Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw his pictures, which is what led me to sizing down 1.

I love the way we have this process of figuring out what is the right size to get. People start off at true to size, and then someone sizes down one, or two, and after some time has passed there is a general consensus about "how many you should go down." For example, down two being the regular advice for New Standards.

There's usually a concensus on what size to get with different jeans...I'm convinced (for me anyway) that most sams are down 1 size. For reference, I wear a 28 in NS's, and 29 in Sam's. They're a bit torturous at first, but they always stretch out perfectly. Its all subjective though. ;)

I’d also say go for a size 29.

I’m a 30 in PBJ XX-005’s, a 28 in raw Dior's and a 28 in New Standards, and my size 29 S710's (which have been through BIG’s OXS service) fit perfectly in the waist.

Here’s a quick pic for reference, I had to lean over to take it which is why the angle is a bit off and the inseam looks quite short, irl they fit pretty much exactly like the pair that 'fix' posted a few pages back:

DSCF2492.jpg

There's usually a concensus on what size to get with different jeans...I'm convinced (for me anyway) that most sams are down 1 size. For reference, I wear a 28 in NS's, and 29 in Sam's. They're a bit torturous at first, but they always stretch out perfectly. Its all subjective though. ;)

Have you tried on the 710's or is that general Samurai knowledge?

The funny thing is, in my experience, as soon as I try to read Bears or another website with measurements it just throws me completely off. I just matched up a pair of 5010xx 6x6 and S710xx and apparently the Samurais are slimmer in the thigh, same waist, and slightly higher rise.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will make a decision tonight and post fit pictures when I get them.

Have you tried on the 710's or is that general Samurai knowledge?

The funny thing is, in my experience, as soon as I try to read Bears or another website with measurements it just throws me completely off. I just matched up a pair of 5010xx 6x6 and S710xx and apparently the Samurais are slimmer in the thigh, same waist, and slightly higher rise.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will make a decision tonight and post fit pictures when I get them.

I was only speaking generally of Sam's. Be cautious of Bears' measurements, as they're often different from other websites (possibly because they only sell one-wash jeans).

check this link out guys

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35494

its adam selling something puting measurements for the 21oz s510 an dthe m310 ( s5000 measurements ) botht says same on tag check out actual thats why people have to size up on the 21oz sam's( s510xx 21 oz.)

no its not a q. it sjust an information for people having problems with the sizing on their 21 oz. s510xx .... and people getting them in the future.. i had mine sent out in exchange for a bigger size..

they will stertch out..

when i got my s710's i couldnt button the top 2 buttons...

so i took a shower in them

worn them while drying ( did a lot of stretching ) like squatting etc etc ...

they will stretch out.. after that.. wear them for a couple of days at home.. stretch them out.. they if you feel comfy in them already then hot soak em then do the process again and youll be ok!

pain scale not so much man.. one more tip

wear them on your hips cause these will help them staretch out more while sitting down.. and spread your legs man.. this will help form the thigh whiskers..

good luck dont sell em mate the ones with arcs and tabs are pretty hard to come by these days.. these will fit you fine after a couple of days.. just do the process