Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dino...if I could +rep you I would... we're basically the same physical build (I'm 6'1" and around 165-168 lbs.)...so those fit pics are fuckin' perfect for me to see. I'm definitely going to do the 710's in a 32 waist...plus I saw your waywt's and they seem to fit just right.

I'm starving for some heavy fuckin' denim for this cold winter.

Dino is the reason I went for the 710's - as soon as I get them back from hemming pics will be posted.

awesome. the 710s and the 19oz ruined me, i never want to wear anything less than 17oz anymore. 14.5 feels like linen now!

Dino...are those 5000bk's shrunken up already? They look quite loose from those angles.

theyve been soaked twice but apparently havent shrunken down all the way yet... its not the angle, they are loose

Wow, I was fairly certain that I hadn't soaked my S0310XXs nearly enough. After a 3 hour hot soak starting with 30ish gallons of boiling water, reheated twice, I think I've gotten the shrinkage out. However, while in the first soak, using my house's PIECE OF SHIT HEATER as my "hot" water (water runs lukewarm after 2 minutes, try showering in that), I lost no indigo, this time around the water turned blue and I died my drier rich blue inside. There was a bunch more shrinkage through the body, but fortunately not through the waistband. Also, while less "raw" seeming, the cotton is even rougher. Kind of strange, kind of awesome.

I wonder if going true to size on the S0505 was more to do with the cut (being similar to the 710) than the actual denim itself. So if one was to size down one on say the S5000, would it be more because of the denim or more because of the cut? If the BiG USA model is a S5000 cut, wouldn't you size down on that too (as with a normal S5000) or is the zero denim that much different to the 505 denim?

I wonder if going true to size on the S0505 was more to do with the cut (being similar to the 710) than the actual denim itself. So if one was to size down one on say the S5000, would it be more because of the denim or more because of the cut? If the BiG USA model is a S5000 cut, wouldn't you size down on that too (as with a normal S5000) or is the zero denim that much different to the 505 denim?

I didn't size down like I did on the 5000's because of the denim and the cinchback. Plus by the time I get around to really wearing these I'll probably be fatter. ;)

The Samurai USA model and the Warehouse contest jeans are the most overhyped things on superfuture right now, with the Evisu US jeans coming in at a close third.

The USA model is a monstrosity in regard to the cut in combination with the pockets and cinch, and the 505 denim is way hyped, it is not any better than any other Japanese denim or standout in the Samurai line up.

NOTHING SPECIAL, ACTUALLY QUITE UGLY.

The Samurai USA model and the Warehouse contest jeans are the most overhyped things on superfuture right now, with the Evisu US jeans coming in at a close third.

The USA model is a monstrosity in regard to the cut in combination with the pockets and cinch, and the 505 denim is way hyped, it is not any better than any other Japanese denim or standout in the Samurai line up.

cranky...don't buy them then.

I thought they looked nice at first and liked some of the details, but the cinchback seems to have no utility. If a belt is worn it seems like it would get in the way. I also think a cinchback jean needs to be quite baggy to have a legitimate vintage feel to them.

I do not agree on the 505 denim though. For my tastes it is beautiful.

i have yet to see a pair of jeans from the 21st generation, where the cinchback can actually be used as it was intended to by levis when they introduced it...

i guess its more of a nice detail, than a nice feature... not everything has to be useable, somethings are just meant to be there for the looks..

well jolly, i guess my viral marketing job is working then if these things are hyped.

actually, since i get paid any time someone mentions these things, you just made me some cash. thanks!

You were that annoying kid wearing the store sample USAs while Gordon fixed your jeans this Saturday weren't you?

I think the cinchback is just an add-on at this point. The cut doesn't really work with a cinch and sizing up may just make it look too loose on the top block. It's not cut like a SDA D01 for example. You could probably cut the cinch off and wear them like a normal S5000. What attracts me to the BiG model was the pocketbags, patch and rear pocket lining. It costs the same as a regular S5000 from BiG anyway.

I think the cinchback is just an add-on at this point. The cut doesn't really work with a cinch and sizing up may just make it look too loose on the top block. It's not cut like a SDA D01 for example. You could probably cut the cinch off and wear them like a normal S5000. What attracts me to the BiG model was the pocketbags, patch and rear pocket lining. It costs the same as a regular S5000 from BiG anyway.

Most of us don't wear our shirt tucked in anyway (at least I don't), so you're probably the only one that'll know the cinch is there. I like all the other details, I like the 5000 cut, and I like having a lighter weight denim for a change. The only reason any of us were pushing these in the first place was so we could get our pairs quicker...

i also agree with most when they say the cinchback kinda takes away from the jeans

...i feel that way too, but to each his own

i was originally thinking to just get the USA model and take the cinchback off, good thing i looked closer at the jeans as i found out there is a nice fat rivet in the center on either side...blast

but congrats to anyone who got a pair, the 505 denim looks beeeeeeeeuuuuuuuutiful