I hear back from the guys who size down 2 in Texas Cotton...it's hard for me to envision buttoning up 100% even in raw if you go down 2.

The only higher rise'd jeans I had were cheapo Levi's STF's (I had size 34 Jins...but sold those as they were too big)...and I always rocked the Levi's STF's with the top button undone in a 32 (but then again, that was like two years ago when I sagged my jeans a bit more).

I shall as soon as I hear back from the guys who size down 2 in Texas Cotton...it's hard for me to envision buttoning up 100% even in raw if you go down 2.

The only higher rise'd jeans I had were cheapo Levi's STF's (I had size 34 Jins...but sold those as they were too big)...and I always rocked the Levi's STF's with the top button undone in a 32 (but then again, that was like two years ago when I sagged my jeans a bit more).

You know that the BiG model isn't Texas cotton though, right?

Yep...but still...were you guys able to button the jeans up raw when sizing down 2?

nope i coudnt at first on my s710 19oz... sized down 2 on those but now they fall off me witout a belt..

I'm still agonizing over my sizing decission. I normally size down to 36, but I ordered my true waist (38) on the USA model. I couldn't even get 36 VX's all the way up my legs though when I was at BiG.

haha, the everlasting sizing question.. im gonna stay true to size, i believe jeans in a 30 are cut for people who are wearing a true size 30...